• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-w...-otis-dog-texas-food-mouth-viral-11990775.php
dog that accidentally got loose Friday night during Hurricane Harvey has become an unlikely symbol of Texas strength.

Otis, a German shepherd mix, got loose Friday night from a screened-in back porch in Sinton, Texas, while in the care of Salvador Segovia, 65. Segovia was watching the dog, who belongs to his 5-year-old grandson Carter who had fled the city due to flooding.
[...]
I kept yelling his name and yelling his name and he wasn't around," Segovia told Chron.com Saturday afternoon.

Segovia checked his porch Saturday morning and noticed Otis' bag of dog food was missing. Segovia drove around his neighborhood looking for the pooch when he was flagged down by a neighbor who said they saw Otis walking around with the bag of food in his mouth.

Fellow neighbor Tiele Dockens also saw Otis and snapped a photo of him with his food that went viral. [...]

"We are a population of about 6,000," Dockens told Weather.com. "We were out today clearing tree limbs from streets. Families are already starting to clean up. Our town is still out of water and power. I was driving around checking on family and friends' properties that decided to evacuate."

Segovia was able to track down Otis and bring him home before his grandson returned.

Otis is an all around special dog, Segovia said. He's been instrumental in helping comfort Carter following numerous hospital visits for seizures and asthma. Otis is also a local celebrity.

"Otis can go to Dairy Queen and he can get a hamburger. He's the only dog allowed to lie down in front of the county court house," Segovia said. "He also goes to H.E.B. He's not a stray. He's a good dog."
Photo available at the lunk.

Last edited:
Smart puppy, they oughta make him honorary mayor since a good mayor's gotta keep his constituents happy and fed.

Mayor Otis, I think it sounds good.

You cant post the fucking picture in the thread itself? I gotta click a god damned link? Fuck off.

The link sucks btw, pic is fucking tiny.
[doublepost=1503819494,1503818985][/doublepost]I do commend you for not posting the link that contains the braindead, obnoxious, baseless quote from some hick asshole about how it must be a texan dog since it doesnt need any help from anyone to survive. Fucking BARF! Texans are inept fucktards.

You cant post the fucking picture in the thread itself? I gotta click a god damned link? Fuck off.

The link sucks btw, pic is fucking tiny.
[doublepost=1503819494,1503818985][/doublepost]I do commend you for not posting the link that contains the braindead, obnoxious, baseless quote from some hick asshole about how it must be a texan dog since it doesnt need any help from anyone to survive. Fucking BARF! Texans are inept fucktards.
You could copy the picture to your device then make it as large as you want it, put it on a host site and upload it here. You could. Nothing stopping you... except you.
:finger:

A clever canine captured the attention of the internet in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.

A viral picture shows Otis carrying a bag of dog food down the street in Sinton after the storm blew through.

But the photo doesn't tell the whole picture.

Turns out Otis, admired for his apparent resourcefulness, is a looter.

His family says the dog bolted during the storm, heading for a lumber yard, one he frequents in his travels around town.

And one which just so happens to have a bag of dog food employees keep on hand, just for Otis.

"But he knew where they kept that bag behind the ice machine, so he went back there and he spotted it and he said, 'well, everybody else is taking provisions, so I'm going to take my provisions.' So he picked it up and brought it over here," said Salvador Segovia, Otis' owner. "And that's where everyone saw him coming down the road with a big bag of dog food."

www.gomn_.comdogharvey-a5a17eb8835dc0869210502c4916fc75b629be94.jpg

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/weird/The-Story-Behind-the-Viral-Dog-Photo-442039353.html
Dog-Otis-and-his-owner-final.jpg

Back