• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
killer-man.jpg

Chinonso claims a spirit came over him, which made him carry out the act, Punch reports.

He narrated his side of the story:

“I no longer go to church. I was relaxing in the front of my apartment at 100, Mba Street, Ajegunle, when my neighbours, Ismail and Kunle (Abiola), told me to join them where they were sitting. I told them I would not and they started to foment trouble.

I did not want to associate with them because I don’t speak their language and I can’t trust them. But while they were troubling me where I sat, Ismail pinned my arms behind me and Kunle slapped me.

Immediately he slapped me, I could not control myself anymore, it was like I was on remote control as a spirit pushed me to go and take a kitchen knife. I rushed in and took the knife, came back outside and stabbed Kunle.”

The deceased was stabbed twice, one in the chest and jaw.

He added that Abiola had in the past slapped him for no concrete reasons.

“There was even a time I went to a drinking joint in our area and saw him (Abiola) there. As soon as I sat down, he came over and challenged me for coming to the same joint where he drank. He slapped me right there and I could not do anything,” he said.

Asked if there were other issues that could warrant the alleged harassment he was suffering in the hands of the deceased, Chinonso said there had never been any issue between them.

As soon as Chinonso stabbed Abiola, he slumped and was rushed to the hospital as blood gushed from his chest and jaw.

A resident, Saheed Adebisi, said the incident started when a fight broke out between Ismail and Chinonso but Abiola only attempted to separate them when he was stabbed.

“Chinonso stabbed him because he believed that Abiola was on the side of Ismail,” he said.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, who confirmed the incident, said investigation was still ongoing and that the suspect would be charged to court when it was completed.

http://pulse.ng/gist/spirit-blame-game-man-30-stabs-neighbour-to-death-blames-spirit-id3697560.html

DAMN those spirits! Jus' hangin' roun', waitin' to jump out an possess some poor bastard an make him do baaaad things. I hate when that happens! You be jus' standin' round, looking at shit...the BANG! you get possessed! Pore guy needed a houngan as a wingman. Or my Aunt Nettie; she jus' whops you with an oak stick an' that spirit goes EEEEEEEKKK, it's Nettie...run!

LOL. I wonder if "the haints made me do it!" would wash as a Temporary Insanity defense here in the U.S. I'm sure somebody somewhere's already tried it. :hilarious:

Maybe by referring to a spirit that made him do it, he means the spirit from a bottle, like a bottle of liquor, you know like liquid courage! He didn't have the courage the first time to do anything and now he suddenly kills him on this attack and blames it on a spirit. Maybe someone had made a voodoo doll and that took over him!

Back