• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Krystal

Veteran Member
When the bar will not allow you to bring your 3 month old in with you, do the logical thing and leave them on the sidewalk outside.

That's just one of the tips that I'm sure parents, Antonio Nieves, 28 and Amy Schafer, 27, could share with us.

Antonio and Amy are the parents of a brand new baby, a tiny, little, sweet 3 month old. But Antonio and Amy had a hankerin' for some booze. While when my boys were 3 months old I wasn't looking to tie one on but I guess I get it, new baby, new stress, lack of sleep, a night out with a few adult beverages could be soothing. Well...

Antonio and Amy didn't bother to find a babysitter, naw, they figured they would just take their baby to the bar with them. Sure, because a loud, smelly bar filled with assorted drunks and other undesirables is exactly where you want your 3 month old. Yep, super clean and sterile, no chance of your baby getting sick or accidentally injured by a stumbling drunk.

Apparently, staff at the bar shares my concerns with a baby in a bar and they told the couple that their baby was not to be brought in the bar. So, they did what all responsible parents do and grabbed a 6 pack, maybe a bottle of the hard stuff and headed home.

No, not really, because if they did that they wouldn't be here on out site, now would they?

Antonio and Amy decided to simply leave their 3 month old out on the sidewalk.

But don't despair Demonites, Amy went out very 5 minutes or so to check on the baby.

Witnesses stated that the couple downed shots for about 2 hours with Amy going outside "every 5 minutes" to check on the baby.

But that stellar example of parenting is not what got the attention of police. Nope, no one seemed to notice the baby on the sidewalk. Instead, the lovely couple got drunk, actually shit-faced and got to fighting which prompted there ejection from the bar. From there the fight got even more intense.

After stumbling and wobbling home the couple began to "create a disturbance" forcing a neighbor to call the police. In fact, it is reported that Antonio hit his girlfriend.

Upon the police officers' arrival, the couple admitted to being at the bar, leaving their child in a car seat on the sidewalk for 2 and 1/2 hours while they went shot-for-shot like frat brothers in college. And, of course, admitted to fighting like the drunken gutter-trash that they are.

Both Amy and Antonio have been charged with Child Abuse and Child Neglect, additionally, Antonio has been charged with Domestic Battery for the alleged assault on his girlfriend.

Their child has been removed from their care and is currently under the care of the State Department of Children and Family Services while officials work to find a home for the baby while the investigation is continuing.

Link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...aby-sidewalk-drink-bar-cops-article-1.2339078

those "parents" deserve the shock and fear they would have felt had the baby really been abducted.

Odds are they wouldn't have even noticed she was missing, just went on home to beat the hell out of each other, pass out and sleep it off only to realize (maybe) the baby was missing in the morning.

Really? None in the bar observing the newborn being left out on the sidewalk for 2 and 1/2 hours bothered to call the police until the parents were shit-faced nasty and letting it fly? I'd have called the moment the infant carrier touched the sidewalk outside the bar reporting an abandoned infant!!

I'd have called the moment the infant carrier touched the sidewalk outside the bar reporting an abandoned infant!!
I would have taken the little home, not like they would care anyway. More time to drink and fight if someone else has their baby.

It would be a win-win.

Damn, I'm just waiting to find one of these infants left.
First one I see, I'm taking it home.
I'll be singing *thank you Jesus, thank you jesus* all the way home.

Did these two fuckwads REALLY need to reproduce? Poor kid. I'll bet he/she was conceived during one of their drunken bouts before the fighting began.

I bet they stuck the baby behind a bush or trash barrel. They wanted it to be safe after all. Wouldn't just leave it in the open!

Why don't these idiots just go to the store and boy a bottle of whatever top shelf shit they like to drink and go get hammered at home? It'd be a helluva lot cheaper and they wouldn't have to leave the baby outside. I guess being outside could have been safer than what could have happened to her at home. If they would do that to her with a bar full of people and not give a fuck, imagine what they do when nobody is around! Hell, if they woulda just stayed home and drank where it's cheaper they coulda used that extra money on a BABYSITTER!

i get so excited when i see a story is posted by @Krystal ... I just know its going to be an awesome read... but WTF is wrong with some people!

What the hell. All I wanted to do was sleep when my daughter was a newborn. What idiots. They're lucky nothing bad happened in between those 5 minute checks on the baby.

What the hell. All I wanted to do was sleep when my daughter was a newborn. What idiots. They're lucky nothing bad happened in between those 5 minute checks on the baby.
That's because you did it all wrong and wasted your energy taking care of your newborn, they don't bother taking care of the infant so they have plenty of energy left to go to bars and fight

Excellent job @Krystal!

Siiiiiiiigh... you know they'll probably get their baby back. Just think of the fun childhood that awaits it. :banghead: Based on these nitwits outstanding decision making skills I'd be genuinely surprised if she refrained from the booze while pregnant. :shifty:

Their careless stupidity might actually be the best thing that could have happened for the baby. At least now it has a chance of getting responsible humans to raise it. I hope. o_O But I agree, they're lucky... It could have also turned out to be the worst thing that could have happened. Selfish morons.

Back