• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://dallas.eater.com/2016/5/24/1...s-incite-nasty-brawl-at-truck-yard?yptr=yahoo
Generally, dog-friendly patios don’t cause too much controversy. Outside of a few spilled water bowls or a rowdy customer or two, the experience tends to be pretty tame. Over the weekend, though, Lower Greenville's most popular patio was the setting for a nasty brawl that ultimately involved both dogs and owners.

The Lakewood Advocate reports that the scuffle went down on Sunday at Truck Yard, when two pit bulls entered the restaurant’s outdoor patio without collars or leashes. One of the dogs attacked a golden retriever that was also on the patio, which forced a Truck Yard bouncer to intervene and separate the dogs, one of whom had to be subdued for more than half an hour until authorities came to place it in quarantine.

The situation escalated as the aggressive dog’s owner was handcuffed and cited for the incident. "The situation was handled quickly and professionally with very minor scratches to the other dog involved, and I only have a few scuffs from the gravel," says the bouncer. "People don’t need to be afraid to come to the Truck Yard; this wasn’t a big deal. Just a reminder we have the doggie rules for a reason,safety."
[....]
the incident could have been avoided if the dog’s owner had followed existing rules.

No need for a rules change; just bar that patron from returning.

What is a dog patio...Really. Like you can sit down and have a meal and a drink with your dog?

I think that would suck...our dogs would hate it. When we eat we say things like .... go lay down

some place...or Go...or stop looking at me like that....or you're the dog you eat last. then Ignore

button...ignore button...yeah we have ignore buttons at home to...yes we do.

Who the hell brings two un-collared, un-leashed PIT BULLS to a dog patio? That to me is stupidity personified! :fish:

Trash. Insecure trash.

The minority of classy people who own pits go out of their way to make sure their dogs are well-trained and accessorized properly, because they want to drag the poor breed's name out of the mud.

People like this asshole are the reason the breed's name is in the mud to begin with. :shifty:

Taking your dogs out to dinner with you is stupid.
Taking your dogs out to dinner without a leash... ignorant.
Taking an aggressive breed dog out to dinner without a leash... Neanderthal.

What is a dog patio...Really.

I tried in vain to post the photo that accompanies the article, but it's in a format that my computer dislikes. It's an interesting looking place that fits in well with the unique local eateries and bars that characterize Lower Greenville Avenue.

Okay, I finally came to my senses and searched for photos of The Truck Yard and hit pay dirt.
serveimage%206_zps7qfebmdu.jpg

serveimage%207_zpsebdscj9l.jpg

Last edited:
I find it is harder and harder to not think every pit bull on earth could kill you at the drop of a hat and I have NEVER seen a misbehaving one in person it is stories like these. It seems to be the same in every story. Can we get a gosh darn poodle attack up in here???

Back