• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police were investigating an animal cruelty complaint, three days after a puppy whose ears had been cut off was found with several other dogs in a parking lot in northeast Baltimore.

According to Baltimore City Public Information Officer Jeremy Silbert, police were called Sunday evening.

They found two dogs tied to a tree, along with several puppies who were for sale. One 10-week-old puppy, whom the BARCS (Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter) staff has named Claude, was found with both of his ears cut off, apparently with blunt instruments that left the dog bleeding from his head, in pain, and suffering from an infection.

The puppy immediately went through surgery at BARCS to remove the infected tissue, the rescue organization wrote on Facebook. In the process, more of his ears were removed. Once Claude has healed, he will be placed for adoption.

“In the arms of our staff, little Claude whimpers and cries,” the Facebook post said. “When he hears an interesting sound, he attempts to tilt his head and move what is left of his ears, but only finds himself in more pain.”
http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/pets/bs-fe-mutilated-dogs-20180829-story.html
469d961e-f5ea-4b7e-bb0d-8b018d33e921-large16x9_CLAUDEBARCS.jpg

Again with the eyes. You can tell this pup has seen hell. How anyone could hurt that sweet smushy face is beyond me.

Not going to lie, thought I was going to open this up and it was going to be a story about a baby being tied to a tree with it's ears cut off. :dead:
I just read a story on another site about dead cats and kittens in a freezer and all I could think was; thank God it wasn't babies.

Sep 27, 2018
A puppy who was found in Baltimore with its ears cut off has a new home.

Animal control found Claude with his ears cut off in an empty lot. He along with other puppies were tied to a tree near Belair Road in Northeast Baltimore in August.

Now Claude is much happier as a family has adopted him.

BARCS says Sophie and Chaz took him in. He joins their other dogs London and Callie as part of their family.

Police are still looking for the person who cut off Claude's ears

Back