• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
Story courtesy of @Keepalowprofile :
An Ohio police dog will be laid to rest as a hero after being fatally shot while responding to a burglary early Saturday morning, authorities said.

The body of Jethro, a K-9 with the Canton Police Department, was seen being saluted as he was carried out of an animal hospital and into an awaiting vehicle Sunday evening, according to a video released by the Police K-9 Association.

The nonprofit group, which assists K-9 programs, previously posted a photo of what appears to be Jethro’s body beneath an American flag.

The canine, who was shot four times, was pronounced dead Sunday morning, his department announced.

Continued: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...out_5692c49ee4b0cad15e653661?utm_hp_ref=crime

I was wet-eyed, too. Hits home. :bigtears: RIP Ofcr. Jethro, Ofcr. Ali (Sgt.), Ofcr. Ki (kye), Ofcr. Murphy, Ofcr. Duffy (female), Ofcr. Bill (female - AKC Basset Hound, cadaver dog), and all the other K9 officers fallen in the line of duty, or who've passed away after retirement. *salute*

If a vicious police K-9 comes after me, i'd shoot too. A person would have to be out of their fucking minds to stupidly comply to an officers commands while his beast goes after you. The dog doesn't understand "compliance", the dog will bite and tear and attack until the cop pulls it off, if they decide to. Fuck that.

I have no sympathy for downed K-9s.

Just for you, @JackBurton :

Where I work, we did a TV program on K9 training.

My friend Stan edits the program. I made the CGI dirigible you see in the beginning. I do more work for the program you don't see in this particular clip.

Shooter of Canton K-9 Jethro gets 45 years in prison

The man who sparked national outrage when he shot and killed a Canton police dog during a burglary in January was sentenced Wednesday to 45 years in prison.

Kelontre D. Barefield, 23, pleaded guilty to a list of charges stemming from multiple court cases on Wednesday. Specific to K-9 Jethro’s death, Barefield was sentenced to six years — the maximum allowed by state law.

http://www.ohio.com/news/local/shooter-of-canton-k-9-jethro-gets-45-years-in-prison-1.707019

Back