• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26432...n-kaufman-county-slayings-had-targeted-others
Authorities say the man charged in the deaths last year of two North Texas prosecutors had intended to kill other law enforcement officials.

Court documents filed Tuesday contend former Justice of the Peace Eric Williams sought to kill Kaufman County District Attorney Erleigh Norville Wiley, who was previously a judge in Kaufman County.

Records also allege Williams had targeted former district court Judge Glen Ashworth. They do not indicate why Wiley and Ashworth were marked.
[....]
Sources tell FOX 4 that while she was judge, Wiley stopped some of the money that Williams was making as guardian ad litem in a number of CPS child custody cases in Kaufman County.

Williams faces capital murder charges in the shooting deaths of District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife Cynthia. He's also accused of killing Kaufman County prosecutor Mark Hasse.

Some of the other allegations that are detailed in the court documents include an aggravated assault and an attempted kidnapping back in 1995.

The documents also say that on March 20, 2013, Williams impersonated a police officer. That's the date that the McLellands were killed in their home.
[....]
“If these allegations are true, this man is unique,” said longtime criminal defense attorney Barry Sorrels.

“He's obviously alleged to have committed capital murder; now we're alleging he's out planning to commit other murders of elected officials,” said former Judge John Creuzot.

Sorrels suspects that Williams' defense attorneys will fight to keep the allegations from ever being in front of a jury.
[....]
Authorities believe Williams bore a grudge against McLelland and Hasse for successfully prosecuting him for stealing three county-owned computer monitors. That conviction cost Williams his law license.

This is a big deal down here, and I'm surprised that I didn't find something already posted. I had expected to post this as a follow-up. His wife was also arrested as an accomplice. She has now filed for divorce and turned states evidence apparently.

Here's an article from last year:
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/22704653/ex-kaufman-jp-eric-williams-and-wife-indicted-for-capit

I could've sworn it already was. Maybe I just remember it from watching the news all the time when it happened. Everyone was scared for all the prosecutors during that time and there was heightened security at all courthouses till he was caught.

Disgraced justice of the peace faces death penalty as 'treasure trove of evidence links him to three fatal shootings' on day one of murder trial
  • Eric Williams, 46, was charged with killing DA Mike McLelland and his wife Cynthia, and ADA Mark Hasse
  • Authorities reportedly zeroed in on Williams after emails sent to other county officials were linked to him
  • Detectives found 20 weapons and a car linked to a crime scene inside Williams' storage facility
  • Williams had been convicted of theft by McLelland and Hasse two years previous
  • Williams' estranged wife, Kim, is accused of helping him carry out the slayings and is expected to testify against him
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-Texas-prosecutors-deaths.html#ixzz3KiHMSUKm

Former Texas official found guilty in murder of two prosecutors in revenge plot
Eric Williams, a former justice of the peace, was found guilty on Thursday of shooting dead a prosecutor, his wife and a top aid for obtaining a theft conviction that cost Williams his job and law license. Prosecutors said Williams, armed with an AR-15, was 'a ruthless killing machine' when he gunned down his victims on March 30, 2013.
2j4bsao.jpg

A jury convicted Eric Williams, a former public official, of capital murder in a revenge plot against a district attorney, his wife and a top assistant.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/texas-official-guilty-murdering-prosecutors-article-1.2033870

Convicted murderer Eric Williams waiting to hear if he will be sentenced to death
Convicted murderer Eric Williams is watching closely as jurors listen to the last bits of testimony before deciding his punishment.
[....]
was found guilty of Capital Murder Thursday in the death of Cynthia McLelland. He is also charged with killing Cynthia's husband, Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland, and assistant prosecutor Mark Hasse.
[...]
spent Tuesday hearing all about specific pieces of evidence recovered after the three murders. They also got a good look at some of the evidence during this second day of Williams' punishment trial.
[...]
A firearms analyst was one of the first people to testify. He talked about the bullets found after Mark Hasse's death.
[....]
led to a discussion about a gun found at the bottom of Lake Tawakoni.

"I was able to determine all three of those previously identified bullets to each other were fired from this submitted Ruger revolver,"
[....]
He believes the Ruger gun was used to kill Mark Hasse. Jurors also watched as several racks filled with guns were brought in as part of the trial. They listened as investigators explained each one and where they were found.
[....]
defense attorney objected to the massive display, but the judge overruled his objection and testimony continued.

Investigators say the weapons were found in a storage unit Williams was renting in Seagoville
[...]
Williams' two charges include killing Cynthia McLelland while committing a burglary and killing another person, her husband.
[...]
charges together mean the jury can sentence Eric Williams to death.

His wife faces three capital murder charges for her involvement in the killings. Her trial has yet to begin.
http://www.kltv.com/story/27589362/...ting-to-hear-if-he-will-be-sentenced-to-death

Judge's wife tells court how she felt 'joyous' after helping him kill DA, his wife, and a senior prosecutor' who ruined his career
  • Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Eric Williams who was found guilty earlier this month in the shooting death of Cynthia McLelland
  • Eric Williams' estranged wife Kim Williams said she was a 'willing participant' in her husband's revenge killings
  • Williams is charged, but has not been tried, in the deaths of Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and prosecutor Mark Hasse
  • Kim Williams' testimony says she drove the getaway car in Hasse's slaying and helped to dispose of the weapons used to kill the McLellands
  • Prosecutors say Eric Williams killed the three in a revenge plot after Hasse and McLelland prosecuted him for the theft of county equipment
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dge-fatally-shot-3-revenge.html#ixzz3M8W5W2vG

Jury has decided on the death penalty. Just received push notice from WFAA so no link yet. Not at all surprising.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2014/12/17/eric-williams-kaufman-county-murders/20525633/

ROCKWALL -- Eric Williams has been sentenced to death for the 2013 Easter weekend killings of the District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife.

Jurors deliberated for about two hours and 40 minutes before being sent home Tuesday night. They resumed deliberations Wednesday morning and gave their verdict just before 9:30 a.m.

Judge Mike Snipes compared Williams to serial killers Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer.

Talk about a couple of self entitled psychopaths! I bet he'd bludgeon his mom to death with a hammer for a dollar and his wife would clean up the evidence and be his alibi.

Kim Williams To Plead Guilty In Texas DA Murder Case
The estranged wife of a former justice of the peace
[...]
is expected to plead guilty to murder in connection with the 2013 slayings of a district attorney, his wife and a top prosecutor.
Kim Williams is charged with three counts of capital murder, but it's unclear if she will plead guilty to all three indictments

[...]
Prosecutor Toby Shook said a tentative plea deal has been reached but specifics won't be disclosed until the agreement is signed. Defense attorney Paul Johnson declined to comment on the agreement.

[...]
Prosecutors say the deaths were retribution after Hasse and McLelland prosecuted Williams for the theft of county equipment. He lost his job and law license as a result.
[...]
prosecutors presented evidence that he paid a friend to rent a storage unit where he kept more than 30 guns, police tactical gear and a getaway car.

A "masked assassin," whom prosecutors identified as Williams, approached Hasse as he walked to work and the two shoved each other. They said Hasse pleaded and yelled "I'm sorry" before he was repeatedly shot.

Two months later, Williams stormed into the McLellands' rural home and shot both the district attorney and his wife more than a dozen times each
[...]
During the punishment phase, Kim Williams testified for more than two hours about her role in the plot, saying she was a "willing participant" in her husband's revenge killings.
"His anger was my anger,.

[...]
Her testimony indicated she drove the getaway car in Hasse's slaying and helped to dispose of the weapons used to kill the McLellands at their home east of Dallas.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/29/kim-williams-_n_6389844.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/27729267/wife-of-kaufman-murderer-pleads-guilty-gets-40-years

Kim Williams, the estranged wife of convicted killer Eric Williams, pleaded guilty on Tuesday and was sentenced to 40 years in prison.

Kim Williams' attorney and prosecutors worked out a plea agreement for the three counts of capital murder for which she had been charged.

The ex-wife was involved in the 2013 murders of Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland, his wife Cynthia McLelland and prosecutor Mark Hasse, but Eric Williams was the gunman in all of the shootings.

Wow. Speak of evil. I don't believe for a second that his wife is just now trying to do the right thing. I believe she is as evil as he is whether she shot anyone or not. In the article I just read, she claimed she did not get any advantage legally for her testimony against her husband. I call it BS.

I can imagine these two thinking they are so much better than everyone else and above the law. They probably were the neighbors that everyone dreaded seeing and having to deal with. They apparently had to have their way on everything because if they didn't they would kill you! Their previous neighbors are probably relieved to be done with them even if it meant the only way to get rid of them was for them to go to prison! I can hear the gossiping now, "I always knew something was wrong with them. They acted like they were always better than everyone else"!

Yes, his grandiose sense of entitlement was behind these murders. How dare they prosecute him for stealing causing him to lose his law license.

http://www.fox4news.com/story/27784611/eric-williams-attorneys-want-his-brain-tested

Eric Williams’ attorneys want his brain tested

(This idiot attorneys should just refer to my post above or maybe have their own heads examined.)

The man sent to death row for the Kaufman County District Attorney murders is trying to get medical testing for fainting spells.
[....]
asking the court for permission to move him to the University of Texas Branch in Galveston for brain testing.
They claim he had repeated fainting and falling spells brought on by diabetes that affected his judgment before the murders.

The attorneys argue the judge rejected repeated requests for Williams to be tested before his trial and that affected how they prepared his defense for the punishment phase.
[....]

Back