• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2wq4yeu.jpg

James Hoffman
mkgd9f.jpg
[..]
New Mexico nurse was found passed out in a hospital bathroom with a needle in his arm and wearing lipstick
[...]
James Hoffman, 51, was charged with possession of controlled substances and drug paraphernalia Tuesday
[...]
He was discovered Monday morning after security heard snoring coming from one of the emergency room bathrooms at Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, according to police reports obtained
[...]
The security team found Hoffman unconscious, wearing lipstick and a tourniquet, police said. A syringe hung from his arm.

Hoffman, who was supposed to be on duty at the hospital, was taken to a room for treatment and observation
[...]
Police were called to the scene at 8:15 a.m. Monday but Hoffman was not arrested until he was released from the hospital the next day.

Hoffman had Morphine, Ketamine and Lorazepam in the bathroom with him
[...]
Those drugs, respectively used as painkillers, anesthetics and anti-anxiety medication, were later found in his work area.

Hoffman should not have had those drugs because none of his patients were using them, hospital staff told
[...]
A "large amount" of narcotics was missing from the hospital's drug system, hospital security told police.
[...]
investigating if Hoffman took the drugs found on him from the hospital, Santa Fe Police spokeswoman Celina Espinosa said. They are also looking into which drugs caused him to become unconscious.

Hospital staff said they were concerned Hoffman may have improperly treated a disorderly patient who was later found unresponsive.
[....]
container of Ketamine was found in the patient's room even though she did not have a prescription for it.

The nurse was fired from his job at St. Vincent
[...]
Hoffman is being held at Santa Fe County Jail.

The hospital and police continue to investigate
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-needle-arm-hospital-police-article-1.2025370

Daaayum, that's a helleva cocktail. And, what in the world was he thinking? Everyone knows one of the side effects of Ketamine is wearing lipstick! :kiss:

Dude was ready to party! This guy from New Mexico certainly bears a striking resemblance to a certain TV character of late, especially in the second mugshot...

my drug of choice is alcohol.

Hell mine used to be pepsi, then it was sprite, now it's water, no excitement over here, this is what you're reduced to when you're old, diabetic and have kidney problems. Ain't even lived a wild life.

But I want to know more about the lipstick! That's the real issue here, darn it!! *waves fist*
i AGREE COMPLETELY! drug use can only get you so far in the excuse department. i have known NO man that wore lipstick unless it was in his pocket or in his purse. and i suppose if that is/was the case, there is an entire different story going on here as well.

Yea so where did the lipstick come from? Was it found on his person or did he have one helluva night on the town and didn't properly clean up before he nipped in the closet for a head change. Had he not passed out like he did I'm sure they would never have discovered the missing drugs.

sigh, and considering i have actually worked in a human hospital, no. not any that i was around anyway.

however, i was in a fairly rural area, maybe only the urban hospitals keep the big cat tranquilizers....ya never know...or at least i don't know...

i was wondering that myself, but did not want to seem too out of line...

My moms a nurse and my dad's a doctor (human). They said there is no use for it in human medicine.

I'm a registered vet tech and we use it in animals (obviously) but it is a dissociative anesthetic and I've seen cat flip the fuck out after we give them KTZ (ketamine, teletamine, and zolazapam) as a pre med. I don't know why any human would want to take it. It makes you crazy as fuck.

My moms a nurse and my dad's a doctor (human). They said there is no use for it in human medicine.

I'm a registered vet tech and we use it in animals (obviously) but it is a dissociative anesthetic and I've seen cat flip the fuck out after we give them KTZ (ketamine, teletamine, and zolazapam) as a pre med. I don't know why any human would want to take it. It makes you crazy as fuck.
yep. there is no reason a human should ever consume it. and it is not dosed for humans or their body weight. but hey, i suppose if your idea of getting high is not being able to move, i guess it is your idea of fun.

Sounds like someone likely drugged him and then put the lipstick on him in a successful effort to humiliate and ruin him. Perhaps an ex-lover or coworker who had a problem with him. Authorities should look into if anyone he knows works in a vet clinic in some capacity. I'll reserve judgment until more details are released and i'd advise all of you fly off the handle types to do the same.

Wait human hospitals carry Ketamine?

Ketamine is used in human hospitals.

It is used in medical procedures with humans and other animals. It is mainly for starting and maintaining general anesthesia. Other uses include sedation in intensive care, as a pain killer (particularly in emergency medicine and persons with potentially compromised respiration and/or allergies to opiate and barbiturate analgesics), as treatment of bronchospasm, and as a treatment for complex regional pain syndrome.

[...]

Ketamine is a "core" medicine in the World Health Organization's Essential Drugs List, a list of minimum medical needs for a basic healthcare system

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine

My grandma was given Ketamine for an emergency amputation of her leg. She had it amputated 2 days prior and had to undergo another emergency surgery to amupate higher do to infection. She was 75 and they couldn't risk putting her out again. So they doped her up on Ketamine.

Last edited:
I've seen Anesthesiologists give Ketamine to severely mentally challenged adults specifically for having them lie still enough to get a CT scan. When absolute immobility is not needed and the procedure or test is very brief, then why put the patient under generally anesthesia? Mostly in these situations they resort to iv Propofol, but I have seen ketamine used occasionally.

I'm a registered vet tech and we use it in animals (obviously) but it is a dissociative anesthetic and I've seen cat flip the fuck out after we give them KTZ (
Agreed, I worked in a vet hospital/boarding facility for 5 years. Watching an animal come out of anesthesia was heart wrenching, yet you can't do anything to comfort them lest they bite.

Agreed, I worked in a vet hospital/boarding facility for 5 years. Watching an animal come out of anesthesia was heart wrenching, yet you can't do anything to comfort them lest they bite.

It's awful isn't it? They start yelping and do the right to left head Bob, you can put a towel down, but it still looks like it hurts :(

Thanks everyone else for the info. I guess Ketamine is comparable to barbiturates-used in human medicine, but used more frequently in animal medicine.

right to left head Bob, you can put a towel down, but it still looks like it hurts :(
They wind up on their backs, and you can tell they're horrified to be helpless and belly up, and yes, that head thing, OMG. Once had a German Pointer, still on it's side, begin violently slamming its head into the floor, eff me running, everyone was in surg. so I said screw protocol and went in the pen with armloads of blankets to roll and immobilize him. Never saw it that bad before or since.
Anyway, you can't see that and think to yourself, "Gee, I'd like to try that!"

I was given ketamine 30 years ago because i didn't want a general for foot surgery. I had
hallucinations that robin hood, in full regalia was comforting me and counting the
injections of local anethsisia in my feet. He talked to me the whole time. Seemed so
natural. Never had that shit since.

I have tried it in the past when I was younger.. I didn't do a ton, it just messed me up a little kinda like tripping on acid but different, but had friends that loved putting themselves in "K holes" all set!

Back