• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
1413379557433_wps_4_image001_png.jpg

A man and a woman are in critical condition Tuesday night after a pack of pit bulls came to their Modesto home and mauled the pair, officials said.

[...]

Two of the animals were shot to death in the Modesto couple's backyard, according to a news release from Sheriff Adam Christianson, of the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department.

The situation started about 5:45 p.m.,

[...].

When deputies arrived at the home, they found three pit bulls attacking an elderly man in the victim's backyard, with a fourth pit bull circling the mauling, the sheriff said.

That's when deputies shot and killed the first two dogs. The other two pit bulls ran to a nearby yard, apparently spooked by the gunfire.

[....]

She was suffering from multiple traumatic bite wounds, officials said.

Paramedics rushed the couple to a hospital. The Sheriff’s Department is not releasing their names.

"It’s incredible for four dogs to attack a human being," Christianson said.

[...]

"The dogs were acting in a vicious manner and posed a credible threat to the community," Christianson said. "Both were vicious, aggressive and charged (at) the deputies."

Officials shot those dogs to death as well.

Detectives are working to find witnesses, gather possible evidence and work with Stanislaus County Animal Services to determine if these particular pit bulls have any history of biting humans or any other vicious behavior.

[...]

"I stayed clear of them because I knew they were bad news," Vaughn said.

The Sheriff's Department also will investigate whether the dogs were micro-chipped.

[...]
http://www.kcra.com/news/group-of-pit-bulls-mauls-elderly-couple-in-modesto/29134148

Bah. The dogs weren't evil. I blame the owners who MADE them aggressive.

I don't doubt that some pits are good, but after reading (and loving!) all of Morbid's pitbull FP stories I think the title is fitting.

I don't care I don't trust them. If I saw one on the street...with 3 of its friends I would have no clue if their owners had raised them well or aggressively.

dogs are pack animals and nothing is worse than when feral dogs around here pack. They will kill to kill [bloodlust it does exist] and once they have started won't stop. These dogs obviously had already started behaving like that. Yeah, I blame their owner but there is genetics involved in this to as well as physical attributes. My friend had gone over to someones house with another person she knew [years ago in Calif] and somehow managers to grab and run with a almost new born pit puppie to save it [they were being bred to fight] We had to bottle feed it it's eyes were still blue and it fit in your hands. It was raised with lots of attention and love and cats. The older it got the rougher it got with the cats but not hurting them. It was crazy about her and me [auntie] but started to get very protective of her and me when I was around. She was driving by where I was outside a store I worked and saw me verbally fighting with a guy and just about busted out her window in her truck. Another time a customer got kinda funny with me and the dog was ready to lunge at him. He got so aggressive she had to give him away.

The Sheriff's Department also will investigate whether the dogs were micro-chipped.
I'm reading this to mean that they don't know who owns the dogs? That's scary, 4 pit bulls, who were clearly aggressive for whatever reason, and they don't know where they came from?

Genetics are not a factor with aggression. I know Golden Retrievers raised lovingly that will rip your throat out if you threaten it's owner. That's behavioral. NOT genetic.

Any animal has a tendency to snap at any time. I prefer not to have any large dogs, no matter what the breed. I have a small child and i don't like him around large animals. But that's just me and my opinion. A pack of Rottweilers could have done the same shit.

Any animal has a tendency to snap at any time. I prefer not to have any large dogs, no matter what the breed. I have a small child and i don't like him around large animals. But that's just me and my opinion. A pack of Rottweilers could have done the same shit.
Once again I agree with you!
I don't like big dogs in general. I don't know how they were raised and if I would lose in a fight to it, then I keep my distance.

Once again I agree with you!
I don't like big dogs in general. I don't know how they were raised and if I would lose in a fight to it, then I keep my distance.
If ever in a fight with a big ravenous dog you must first sweep the leg...

This was me being silly just so you know lmao dont sweep the leg, poke the eyes like pj said.. hahaha

Last edited:
If you can do it, you shove your fist as far down their throat as possible. A tip that was given to me once by a Rottie breeder.

Any dog can attack but most news stories are about pit bulls

Any dog can attack but most news stories are about pit bulls
Just because they want people to believe they are the most vicious. It's because people fight them and mistreat them. They do not want anyone to want one. But honestly, statistics dont lie
Sorry, its from left to right, attacks doing body harm, child victims, adult victims, deaths, maimings, and % of dogs.

2014-10-15-11-15-34_zpsl8h8qtcn.png

Last edited:
Any pack of dogs freewheeling it in the neighborhood, whether its pits or a hodgepodge of breeds, is enough to give me the willies. One dog in that group, misreads a humans body language and attacks, well, they are all going to jump in.
My friend has pits. They are sweet, loving dogs. Raised with a cat. Got along with that cat.When he was on vaca, he gets a call. His person that feeds and checks on the pets had called him. Apparently, the pits ripped apart the cat. There was no reason for it. They slept with that kitty and played with him. No one knows why this happened, and the dogs, well, they still have that sweet disposition when you meet them. Its a dark side that you don't know about.
Plus, I think the fatal wounds a pit gives, is because of its jaw strength. Its incredible. That's the difference.

In the 80's it was Doberman attacks that were always on the news, the 90's saw Rottie attacks, the 2000's get Pits.

I'm scared to death of pit bulls, I adore Rotties but honestly, only one dog breed will get me to run in utter terror and, no lie, it's a fucking poodle. I can pet a Pit if the owner assures me it's okay, I'm enough of a dumbass that I usually walk right up to Rotties but Poodles, I cannot go near, I am absolutely petrified.

Anyway, my point is, every decade has seen a different "target" breed.

True @Krystal....I remember my little sister being stalked and her back ripped apart by a Dobie. This was in the 70s. My dad shot the fucking thing in our yard. After that, I was hyper aware, and it seemed Dobies were a thing to be afraid of. Until the 90s, I never had a pit bull on my radar.
And as for the little poodle dog thing, my girl had her face bitten at age 3 by a poodle mix. She still has the scars.

And as for the little poodle dog thing, my girl had her face bitten at age 3 by a poodle mix. She still has the scars.
:( <-- the scars, very sad, I hate reading about things like that on girls because other girls can be so rotten:(

My grandmother had one of those God awful, spoiled poodles, bit every single one of us grandkids. I swaer we had a party the day that miserable fuck died, the dog, not my grandmother.

Oh, no worries. The scars have minimized over the years. Its been 26 now. Shes a beauty, so it just added to her allure.
But I hated that little dog too.

Just because they want people to believe they are the most vicious. It's because people fight them and mistreat them. They do not want anyone to want one. But honestly, statistics dont lie
Sorry, its from left to right, attacks doing body harm, child victims, adult victims, deaths, maimings, and % of dogs.

2014-10-15-11-15-34_zpsl8h8qtcn.png
Number of attacks don't tell the whole story, it's the percentage that counts you probably have 100 shepherd or labs to one pit
yet you have more pit attacks, although some irresponsible reporters call anything that bites a pit

I have a half pit/half cocker spaniel that gets highly offended when you offer him a chew toy lol.

He won't even play tug of war. :shifty:

And my grandma was soooooo worried about me keeping him. Lol.

I too have had worse luck with small dogs than large ones. My in-laws have a chihuahua and a dachsund, and man those dogs have complexes lol. My dog is an ASPCA mutt, which they called "Sheppard/Lab" mix. I'm pretty sure if she attacked someone, she would be considered a "pit bull".

P_20140402_171349_1.jpg

In the 80's it was Doberman attacks that were always on the news, the 90's saw Rottie attacks, the 2000's get Pits.

I'm scared to death of pit bulls, I adore Rotties but honestly, only one dog breed will get me to run in utter terror and, no lie, it's a fucking poodle. I can pet a Pit if the owner assures me it's okay, I'm enough of a dumbass that I usually walk right up to Rotties but Poodles, I cannot go near, I am absolutely petrified.

Anyway, my point is, every decade has seen a different "target" breed.
the difference is the physical makeup then the genes then the way they are raised. The have stronger jaw muscles bred originally from English bull dogs meant to grab a bull by the snout. The there are all these lowlife screw ups that breed them to fight using fighting dogs and the biggest and worse and in some cases goin as far as giving the puppies blood and even gun powder [that makes them more viscous and crazy] these people are the ones that should be put down imo

Number of attacks don't tell the whole story, it's the percentage that counts you probably have 100 shepherd or labs to one pit
yet you have more pit attacks, although some irresponsible reporters call anything that bites a pit
You're in CA, correct? You're joking, right? The population of Pits and Pit mixes out here outweighs any other breed lol.

You're in CA, correct? You're joking, right? The population of Pits and Pit mixes out here outweighs any other breed lol.
maybe in your neighborhood
and I never mentioned state, just general dog population
1. German Shepherd (No. 2 most popular AKC registered breed)

2. Labrador Retriever No.1 most popular AKC registered breed)

3. Chow Chow (No. 63 most popular AKC registered breed)

4. Boxer (No. 6 most popular AKC registered breed)

5. Rottweiler (No.13 most popular AKC registered breed)

6. Poodle (No.9 most popular AKC registered breed)

7. American Staffordshire Terrier (No. 70 most popular AKC registered breed)

8. Golden Retriever (No. 4 most popular AKC registered breed)

9. Cocker Spaniel (No. 23 most popular AKC registered breed)

10. Siberian Husky (No. 22 most popular AKC registered breed)

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/canine-corner/201106/national-census-mixed-breed-dogs
1. German shepherd (the second most popular AKC-registered breed)

2. Labrador retriever (most popular AKC breed)

3. Chow chow (63rd most popular AKC breed)

4. Boxer (sixth most popular AKC breed)

5. Rottweiler (13th most popular AKC breed)

6. Poodle (ninth most popular AKC breed)

7. American Staffordshire terrier (70th most popular AKC breed)

8. Golden retriever (fourth most popular AKC breed)

9. Cocker spaniel (23rd most popular AKC breed)

10. Siberian husky (22nd most popular AKC breed)

http://www.today.com/id/42380422/ns...s-reveals-strong-dog-dna-trends/#.VD7DVL_bCgE

Which Dog Breeds Make Up the Most Popular Mutt?
reedMixed Breed PopularityAKC Popularity
German Shepherd#1#2
Labrador Retriever#2#1
Chow Chow#3#63
Boxer#4#6
Rottweiler#5#13
Poodle#6#9
American Staffordshire Terrier#7#70
Golden Retriever#8#4
Cocker Spaniel#9#23
Siberian Husky#10#22

http://thehydrantblog.com/2012/02/12/which-dog-breeds-make-up-the-most-popular-mutt/

Surprisingly this report was done based on animal control officers and their expertise. It only covers animals that can be clearly indentified. Also, the percentage which was .033 is higher than any dog on the list. Even rotts. At the bottom here it explains that even if cut in half or split 3 ways, pitbulls attacks would still outnumber any other dog attacks.

Screenshot_2014-10-15-13-52-58-1_zpsmpok5spg.png

Back