• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
They just said on the local news that there is a possible sighting of the suspect in Miami. The po po has surrounded a condo belonging to the husband of one of the murdered sisters.

Why would he be hiding him unless he was in on it with him?
On the other hand, it might not be Michael.

He might have the brother in law as a hostage, or he may not even be home. I'm surprised he hasn't off'd himself yet. The 911 call is so chilling and ugh how horrible to hear a father say I think he's shot my daughter :( fucking awful

On its Web site, the marshals service posted a profile of Merhige, 35, which indicated he had a history of mental problems and a "strong resentment toward several family members." It also labeled him as effeminate and possibly homosexual. It said he might frequent "homosexual establishments.

Marshals said Merhige was taking the following medications: Seroquel, an antipsychotic prescribed for bipolar, depression and schizophrenia; Ativan, an anti-anxiety medication; and Atenolol, a beta-blocker used to treat angina and hypertension.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/reward-raised-to-25-000-for-information-on-97579.html

His car has to be hidden somewhere for it not to have been seen for 7 days. Either a garage, parking garage, airport.

Michael has several aliases....

Last week, authorities circulated security camera footage showing Merhige standing over the rifle at a South Florida gun shop, Pascarella said.

On the run, Merhige might be using as many as three aliases — Paul Mariage, Carlo Rabisi or Michael Manis, Pascarella said.

He also has a large scar across his chest, an identifying mark authorities previously hadn't told the public about.
Short Video of Paul Michael in the Gun shop here too: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...erful-rifle-105948.html?cxntcid=breaking_news

Notice his hands, why would they be so red???

[...]
“America’s Most Wanted” is expected to lead its telecast Saturday night at 9 p.m. on Fox with the Thanksgiving Day murders, and plans to air the in-depth story they are now developing on Dec. 26, according to Jupiter police.

“We’re interested in this story because it is rare that there is a quadruple murder, although unfortunately, another four people were killed in Ohio this week,” said Cindy Anderson, the America’s Most Wanted Florida producer.

“Anytime there is a child killed, for John Walsh, the story goes right to the top,” she said, referring to the face and voice of “America’s Most Wanted.”
[...]

Manny Puri, a supervisor inspector for the U.S. Marshals Service, said Friday the marshals as well as Jupiter police and the FBI want to keep Merhige’s face in front of the public.

“This is a waiting game, a chess game,” Puri said. “I don’t have to hide, but Merhige does. Time is on our side. He has certain physical characteristics, his large protruding stomach and his receding hairline that are distinctive, as well as the obsessive compulsive characteristic that may draw someone’s attention to him, resulting in a tip that would lead us to Merhige.
[...]

A digital billboard about Merhige has been activated in cooperation with the Jupiter Police Department, the U.S. Marshals Service and America’s Most Wanted. The billboard displays a photo of Merhige and is on the southbound side of I-95 in Delray Beach.

The FBI has also activated “Wanted” billboards along the southeast region of the United States about Merhige.

Vansteenburgh said: “We are following every tip, and hope to get that one tip that gives us a lead in this case. We encourage people to call the Jupiter police with any information they may have.”
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/dec/15/americas-most-wanted-to-feature-jupiter-killings/

I hope he went and offed himself in a swamp and gators got him and all they find is his head full of maggots.

CAPTURED!!!!!

How freaking amazing!!! I am still kinda shocked he didn't kill himself but I guess he's really that fucking cold hearted and will rot in jail until the needle is inserted. I <3 AMW viewers!

JUPITER — Palm Beach Post Staff Reports

Paul Michael Merhige, the subject of a massive manhunt for the Thanksgiving Day massacre of four members of his family, has been captured.

Merhige, 35, was arrested in Long Key after America's Most Wanted aired a segment about the case at 9 p.m.

Merhige is accused of slaying six-year-old Makayla Sitton, her grandmother Raymonde Joseph, and his two twin sisters.

After receiving a tip, authorities went to the Edge Water Lodge Motel at Mile Marker 65.5. The tipster said a person strongly resembling Merhige had checked into the motel on Dec. 2 under the name of John Baca and provided an address in Homestead, according to the Jupiter Police Department.

He was taken into custody without incident.

"I'm elated that the monster is in the cage. We don't have to worry about him killing my wife or coming back for my father-in-law. It doesn't bring my daughter back, but at least this chapter is over," said Jim Sitton, the father of Makayla.

Authorities have said Merhige carefully planned the attack. He had purchased guns days before the assault and had reclaimed his passport from his parents, according to his mother.

He also bought a cover for his blue Toyota Camry, possibly to conceal the car from law enforcement after the attack.

Merhige had been invited to Thanksgiving dinner with the family at the home of Jim and Muriel Sitton. Relatives said he was calm throughout the meal. They said they believed the attack was his horrific way of punishing his family for what his mother called "16 years of problems."

His last victim was Makayla. Her mother, Muriel, is Merhige's cousin.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/merhige-captured-in-long-key-in-thanksgiving-day-159880.html

Hip Hip Hooray!! I am glad he was taken alive! I hope he suffers immensely before being put to sleep, it won't be enough justice, but it will have to be that way. Merhige has OCD and he was always accusing his sisters of taunting him about it, instead of helping him get better, well, the challenge of prison life and no family to support him is certainly going to help, NOT!
I have been praying that he had attempted suicide, botched that and was somewhere in alot of pain, so now I'll just have to pray that Paul Michael receives some torturous infection and dies slowly in a cell.......A needle in the arm is too peaceful and easy!!

Once again, AMW shows the power the media and public can have in bringing killers to justice. Knowing his fear of germs, I hope he is tortured daily with reminders of how dirty and unclean jails and prisons are. He deserves to die for what he did.

Merhige has OCD and he was always accusing his sisters of taunting him about it, instead of helping him get better, well, the challenge of prison life and no family to support him is certainly going to help, NOT!

Oh shit, do I see a defense attorney using this to save the used condom from the death penalty or even prison?

Oh shit, do I see a defense attorney using this to save the used condom from the death penalty or even prison?

He'll use it to try and save him from the DP. There's no way he won't go to prison. He certainly knew right from wrong, put planning into this, and stayed on the run for over a month and took steps to try and avoid being caught (fake name, covered up his car etc). Just put him in general population, they'll make quick work of him.

The man in room No. 14 did not come out much. He washed his own sheets and towels, kept his car covered in the parking lot, and even Edgewater Lodge owner Melinda Pfaff and her daughter Megan, who lived next door in No. 13, could not figure out where he got his food.

Still, as Pfaff said Sunday, "After 15 years in the motel business, I've seen unusual. He was not unusual."

But Paul Michael Merhige is unusual, police say.
[...]

That plan came to an explosive climax Saturday night when a squad of heavily armed federal and local law officers blew off the sliding-glass door of No. 14, hit Merhige with a stun gun and took him into custody without a struggle. He was reportedly on his computer when police burst into the room.

"This does not bring my daughter back, so I'm not jumping up and down in jubilation," Jim Sitton, whose 6-year-old child Maykayla was the youngest of the four victims, said at a press conference. "At least I will be able to sleep knowing that the monster is not right outside my door to finish what he started on Thanksgiving."
[...]

The capture of one of the nation's most-wanted fugitives came at 10 p.m. EST Saturday, about four hours after Melinda Pfaff's husband Paul, 56, saw a promotional spot for Fox's "America's Most Wanted" television show, coming up that evening.

Recognizing the similarity between Merhige's face on the wanted poster and that of the reclusive guest who called himself John Baca and had been paying cash for the room since Dec. 2, Paul Pfaff asked his wife to check the TV show's website. "He came in and saw the picture, and said, 'That's him. I'm freaking out.'"

The couple called Megan, 21, down from her room, and began advising motel guests to lock their doors and stay inside. Melinda Pfaff, 53, said she phoned the program's hotline. "They asked me, 'On a scale of 10, how sure are you?' I said, "Ten.'"

Within the hour officers from the U.S. Marshal's Service arrived and quietly surrounded Merhige's room, no more than 150 feet from busy U.S. 1, the Overseas Highway.

As officers prepared to storm the room, the Pfaffs, along with a family of guests staying in another adjacent unit, gathered in the couple's residence. They all watched the 9 p.m. EST airing of the "America's Most Wanted" episode about the suspected killer who was just a few yards away.
[...]

Melinda Pfaff said she, her husband and Megan knew the man who checked in as Baca was not the normal Keys visitor. He did not go fishing, he was rarely, if ever, seen outside during the day, and he interacted with the Pfaffs only when seeking change for the washer and drier or when he paid for his room a week in advance.

Still, they saw no reason to fear him. "The curtains were always drawn, and we were concerned that he was still alive in there," said Megan Pfaff, who works for a veterinary clinic in Key Largo. "But I felt safe. But looking back on it, it freaks me out."

According to Melinda Pfaff, Merhige was paid up through Jan. 15, and had recently inquired about staying into February. She said she was noncommittal about whether the room was available. "I was starting to feel, 'Do I want him here?'" she said.

The subject of a massive manhunt that got national attention, Merhige was known to be driving a blue Toyota Camry. That car was found under a tarp in the motel parking lot, bearing tags registered to a 1991 Lexus once owned by a relative, officials said.

Stacks of canned goods were found in Merhige's room, said Paul Pfaff. "Spaghetti, macaroni, beans - provisions, like he was hunkering down."

Also found in the room were tanks of helium, a plastic bag, a hose and, on the kitchen table, a hangman's noose, according to Paul Pfaff, who said the objects were removed by police. He said he doubted the rope, which was about a quarter-inch thick, would have supported Merhige's weight. Darn!

Still, Pfaff speculated after the arrest, Merhige was "definitely suicidal."

"This guy was ready to die. He didn't have a lot to live for, you know."
[...]

The U.S. Marshal's Service Florida Regional Task Force offered a $100,000 reward for information leading to Merhige's arrest, and Paul Pfaff said late Sunday he and his wife may be eligible. "They said they would discuss it with us," Pfaff said.
[...]
http://www.sacbee.com/848/story/2435236.html

Wish he had taken his aunt's route when she did her murder spree more than 30 years ago and killed himself. I don't know the family is able to cope with two brutal murder sprees in their family.

A South Florida man accused of killing four family members and injuring two others after Thanksgiving dinner in Jupiter appeared before a Palm Beach County judge on Thursday.

Paul Michael Merhige, 35, is charged with first degree murder in the deaths of his aunt, twin sisters and 6-year-old Makayla Sitton, the daughter of his cousin.

During the hearing Sitton's parents remained stone faced as they sat feet from Merhige as trial 'housekeeping' matters were discussed including when the attorneys would be ready to start the trial and the types of questions that would be used to screen potential jurors. The defense said they would need another year and half before they are ready to go to trial.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Merhige who disappeared after the massacre, prompting a month-long manhunt. He was taken into custody January 2nd, 2010 in the Florida Keys when the Pfaff family, who owns of the Edgewater Resort on Long Key, saw Merhige's face on the local news and recognized him as one of their customers. Merhige had been staying at the hotel since December 2nd under the name John Baca. The Pfaff family has received the $100,000 reward for the tip that led to his arrest.

http://cbs4.com/local/paul.merhige.jim.2.1782943.html

When he pulled the trigger on his final victim, a sleeping girl, Paul Michael Merhige did so with the most awesome cruelty, a witness said.

After shooting Makayla Sitton, 6, in her bed on Thanksgiving Day, the last of the four relatives police say he killed that day, he left the room but immediately hesitated.

Apparently not convinced his work was done, he returned to Makayla's bed and shot her again, leaving her to die with a bullet in her back, another in her hip and one more in her head, said Patrick Knight, Merhige's brother-in-law, who was critically wounded but survived.
Months later, sitting in the Palm Beach County Jail, Merhige, 35, seemed shaken by the horrors of his alleged deeds. He called his father collect at his Miami-area home, begging forgiveness.

"I think about them," he told his father. "I think about heaven, you know? I think about them constantly. I don't know how I could have done what I've done to everybody, everybody I've hurt."

His father, sounding dry and defeated in a static-filled recording of the jail phone call, had by then given Merhige an accounting of the wreckage:

"We have nothing," he told his son. "You have nothing. It's a total nightmare. Our lives have changed forever."

New details in audio recordings and hundreds of pages of court documents released on Friday paint an ever-more chilling portrait of Merhige's alleged Thanksgiving Day 2009 massacre at a relative's house in Jupiter, while also offering insight into Merhige's own mind after his capture in January and his years-long struggle with mental illness.

He was seemingly merciless in his cold-blooded execution of his twin sisters, his aunt and his cousin's daughter at the end of a Thanksgiving dinner celebration, according to police interviews with survivors. A relative who survived the attack described seeing an "evil haunting look" on Merhige's face.

He shot his aunt, Raymonde Joseph, 76, once in the shoulder and then, as her husband cowered on the ground next to her, trying to stop the bleeding, he held the gun to her chest and fired again, blowing a hole in her sternum, Joseph's husband later recalled.

After fatally shooting Joseph, and his two sisters, Carla Merhige and pregnant Lisa Knight, both 33, he made his way to Makayla's bedroom twice before slipping away, fleeing south and disappearing for more than a month. He was eventually tracked down and captured Jan. 2 in a Florida Keys motel.

The estranged recluse, once a talented athlete and standout prep school student in Miami, had shown no signs of violence or anger at the family gathering that evening, despite his long history of violence and threats to his sisters. One sister had once been granted a restraining order against him years earlier, and he had once shot himself in a suicide attempt.

But court records show in the weeks before the meal he had painstaking and discreetly spent $2,000 on at least four guns and ammunition in two Broward County gun shops. He even asked for a scope to be attached to a bolt-action Remington 700 rifle. He said he wanted to use it for hunting.

Merhige had been asking his parents for days about the Thanksgiving event but never committed to attending. And his parents never alerted their hosts, Jim and Muriel Sitton, that he might be coming.

When he called that evening to announce he was on his way, his mother couldn't resist a sinister thought.

"I hope he doesn't come and kill us all tonight," Carole Merhige recalled telling her daughter, Lisa Knight, according to a Jupiter police report.

"Mom, it came to my mind," her daughter replied. "But don't say that to Dad because Dad would get upset that we had such ideas."

The newly released documents suggest that Patrick Knight, a board certified civil trial lawyer from Miami, would likely be a star witness for the prosecution in a trial. Lying shot and wounded on the living room floor, it was he who witnessed Merhige shoot Makayla once, leave the room and then reenter.

"It was quick," Knight told investigators in March, after awaking from a medically induced coma. "He went and shot her and came out and almost instantly, like a second thought, went right back in and shot her again, I guess to make sure she was dead."

After his capture on Jan. 2, Merhige seemed dazed by his own deeds and worried about his future. Records show he rambled on in a police interrogation, implicating himself in the murders without discussing them directly.

"It's impossible, you know, to reconcile what happened with me," he said. "It's just, it's not even real. I'm not violent. I've never been violent. I'm not a criminal or a drug addict. It's just unbelievable what I've done to everybody."

Seemingly unaware of the workings of the court system and scale of the criminal charges that would face him, he asked a police officer if he would be facing "a long process."

"A year? Two years?" he asked.

Told that the wait for a trial could be lengthy, he wondered what would happen next.

"What about afterwards?" he asked. "What's the worst-case scenario for this?"

If prosecutors have their way, the worst-case scenario is death. The State Attorney's Office is seeking the death penalty for Merhige. His next court hearing is set for November, when a judge is expected to set a trial date.

But his public defenders are expected to pursue an insanity defense, which could result in Merhige being sent to a mental hospital instead of Death Row.

It is a result Merhige apparently is hoping for.

"Hopefully after the case, hopefully I get sent to a hospital," he told his father in the phone call from jail.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/fl-more-merhige-records-20100903,0,5331506.story

I have found an update on this story today. http://home.suddenlink.net/news/rea...@news.ap.org>&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS&page=1

The little girl had been writing and making up childrens stories before she was murdered. Her mother had recorded her telling of one these stories. The mother and father published a book called "The Bear's Castle" It also comes with the recording that the little girl made telling the story herself. All profits from the book goes to a charity setup in the girls name. The family is still trying to work through the pain of their loss. The little girls room is just as they left it and they still have her drawings hanging in the front room that she had drawn. Click the source link to get a better description. I wish you all a Happy New Year!

7 consecutive sentences of life in prison!!

20111027-10.jpg
20111027-09.jpg
A judge has accepted a plea deal and sentenced Paul Michael Merhige to seven consecutive life sentences, sparing him the death penalty for killing four of his relatives in Jupiter during a Thanksgiving Day 2009 shooting spree.

"He will never see the light of day," Circuit Judge Joseph Marx said.
[...]

Prosecutors called several witnesses in the hearing, including Merhige's parents Carole and Michael.

Carole Merhige said she'd planned to grow old with her daughters but for the past two years has been struggling to come to grips with the violence that she says has caused her to lose all three of her children.

"Everyone is hurting," Carole said. "And everyone is blinded by their own pain."

Jim Sitton held a lock of his daughter Makayla's hair in his hand as he spoke to the judge, pleading with him to postpone the hearing. The Sittons have said that they wanted prosecutors to take the case to trial and continue seeking the death penalty.

At one point, Jim Sitton dropped to his knees, in what he said was an attempt to plead with prosecutors one last time to allow the case to go to trial.

"Makayla didn't have a chance to beg for her life," Sitton said. "Why should he have the chance to beg for his?"

Patrick Knight, left a widower after the death of his wife, told the judge that he agreed with the plea, but described Merhige as a fat, lazy, loser who had failed at everything in his life.

Merhige sat open-mouthed as Knight said that after today, he hoped never to hear his brother-in-law's name again.

"This defendant stole the lives of four of the most beautiful people because he was jealous, because he was angry, because he didn't want to see anyone do better than him," Knight said.
[...]

Also as part of the plea deal, prosecutors announced they were withdrawing their intent to seek the death penalty.

With death off the table, Marx said the life sentences were the highest penalty he could impose.

Merhige, who told the judge he has been on anti-psychotic and anti-depressant drugs, sat stoically throughout the hearing, listening as Muriel Sitton announced in court that she is now pregnant again. She later said she is expecting a daughter.

Aside from losing her daughter, Muriel Sitton said, Merhige also killed Joseph, her mother.

"No sentence on earth can ever make up for what we have lost," Muriel Sitton said. "But we plead with you to let this case go to trial and give us a chance to get the justice the victims deserve."

After the hearing, though, Muriel Sitton said she respects the judge's decision.

"In the end, we know (Merhige) will never come out (of prison) unless it is in box," she said.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...-7-consecutive-sentences-of-life-1936276.html

Crazy fucker.

He was 24 years old and still sucked his thumb, though he wrapped it in cellophane before sticking it in his mouth.

He sometimes wore two pairs of underpants, afraid he would somehow impregnate a woman otherwise. Then came the five-hour showers, the suicide attempts and the blood - blood that Paul Michael Merhige said he saw everywhere.

Medical records - released by prosecutors after Merhige accepted life in prison to avoid a possible death sentence for killing four relatives and injuring three others - show disturbing details from more than a decade of doctor and hospital visits as Merhige's family sought treatment across the country for his mental illnesses.
[...]

But long before Merhige opened fire on a house full of relatives at a Jupiter Thanksgiving Day get-together in 2009, he told one psychiatrist after another that he couldn't get death off his mind.

A report from 1996, when Merhige was in his early 20s, showed him as a young man whose life already had been ruined by depression and obsessive compulsive rituals so severe he had to give up plans for law school and couldn't function on his own.

"The amount of water, soap bars, paper towels used is very sad," he wrote of his own condition before he later added: "Been under 'house arrest' for 2½ years."

By then, his parents, Michael and Carole Merhige, had arranged for him to move into an apartment away from the family, whom Merhige deeply resented.

He told a therapist in 1998 that he felt that his family was obligated to take care of him and thought he should move back home because he firmly believed that his family should "suffer with him."
[...]

Then, in April of 1999, he tried to kill himself with a gunshot to the chest that lacerated one of his lungs.

That attempt came after the first of two times his family had him involuntarily confined under the state's Baker Act. Afterward, Michael Merhige visited local gun shops and begged them not to sell a gun to his son.

Merhige tried suicide again in 2005, swallowing all the pills left in his extensive cache of psychotropic medicines.

In family therapy sessions, Merhige's twin sisters, Carla Merhige and Lisa Knight, said they got along with their brother before his first severe bout of depression when he was 19, but their relationship had deteriorated.

Carla Merhige in 2006 won a restraining order against him after he lunged at her and threatened to slit her throat, one of several violent incidents between Merhige and relatives.

But he described their relations this way: "I was the center of attention and my sisters were jealous."
[...]

Makayla Sitton's father, Jim, on Friday said that prosecutors should have let a jury decide between a potential life and death sentence for Merhige, though other relatives accepted the plea.

Dr. Antoine Joseph, Sitton's father-in-law and Raymonde Joseph's husband, also has little sympathy for Merhige, saying he would have enjoyed seeing him put to death.

"Nevertheless, with him in jail for life, I will have the satisfaction that a vermin like him has been removed from society, that his name will forever be synonymous with shame and dishonor, and his image will always be one of a monster," he said.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/m...-mental-chaos-of-killer-mentally-1952799.html

Sounds like this guy really should have been committed... Seems like the ball was dropped when it came to this case.

Judge dismisses lawsuit against Merhige's parents
WEST PALM BEACH — Michael and Carole Merhige can't be held responsible for their son's murderous 2009 Thanksgiving rampage simply because they supported him financially, a judge ruled late today.

Palm Beach County Circuit Judge Meenu Sasser dismissed one of two multi-million-dollar lawsuits filed against the Miami couple, saying parents can't be held responsible for the actions of their adult children.

"What is clear is that no Florida decision has imposed liability upon parents for the intentional acts of their adult child simply because the child was financially dependent on, or needed to reside with his parents," she wrote in a six-page order.

Her decision only impacts the lawsuit Broward County resident Patrick Knight filed, accusing his ex-in-laws of being responsible for the death of his wife, who was also the Merhiges' daughter. Lisa Knight, who was pregnant, and her 33-year-old twin, Carla Merhige, were both gunned down by their brother.

Sasser's ruling also potentially impacts a similar lawsuit filed by Jim and Muriel Sitton, the Jupiter residents who hosted the ill-fated Thanksgiving celebration. They lost their 6-year-old daughter, Makayla, and Muriel's mother Raymonde Joseph, 76, when Paul Merhige, then 35, opened fire.

Both Knight, the Sittons and Joseph's widower, Antoine, claim the Merhiges set the stage for Paul's killing spree by inviting him to the celebration, knowing he suffered severe mental problems and had threatened violence against family members in the past. Because the Merhiges paid for the Miami condominium where Paul lived and gave him money he used to buy his getaway car and the guns he used, they should be held responsible, they argued in separate lawsuits.

Neither Knight nor his attorney Joshua Diamond could be reached for comment. In her ruling, Sasser said they could rewrite their lawsuit to keep it alive.

Attorney Julie Littky-Rubin said she is already amending the lawsuit she filed on behalf of the Sittons and Joseph and so is hopeful Sasser's ruling will have no impact on their case.

Daniel Bachi, who represents the Merhiges, was also unavailable for comment.

Veteran attorney Ted Babbitt, who represents plaintiffs in civil lawsuits, said Sasser made the right call.

"We're always trying to find ways, because kids don't have any money, to make the parents responsible," he said. "I've been pretty successful in some pretty wild excursions of what the law says, but I don't understand their theory."

Unless the Merhiges had been made the legal guardians of Paul, they weren't responsible for him. It would be against public policy to saddle a third party with liability for an adult they don't control, he said.

However, he said, there are ways that the Merhiges might be held responsible. "It's all a question of zone of responsibility," he said. "You can't knowingly expose people to danger to whom you have a responsibility to protect."

If the murders had occurred at the Merhiges' home, the duty to protect would be more clear cut, he said. Since the deadly shootings occurred at the Sittons, it's more dicey, he said. "It's a little bit of a stretch but that's the way I would have gone."

While many have flinched at the idea of family members suing family members, particularly when the Merhiges lost so much, Babbitt said it happens all the time. "You're going after the insurance money not the people," he said.

Not only did the Merhiges lose their twin daughters and their first grandchild, but they also lost their son. [....]
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...lawsuit-against-merhiges-parents-2212690.html

14t4rc2.jpg
Muriel and Jim Sitton are thankful for their 21 month old daughter Natalia Grace. Jim said, "She has changed our world."
Natalia is too young to know the tragedy her parents endured. Four years ago, on Thanksgiving Day, 6 year old Makayla Joy Sitton and three family members were shot to death by a cousin
[....]
The Sittons were devastated they lost their daughter, Muriel's mother and her two cousins.
"Every day is hard, but that day brings together all the things that happened that day. The good start of that morning, all the way to the horrific end that we had changed our lives forever," said Muriel.

While the pain is still there - Jim says Natalia has helped them smile and sing again.
"One morning I woke up and I hear singing and I had not heard music in years. And I was thinking...what is that? And it was Muriel singing Amazing Grace to Natalia, and I thought, we are going to make it. Music, love is back in the house, " Jim said.

Another blessing is on the way. The Sittons are expecting a baby in July.
"Yesterday on the 26, exact four-year anniversary, angel anniversary, we saw the heart beat of our child for the first time yesterday, " said Jim.

Muriel said, "There is a whole new chapter, new direction, new things in store for us, and it's just reaffirming to us that God's not finished with us yet. I would have thought this is it for us, but apparently not."
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/the-sittons-share-what-thanksgiving-means-to-them-after-tragedy-struck-their-lives-four-years-ago#ixzz2ludRX5iy

Heartbreaking story, this family knew he was a time bomb waiting to go off. Too bad this fucker didn't succeed with one of those suicide attempts years before

Back