• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Kimberix

Trusted Member
another somewhat local one to me.....was first reported as SIDS (i know, right?)

Boy died after being left alone for more than 6 hours

COCOA, Fla. - The parents of an infant who died two weeks ago have been arrested Thursday, according to Cocoa police.

Police have been investigating the 1-month-old boy's death since May 10, when he was found not breathing at a home on Flower Mound Lane in Oak Meadows Apartments.

Paramedics arrived at the home within minutes and found the infant unresponsive before pronouncing him dead, police reported.

The child's mother, Superiah Campbell, called 911 when she found that the newborn was "still," according to the arrest report.

Campbell said she had not checked on the baby for eight hours and the father, Cameron Dowden, said he had not checked on the baby for at least 6 hours, detectives said.

Detectives said they determined through electronic evidence and statements by the parents that the baby was left alone for more than six hours.

“By failing to check on the child for over six hours, the defendants consciously did an act or followed a course of conduct that they must have known, or reasonably should have known was likely to cause death or great bodily harm,” Detective Debra Titkanich wrote in the arrest report of the two parents. “Both parents showed a reckless disregard for human life.”

A man who said he was the baby's father told News 6 the boy accidentally turned over in his sleep.

The Brevard County Medical Examiner's Office told News 6 that an autopsy was completed, but those results were not released a day after the infant died.

Campbell and Dowden are charged with manslaughter of a child.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/pa...ice-say?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
[doublepost=1495759426,1495758132][/doublepost]oh and the requisite "why me god" post on her FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/superiah.campbell

That bish says on her FB she studied at a FL college to be a RN. Hell no. That right there ought to be incriminating if only for the simple reason she knew damn well that leaving that little itty-bitty baby alone was dangerous. SMH, RIP little sweetie.

Damn. Just one month old.

This was bound to happen sooner or later. If she lost interest when the wee one was only a month old, no way was she going to make it 18 years. Thats 216 months.

So I don't get it- the article indicates they were charged because they hadn't checked on the baby in 6+ hours. What time did they call for help? Was this daytime or did they put the baby to bed at 9pm and then not check on him til 8:00 am?

Were they thinking "OMG he slept through the night!-- Hallelujah"

I would have been serving LWOP - many nights my kids slept through the night, I didn't get up every six hours to check on them. During the day- yes, but put them down at night it wasn't odd for them to sleep 7-8 or even 9 hours. This was in the days, we were told to put our little ones on their tummys.

So I don't get it- the article indicates they were charged because they hadn't checked on the baby in 6+ hours. What time did they call for help? Was this daytime or did they put the baby to bed at 9pm and then not check on him til 8:00 am?

I would have been serving LWOP - many nights my kids slept through the night, I didn't get up every six hours to check on them. During the day- yes, but put them down at night it wasn't odd for them to sleep 7-8 or even 9 hours. This was in the days, we were told to put our little ones on their tummys.

It was during the day.

I have to say that I think one month old is very young to not check on them even if it was at night, unless they had been sleeping through the night all along. That's quite young to do so, though. Not unheard of, but most babies at a mere four weeks old need to eat every few hours. And they're almost certainly pooping quite often still, I wouldn't let them sit in that for 6 to 9 hours.

Just a couple of months later, it's often a different story, but a month old baby needs some monitoring, imo.

there was electronic evidence(i assume texts) that the baby was actually home alone all that time.

Another tragic case of idiots given the opportunity to bring forth life but not giving a shit about the little one. May he rest in peace this world wasn't good enough for him anyway :(

1622385959449.png

Name:CAMPBELL, SUPERIAH LEE

Supervision Type:PROBATION FELONY

Scheduled Termination Date:12/03/2022

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Community Supervision Length
05/09/2017CHILD NEGLECT12/04/2017BREVARD17290905Y 0M 0D
1Y 0M 0D
3Y 1M 24D
1622386261019.png

Name:DOWDEN, CAMERON N

Current Custody:COMMUNITY
Current Release Date: 01/26/2022