• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
michael-jacobs-435_zpsonrl6nle.jpg

I dunno, doesn't look much like an Easter Bunny to me. Guess hiring practices are down? :shrug:

A registered sex offender was recently hired as a mall Easter Bunny in Pennsylvania – and then quickly fired by that same company after only a few hours in costume.

Michael Jacobs played the character for just 12 hours at the Westmoreland Mall in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, before he was "immediately terminated" after the company said it learned of his prior criminal record.

"An employee of Cherry Hill Photo who does the local hiring of the Mall Easter Bunny staff violated strict company guidelines and permitted a person to portray the Easter Bunny at the mall without first sending in the appropriate information to the corporate office for approval," the company said in a statement to PEOPLE.

The company said no inappropriate behavior was reported during Jacobs' time on the job and that the local manager in charge of hiring was suspended pending the completion of an internal investigation.

Jacobs, born in 1991, was first registered as a sexually violent predator under Pennsylvania's Megan's Law in July 2013, according to state records. His primary offense is listed as "unlawful contact or communication with a minor."

He has a tattoo of the word "pain" in all caps on his left arm and another tattoo of a pentagram on his left wrist, according to state records.

Jacobs was twice convicted in the sexual assault of a minor – in one case, having sex with a 15-year-old girl according to court documents obtained by Channel 11 News in a Friday report.

"It's unbelievable something like this could slip by. You think the company would be a little bit more thorough in their work," one parent told the station.​

REALLY! The Easter Bunny; and THIS is the best they could come up with? WTF! The dude has diddler written all over his face:eek::eek::eek:

He has a tattoo of the word "pain" in all caps on his left arm and another tattoo of a pentagram on his left wrist, according to state records.

So fucking edgy, what a badass.

I hope a condition of his probation/parole was to avoid contact with minors and this is going to send him back in. Fucker needs to be watched very carefully, only one reason he'd attempt to land a gig like this.

Do you guys do police checks ? Or working with children's checks before you hire people likely to have contact with children...... How did this happen ?!

Seems like a background check would be a top priority for anyone who applied for a job as the Easter Bunny or Santa. You know since children will be sitting on their laps and shit.

I'm in PA, so allow me to shed some light on how easy and cheap that would have been. First, PA has a Sex Offender Registry site, ours is basic, I know some states list the age range of the victim(s), ours does not. But then PA is linked up with a UJS Portal, it's on the internet, you go to ujs.portal.pa, the site pulls up, you do a Participant Name Search, select the county and hit submit. In a matter of a few seconds you have the Docket Sheets and Court Summaries for any case in that county that the person was involved in. Both options are free and very user friendly. There was NO excuse for a check not being done.

The fact that out of all the hundreds of jobs he could have applied for he chose this just means hes a creep, plain and simple.

"An employee of Cherry Hill Photo who does the local hiring of the Mall Easter Bunny staff violated strict company guidelines and permitted a person to portray the Easter Bunny at the mall without first sending in the appropriate information to the corporate office for approval,"
He was given the suit before all the paperwork had been checked. So it wasn't that they didn't do background checks, it's that the manager fucked up and didn't send it in before saying "Hey congrats, you got the job"

Seems like they just jumped the gun on getting him started - back ground check happened within 12 hours. Careless on the part of the manager but at least it appears the situation was rectified before he showed the kiddies his "special carrot".
easter-bunny-costume-07.jpg

I think the government has finally perfected cloning but just isn't admitting to it yet. I'd swear this guy's chromosomes were cultured from some Neanderthal Man DNA they found in a fossilized bone.

The Easter Bunny always looks evil, I don't know why parents force their kids to visit him. He's creepy as fuck, even when he isn't an undercover pedophile.

Back