• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
x5b3w6.jpg

Veronica Dunnachie​
[...]
Arlington Open Carry activist is charged with shooting and killing her husband and stepdaughter, then checking herself into a mental hospital.
According to a newly released search warrant,
[...]
shot her husband Russ and his adult daughter Kimberly Wednesday afternoon inside their home
[..]
She then called a friend who convinced her to drive to Millwood Mental Health Facility
[... ]
That’s where police took her into custody.

Dunnachie’s Facebook page is loaded with photos of her armed at Open Carry events.
http://cw33.com/2014/12/10/two-found-dead-in-arlington-home/
her fb
ra174i.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/VeroDunn?fref=browse_search

A statement on her FACEBOOK page said "Removing some people out of your life makes room for better people". I find that soooo IRONIC! She's removed these two people from her life but she gets to replace them with couple thousand of inmates, guards, prison staff, attorneys, psychiatrist, etc. I wonder if she still thinks it was a good idea. Why couldn't she have taken her frustrations out on a couple POS's that deserved it and left the innocent ones alone?

Please note that this chick is not representative of the gun owning and carrying community as a whole. The vast majority of gun owners and permitted carriers are not evil murderers.

I hate when someone does something like this and their name was previously attached to gun rights because some people tend to think once they read one of these stories that ALL gun owners are this fucking evil, we're not.

Ugh, just a pet peeve of mine, I guess.

Last edited:
Haha, we've all been there! I just liked that in the post where you were arguing that not all gun carriers are murderers, it came out the opposite. :D

I don't believe in a god, but I'm starting to believe in a trickster figure who loves to put little slip ups like that in there because it's funny ;)

I'm going with TGIF for today, yep, thank God it's Friday clearly I need the weekend.

I get a red, swiggly line under misspelled words maybe my computer can put a different color line under the sentence when I do something stupid like that?;)

She looks like an unpleasant person. Definitely not the kind of person you want advocating open carry thats for sure.

348htub.jpg

Veronica Dunnachie allegedly killed her estranged husband Russ (pictured) and her stepdaughter before driving herself to a mental hospital.​
[...]
shooting to death her estranged husband and his adult daughter before driving to a mental health hospital, police said.
[....]
was in the process of getting a divorce, had been ordered to move out of the couple's Arlington, Texas, home by the end of the month
[...]
Dunnachie sent two children to school and a third to a baby sitter before returning home and allegedly killing Russ Dunnachie, 50, and Kimberly Dunnachie, 20,
[...]
Police have charged her with murder.
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ills-estranged-husband-cops-article-1.2042769

Why couldn't she have taken her frustrations out on a couple POS's that deserved it and left the innocent ones alone?

Strictly speaking, who gets to decide who is deserving of being taken out like this? I wouldn't be comfortable choosing "POS's" for her......

Why couldn't she have taken her frustrations out on a couple POS's that deserved it and left the innocent ones alone?

I doubt she was taking her frustrations out. I think she deliberately targeted the people she wanted to get rid of. I also think she believed the grumblings people make all the time about killers getting off on insanity pleas and thought she could guarantee herself one by checking into the mental health ward. If she was a little smarter, she would have read the statistics on that one and found out that she'd have a better chance of finding the gold at the end of the rainbow than of walking free on an insanity defense.

She posted (possible) remarks on Facebook, waited until she'd removed three kids/witnesses from the house, promptly alerted a friend to what she'd done and followed said friend's* instructions.

Prosecutor's gonna tear an insanity defense to shreds.

*Anyone want to bet the friend is a lawyer?

Her defense will probably consist of "only an insane person would think this pathetic attempt to pull off an insanity defense would work, so I must be insane!"

Let's hope this advanced double bluff is not too advanced for the jury. :angelic:

American juries have a hard time buying any insanity plea, even one where the person obviously had no idea what they were doing and couldn't help themselves. I don't think this woman has a prayer.

I'm thinking the friend she told talked her into going to the hospital because she knew they wouldn't let her leave, and would get the police involved there. I'm trying to put myself in the friends shoes, and since it would be much harder to talk the killer into going to the police, she might have come at it from the angle of pretending to be on the killers side. Suggested she'd be safer in hospital, saying whatever the woman needed to hear to get her to give herself up there.

We don't know what the killer was saying, where she was when she was on the phone, what she was threatening to do next. I'm willing to give the friend the benefit of the doubt until we know more. I don't know what I'd do if someone I knew called me and said they'd killed two people... but if they wouldn't give themselves up to the police, getting them to go to the hospital would be the next best thing.

There are much better ways to remove people from one's life. And it's sad such a vocal advocate of gun ownership pulled this shit. Why people murder instead of divorce is beyond me.

There are much better ways to remove people from one's life. And it's sad such a vocal advocate of gun ownership pulled this shit. Why people murder instead of divorce is beyond me.

Well, it's not entirely beyond me anymore... but most folks have more self-control than that. And fewer available weapons.

Musta been that Albanian dumpster tweak.

Not googling... Not googling... Not googling...

I'm not saying it was okay for her to murder her ex husband, but I can at least understand her motivation. But her stepdaughter? That's especially awful.

From 2016:
Arlington woman gets life in fatal shooting of husband, daughter

FORT WORTH

An Arlington woman who shot and killed her husband and his 20-year-old daughter was sentenced to life in prison without parole on Friday.

Veronica Dunnachie, 36, was arrested in December 2014 in the deaths of Russ Dunnachie, 50, and Kimberly Dunnachie. They were found in Russ Dunnachie’s home in the 2500 block of Edinburgh Street in Arlington by patrol officers who were making a welfare check, according to court records.
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article60089991.html

"shooting to death her estranged husband and his adult daughter before driving to a mental health hospital, police said."

Had those two backwards. She Should have drove her ass there FIRST!

1) she looks like steven tyler
2)she has a receding hairline
3) steroids?
[doublepost=1507066934,1507066881][/doublepost]Ok..maybe more of male pattern baldness

Latest posts

Back