• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

biteme

The Rev, Molon labe
I don't remember an American president hiding from world issues and disasters in the past
Obama lost, oblivious, inexperienced, comatose, still on vacation, gearing up for spring break?
:confused2:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/obama_the_invisible_Ass40MBstf15MAr9DYAORK
Where is the president? The world is beset. Moammar Khadafy is moving relentlessly to crush the Libyan revolt that once promised the overthrow of one of the world's most despicable regimes.
So where is the president?
Japan may be on the verge of a disaster that dwarfs any we have yet seen. A self-governing nation like the United States needs its leader to take full measure of his position at times of crises when the path forward is no longer clear.
This is not a time for leadership; this is the time for leadership.
So where is Barack Obama?

Hey, don't you know Golf is more important. Do you realize the thought process in picking the NCAA bracket? BTW, he is filling a campaign promise to fundamentally transform the United States, he needs a vacation!

Oh yea, one more question...how's that Hope & Change working for you? :rofl:

Why doesn't Hillary just push him aside and seize power? She obviously is endowed with a greater amount of testicular fortitude than the current occupant of the Oval Office.

I don't remember an American president hiding from world issues and disasters in the past

Really?

During 2 terms as President, Bush spent all or of part of 487 days at Camp David, on retreats and made 77 trips to his Crawford Ranch, in Texas, where he spent all or part of 490 days, on his Ranch.
The total number of days of vacation or retreat President Bush took, while in office over a period of 8 years was 977 days, or 32% of his total time in office, was spent on vacations or retreats.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_...rge_w_bush_take_while_president#ixzz1GsDz0Tjv

What you have omitted, Knell, is that G.W. Bush was never expected to be a great leader. Obama was practically beatified by the media even before he was elected to office. One would have thought it was the second coming of Elvis Presley, or some other such religious event. The man is, when all of the hype is taken into consideration, quite simply.....a disappointment.

I didn't omit shit. I replied to the silly bashing of Obama that keeps going on and on and on in these threads. The man is no better, and certainly no worse, than many, many presidents.

I disliked your post because you missed the point. Bush went on vacation just like others have
I didn't say I didn't remember a president going on vacation I said
and I'll repeat

"I don't remember an American president hiding from world issues and disasters in the past"

Last edited:
Damn you Biteme. Your dislikes go straight to my heart, and make me weep bitter tears.

I got your point, I don't think you got mine. Being gone for 32 percent of your presidency to your ranch and Camp David is more than just vacationing.

Can you say "Katrina"?

Dubya did show up in south Mississippi a couple times after The Bitch.. But all that really did was make a miserable situation worse--anyone ever dealt with having the Prez come to town? Well add that to 90% of the city's infrastructure was GONE... what a pain in the ass to have 3 of the 5 passable streets closed off so he could go hug people in front of what was left of their homes.

Katrina survivor.

Can you say "Katrina"?

Bush's response may have been slow, but he didn't ignore Katrina, he didn't pretend it didn't happen, the most hated in that instance should be New Orleans, Mayor Ray Nagin
who did disapare and later complained about everyone elses effert while making non himself

Dubya did show up in south Mississippi a couple times after The Bitch.. But all that really did was make a miserable situation worse--anyone ever dealt with having the Prez come to town? Well add that to 90% of the city's infrastructure was GONE... what a pain in the ass to have 3 of the 5 passable streets closed off so he could go hug people in front of what was left of their homes.

Katrina survivor.
Glad you survived Kitty! I never did understand this need for presidents or governors to fly over or drive to these locations. Shit is bad enough without them. When that hurricane, Ike I think, came this far inland, they had a Red Cross chopper take time out from delivering needed supplies to people here, to give our governor a tour of the disaster area. The real pisser was when FEMA came around handing out papers for Govt. approved loans to fix the damage.

Bush's response may have been slow, but he didn't ignore Katrina, he didn't pretend it didn't happen, the most hated in that instance should be New Orleans, Mayor Ray Nagin
who did disapare and later complained about everyone elses effert while making non himself
That was a rather odd thing. Leaders are supposed to go down with the ship. NO was a great look at how things should never be done! I do have to say that the puddle jumpers did put a lot of effort into helping people.

What i don't get it the excuses people will make for Bush while actively bagging on Obama..

What you have omitted, Knell, is that G.W. Bush was never expected to be a great leader.

Then why vote for him twice? Why keep an obvious incompetent in office?

Bush's response may have been slow, but he didn't ignore Katrina, he didn't pretend it didn't happen,

He ignored it for as long as fucking could! I bet the people that were in the middle of that shit fest wondered WTF he was doing for days afterwards while they sat in dirt and shit.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/

According to this link the only presidents that a minimal amount of vacation days were Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. The rest of them "hid" as much as any other sitting president.

President George W. Bush was nearing the end of a month-long vacation at his Crawford, Texas, ranch on August 29, 2005, when Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast of the United States.

Again!! He was on his ranch on vacation and it took him 4 days to respond. Maybe someone was telling a story, and he got distracted like on 9/11.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=George_W._Bush:_Hurricane_Katrina

Now, how bout some facts and links on why you think that Obama is "hiding" from problems, not just opinion.

What you have omitted, Knell, is that G.W. Bush was never expected to be a great leader. Obama was practically beatified by the media even before he was elected to office. One would have thought it was the second coming of Elvis Presley, or some other such religious event. The man is, when all of the hype is taken into consideration, quite simply.....a disappointment.

Obomer has to be the only one to get a Nobel prize on the come
The Nobel Peace Prize 2009
Barack H. Obama
he got a Nobel prize on expections of greatness
and here is what his greatest supporter has to say
Guess he hasn't lived up to the 2nd coming, I don't want a president on a learning curve, I was told obomer walked on water, now you tell me he's just learning to crawl? Where is the BEEF!
http://www.politico.com/politico44/...bit_868941d7-3826-4a53-9390-43550fabcd93.html
Oprah called on President Obama's critics on Friday to show "a certain level of respect.”

"I feel that everybody has a learning curve, and I feel that the reason why I was willing to step out for him was because I believed in his integrity and I believed in his heart," the influential TV host said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” in Chicago.

You got that wrong, it was our Governor at the time that was inept, Kathleen Blanco! She looked like a deer in the headlights!

That was a rather odd thing. Leaders are supposed to go down with the ship. NO was a great look at how things should never be done! I do have to say that the puddle jumpers did put a lot of effort into helping people.

Mayor Ray "Chocolate City" Nagin waited too long to give the order to leave. So, yes he failed to. He failed by spreading rumors of lies & deceit. His police Chief Eddie Compass was a laughing stock! A good chunk of the police force took/stole vehicles from dealerships & went to Houston. Some never returning the vehicles, until they were charged with grand theft. Eddie Compass screwed up so much Nagin asked for his resignation. Then Nagin wanted & succeeded in disarming the citizens knowing he had a police force that was crap! I can understand looting for food but they were taking TV's & stuff, that was BS they should have been shot on sight!

Mayor Ray "Chocolate City" Nagin waited too long to give the order to leave. So, yes he failed to. He failed by spreading rumors of lies & deceit. His police Chief Eddie Compass was a laughing stock! A good chunk of the police force took/stole vehicles from dealerships & went to Houston. Some never returning the vehicles, until they were charged with grand theft. Eddie Compass screwed up so much Nagin asked for his resignation. Then Nagin wanted & succeeded in disarming the citizens knowing he had a police force that was crap! I can understand looting for food but they were taking TV's & stuff, that was BS they should have been shot on sight!
I've seen a lot on the PD actions in the aftermath of that. I also read about the looting the PD was doing on houses they knew had weapons. I did not know about the other things you are talking about there. Thank you for that! I have also read, shall we call them rumors here, about vigilante and basicly merc. groups in that area.

I can understand looting for food/water/clothing.. but the electronics and high end items always baffled me-- You got no electricity-IF-you're lucky enough to still have a home, there are still bodies floating in the streets and you're hitting the electronics? Don't tell me it was for barter--42 in plasma is too big to transport easy--not to mention traceable if anyone cared enough too.

If I recall--about 2 days after New Orleans flooded Wal-mart opened the doors to looters with a "take if if you need it, we'll write it off" mentality.

I've seen a lot on the PD actions in the aftermath of that. I also read about the looting the PD was doing on houses they knew had weapons. I did not know about the other things you are talking about there. Thank you for that! I have also read, shall we call them rumors here, about vigilante and basicly merc. groups in that area.

There were some groups that kept people out of there neighborhoods by force because of the looting. You seen a bunch of signs that said YOU LOOT WE SHOOT. There were also people from where I am from that went in there boats to rescue people from there houses. One such good person from where I am from went with his boat & was in the process of rescuing this family when the male of the family, how should I say this...Boatjacked him! Luckily he had a GPS & a Nextel, another friend came to his rescue. They found his boat a couple of days later. After that the bayou boys armed themselves to the teeth.

There were some groups that kept people out of there neighborhoods by force because of the looting. You seen a bunch of signs that said YOU LOOT WE SHOOT[/I]. There were also people from where I am from that went in there boats to rescue people from there houses. One such good person from where I am from went with his boat & was in the process of rescuing this family when the male of the family, how should I say this...Boatjacked him! Luckily he had a GPS & a Nextel, another friend came to his rescue. They found his boat a couple of days later. After that the bayou boys armed themselves to the teeth.

This is the way my neighborhood was. When I evac'd MIL and the kids, I left my back door open for my dogs (no room in the truck to take them) and my neighbors to take what pantry items they needed. Though when my elderly neighbor evac'd a few days later he gave away his items to the neighborhood -- water, frozen goods etc. They had a hand-to-hand system passing items down among the 10 or 15 of them. While this was going on Air Natl. Guard helo comes flying over and was going to get them for looting (guns drawn & everything). Thankfully no one was injured, but I really miss my tight Seabee neighborhood, but glad they are still there watching over my property.

You will all be happy to know that I have a 30-06 and a 12 gauge just in case.

Last time we had a hurricane hit here I was the only one prepared. I had 10 people and 6 animals inside my 1500sqf house and I was still helping neighbors with necessities.

This year I'm expecting a shit hurricane season AND the end of the world nutjobs. SWEET!

Obama lost, oblivious, inexperienced, comatose, still on vacation, gearing up for spring break?
:confused2:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/obama_the_invisible_Ass40MBstf15MAr9DYAORK
Where is the president? The world is beset. Moammar Khadafy is moving relentlessly to crush the Libyan revolt that once promised the overthrow of one of the world's most despicable regimes.
So where is the president?
Japan may be on the verge of a disaster that dwarfs any we have yet seen. A self-governing nation like the United States needs its leader to take full measure of his position at times of crises when the path forward is no longer clear.
This is not a time for leadership; this is the time for leadership.
So where is Barack Obama?

He should be hiding from world issues and focusing on that domestic clusterfuck you call a country. Libya, sir, is not America's ground to stand on. Maybe ushering in a regime change the third time in one decade might be the 'cool' thing though...but I do not see your point. America - well, NATO in general - shouldn't be there. :confused:

He should be hiding from world issues and focusing on that domestic clusterfuck you call a country. Libya, sir, is not America's ground to stand on. Maybe ushering in a regime change the third time in one decade might be the 'cool' thing though...but I do not see your point. America - well, NATO in general - shouldn't be there. :confused:
Someone may have to help me out here, but didn't Senator Oscammer say that the Pres. has no authority to do this when there is no direct/immediate threat to this nation?

Back