• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
10n97rt.jpg

Langley Bruce is shown with his mother, Weesie McGowan, in this old family photo. Bruce, 55, was shot to death Tuesday by his son Anthony Guyton, 37, after they went out for the night in Queens​
An old family drama bubbled up when a Queens man and his father celebrated the son’s birthday Tuesday and culminated in the son shooting the father dead
[...]
They just got into an argument over old stuff,” said Weesie McGowan, 76, mother of victim Langley Bruce, 55, and grandmother to accused killer Anthony Guyton, 37. “He [Bruce] got back in the car, and Anthony came up and shot him in the heart.”
Cops assigned to an anti-crime unit were cruising by in an unmarked car when they heard a single gunshot about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday and raced to the scene. When they arrived outside of Guyton’s home near 143rd St. and 119th Ave. in South Jamaica, a 9-mm. Hi-Point pistol was still in his hand,
[...]
Bruce, of St. Albans, was shot while behind the wheel of his 2013 Chevrolet Impala. He died at Jamaica Hospital.

“I’m in shock,” said the victim’s widow, Alma Bruce. “They didn’t have any problems that I knew of.”

“He was the most wonderful person,” she said
[...]
“Everybody loved Langley.”

Guyton was arrested without incident, police said. He was charged with murder and criminal possession of a firearm.
The son confessed to the killing after being taken into custody, cops said, but did not explain his motive. There was no history of domestic incidents between the pair
[...]
“He was a very likable person,” McGowan said of her slain son. “Anybody you talk to will tell you he was respectable, loving, kind, generous.”

Bruce spoke frequently of his younger son, Darrell, relatives said, but never mentioned Guyton, who has three prior arrests, two for drugs in 1990 and one that is sealed.

“I never heard him talk about that son,” said Bishop McGowan, 75
[...]
“The whole family is so broken up about this. Everybody’s hurt. We’re all hurting.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/queens-man-guns-father-cops-article-1.1909892
14b4vpd.jpg

Anthony Guyton was holding a 9-mm. Hi-Point pistol when officers arrived outside his home. They had been on patrol in the vicinity of Guyton's South Jamaica home, heard the gunshot, and raced to its source.
A Queens man celebrating his birthday ended the party by shooting and killing his own father,
[..]
Langley Bruce, 55, joined a celebration at his son Anthony Guyton’s house Tuesday night, but began arguing with the birthday boy.
[...]
As his dad got into his car to leave at about 10:30 p.m., his 37-year-old son whipped out a semi-automatic Hi-Point 9mm gun and pumped a bullet into his chest.

“He and Anthony got into some talking. There was some argument,” Bruce’s stepfather, Gladstone McGowan told
[...]
“While (Bruce) is in the car about to go away, his son came. I believe the son had some feeling against him from long ago.”

Patrol officers who happened to be a block away heard the shot
[...]
They then saw Guyton hovering over his old man’s Chevy Impala while putting another bullet into the chamber of his gun.
[...]
he promptly dropped the weapon and raised his arms. He also admitted to the shooting, law enforcement sources said.
[...]
police pulled the father from the driver’s seat. They placed him on the ground and performed CPR, but the single shot to his chest penetrated his heart. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Jamaica Hospital.

Exactly why Guyton killed his dad remains unclear. He’d previously been arrested eight times for charges including criminal use of a firearm after he fired three shots into another vehicle in 2004. But police said that while the father and son had been feuding in recent times, it never resulted in any arrest or calls to the house.
[...]
On Wednesday afternoon, glass from the shattered window still littered the intersection. Nearby in his townhouse apartment, Guyton’s mother, sister and brother refused to comment.

Bruce, a laborer, lived with his wife, Alma, in St. Albans Queens and also has a 17 year old son Darrell.

At the home, Bruce’s stepdad said the family is heartbroken.

“”Langley is a piece of me,” McGowan said,
[...]
“She’s in shock,” McGowan added of Bruce ‘s wife. “I can’t believe this. I can’t believe this.”
[....]
is charged with second-degree murder and two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, faces up to 25 years to life in prison. He is due to be arraigned later Wednesday in Queens criminal court.

“The defendant is accused of patricide, taking the life of his own father,” Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown said. “The alleged actions of the defendant are totally incomprehensible.”
http://nypost.com/2014/08/20/party-ends-with-birthday-boy-blowing-away-his-dad-cops-say/

Shot to the heart and your to blame. You give love a bad name!
Sorry I just could not resist. Could not. Goddamn you Bon Jovi.

Drinks and old family drama do not mix I guess! I can't even imagine where it all went to shit! Go out to celebrate your birthday, and then a handful of hours later shoot your Dad! Jeebuz...

Back