• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

frizz

Does anyone have any weird stories? I have a few. We moved a while back and nothing has happened in this new home. But the one before was creepy. At first it was just me who heard and saw things so my bf thought it was hilarious.... until... it happened to him. Then it got real. We were in a condo that used to be apts. There were four units in every building. Oddly, most of the time the other three units in our building were vacant. IDK why. We would hear crashing noises like furniture being turned over. We'd hear sounds like a bowling ball rolling and rolling and rolling longer than the length of the room. I had found my stove turned on when I was alone and was not cooking. Also, a lamp was turned over with the shade off and burning the sofa. It was smoking and I smelled it and was pretty freaked out. I thought maybe a huge truck went by and shook it over, but there was no room to drive large trucks bc we were at the apex of a curve and it was too tight. Now I sound like a nutjob

Nothing weird ever happens to me. I feel left out. :confused: After hearing yours, however, that's perfectly okay.:bye: I take that back. Not long after my father passed, the phone rang and when I picked it up I heard static but also thought I could hear a man's voice but not what he was saying. ;)

I have had no weird shit in this new home, but the old one... yikes. I could bore the hell out of you with stories. Thank goodness there was someone else there to witness it so I wouldn't think I was cray. There was a black shadowy thing in the condo but it wouldn't come into the main bedroom. We saw it in the hall and the guest bedroom. We had some odd white purple orbs in the bedroom that were oddly comforting and not frightening. IDK what they were.
[doublepost=1503948108,1503947991][/doublepost]Satanica, nothing ever happened with us with the phone that I can recall. The lights would go on and off and the tv, but we rationalized that to be bad wiring. Always wanted to find a reason for something to explain why.
[doublepost=1503949026][/doublepost]There was something so weird about the kitchen. I t always gave me the creeps and I couldn't pinpoint why. I felt like someone was watching me. Finally my bf put up a mirror over behind the stove so I could see behind me. Also, there was a creepy kitchen window. I put up blinds AND curtains and kept them closed. There was a sinking feeling that something was out there in the bushes. I know that sounds nuts but I was not the only one to feel it. One time I was sitting at the dining table beside the kitchen. There was a sliding glass door that led to a veranda. We were on the first floor. The blinds on the door were open. I saw a man walking a dog , but he was gliding and I did not see all of his legs. And he was walking.. gliding too close to the bushes where no one would have room to walk. It was terrifying. Then the next day my bf asked if I had seen the weird creepy dude with the dog... um yes...

Thank goodness there was someone else there to witness it so I wouldn't think I was cray.

That's the funny thing about Ghosts ... you don't really believe in them until you see one. Like you might guess that they exist but seeing one changes things for sure. When we moved into a haunted house the ghost made his first appearance in front of all our friends ... like we couldn't see him, but he slammed at door so hard that all of us wondered aloud what the fuck was that ? It happened about ten minutes after we moved the last box in. It was kind of cool ... Our dog used to lie across a particular bush in the yard ... just lay there, probably getting his head scratched by an invisible man. This ghost was active all the time ... he was a trickster, slammed doors ... moved things. The whole time we lived there all of my flowering house plants were in perpetual bloom and all others thrived. I seen him once. He was an older man. He was dusty and had work pants and work boots on. He looked like he worked in construction. He was sad about something. You could just tell ... he didn't come across as threatening at all. He was in the yard standing by the dogs favourite bush. It was weird because I went outside and sat down, lit a smoke, scanned the yard and as I drew my eyes back ... there he was where he wasn't a moment before ... i feel blessed that I got to see him.

When I worked in security, I went to check around the building. This was like 4am and NOBODY was there except me and the other guard. I went up to the 5th floor to do my checks. I walked into the women's room and NOBODY was there. Suddenly, it sounded like there was somebody in the stall peeing. So I was like "who's there?" and it stopped abruptly. IDK wtf was going on, but I got the fuck outta there.

IDK wtf was going on, but I got the fuck outta there.

You could move ... ??? When I seen the ghost in our yard ... I couldn't move ... I tried.

I was scared for a moment ... but over all I feel blessed that I seen him at all.

Some people will never see a ghost ... but I got a good radio. I'm tuned in.

Once when my oldest daughter was a preteen & shared a room with her younger sister, one night she awakened to what she thought was her sister crying on the floor near her bed. She has very bad vision, and her glasses were off.

So anywho, The little crying figure gets up, & walks into the corner behind the door. She calls to her, but she just continues crying...She thinks her little sis must be confused, maybe walking in her sleep. She gets up, puts on her "eyes" and walks over, to an empty corner. Lil sis is in fact, in her bed, fast asleep. :nailbiting: Scared her shitless.

Sounds more like paranoid than paranormal.

So what you're really saying is you got a shitty radio ... because its true ... some people will never see a ghost ... their radios don't work or otherwise their radios (and we all have one) don't pick up the frequency. And some of us are tuned in ... and we didn't ask to be either ... we just are. Sometimes is a gift and sometimes its a bane, but its never paranoia.
[doublepost=1503961275,1503959940][/doublepost]
There was something so weird about the kitchen.

There was something wrong with our whole house ... and it was perfect. The first time we looked at it ... I kept thinking that ... this house is perfect ... why am I reading a solid no about living here.

pleading the 5th, on both sides of my family had people that believe in other than mundane things and i've had experiences with them at times since a young age.

When i was in my early 30s
I woke up very happy that i just had a visit with a good friend i grew up with. I slowly realized that i was just waking and it was only a dream.
That morning i vowed to try and find her. We lost touch about 10 years earlier.

Keep in mind, this was before facebooook the internet, cell phones or even affordable long distance phone calls.. if you lived 30 miles from someone, a 5 minute phone call could be $5 so we mostly sent letters every month. Because we both happen to move at the same time, we lost touch with each other.

So i vowed to some how find her.
Typical busy life, i went to work the next several days and looking for her slipped my mind.

I used to get the news paper delivered. Working full time and raising kids left me little time to read daily. I would pile up the papers until i had a day off.
My next day off after that dream i put my papers in date order and started reading page by page.
As i was turning a page i saw my friends name listed in the obituaries.
The date of death was the very date of my dream.
:):( she came to me to say good bye.

That is my only explanation.
Prior to this, if someone started telling me a "supernatural story" i would just tell them i don't support that type of theory .

I have one more that happened after my dad died. I'll share it later.

weird stuff happens. Sometimes it is a coincidence and sometimes maybe something else. Some years ago I had a compulsion to call my mother. I HAD to call in the morning. It turned out she had been in a car accident that morning. She was injured, but otherwise going to be ok. It could have been worse. My urge to call was so urgent and panicky.

My bf calls my cousin, "Bruja" (witch, but a good one). She is very strange and kind. I had a health scare and almost died. She told me if I die before her to send butterflies and dimes. Very specific. I kind of laughed and said I'd try. She is 15 years older than I am. I recently tried to find her phone number again since I moved and everything got shuffled.. New phones and all that. I keep dreaming about her. I hope she is ok. Couldn't find the number.
[doublepost=1504038663,1504025292][/doublepost]to add... my cousin was estranged from my family bc my family is very judgmental. I can't ask them for a phone number bc they wont have it or wont give it to me. She has no facebook and does not even do email. I cant find her address. I'm afraid she is gone but I don't know. I am very far away. She was sweet to me.

Back