• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
A nun aged 72 has been gang-raped by bandits as she tried to stop them stealing from a convent.

The senior sister is in critical condition after she was attacked when up to a dozen attackers who broke in to the building at around 1am this morning.

They tied up several nuns as they began to steal from the Convent of Jesus and Mary School, in Ranaghat, India.

The nun who was raped did not receive hospital treatment until the following morning, Sky News reports. The sister was reportedly critically injured and required surgery.

Nun-Rape.jpg

NDTV: Protest: Rape has become a growing social problem in India

Father Dominic Gomes, Vicar General of Kolkata Archdiocese, told NDTV: "After tying three of the five sisters, they entered the principal's room and ransacked it, destroying property and taking money, a laptop and a mobile phone."

An inquiry has been launched into the incident, West Bengal's Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.

She said: "We strongly condemn the incident that took place at the Ranaghat Convent. CID will be examining all aspects to this horrific crime. Swift, strongest action to be taken."

Rape has become a massive social problem in India, with growing calls for the Government to do more to help prevent it.

It comes after an Indian TV channel which was due to air a BBC documentary about the country's rape crisis halted programming in protest at the banning of the film.
AP Photo/Tsering Topgyal
AP-2015-Indias-daughters-2.jpg

Film: Indian women participate in a candle light vigil in protest at the banning on India's Daughter
Instead of rescheduling another programme, the NDTV Channel ran a slate referring to the film's title, during the hour-long slot when it should have aired.

The film features the horrific story of murdered gang-rape victim Jyoti Singh, 23, who became known as "India's Daughter" - the title of the documentary.

Jyoti, a medical student, was raped and killed by a gang of men on a public bus in December 2012.

The documentary made by British filmmaker Leslee Udwin features an interview with Mukesh Singh, one of the men convicted of the appalling crime on a Delhi bus, and was outlawed by the Indian authorities on the grounds of "objectionable content" amid claims it was offensive to women.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/elderly-nun-gang-raped-bandits-tried-5333057

Rape is not a growing social problem in India. It has always been a problem but now people are starting to speak up about it. It's more like the government is embarrassed about people finally starting to listen and expect the government to invoke harsher penalties. Some of these officials need to be booted from office, especially the one's who try to use the "boys will be boys" defense.

This just proves no woman is safe in this area of the world. If a group of nuns not to mention a 72 year old nun isn't safe then God help any other female. These disgusting POS are nothing but animals that need to be exterminated but in a painful methodical slow tourtuous death. These POS are the best place to start setting an example.

Rape is not a growing social problem in India. It has always been a problem but now people are starting to speak up about it.

Exactly. It just looks like a growing problem b/c it's finally making World News. The public reaction to these rapes is/are a very good thing, IMO.

I posted a comment in Jyoti's thread that I'm glad to see people reacting to these abhorrent crimes instead of just sitting around like a bunch of couch potatoes the way we do in the U.S. most of the time. The last time I saw any real action/reaction here in the U.S. over rape and sexual assault was during the Women's "Take Back the Night" campaign. I'm not saying that was the last one, just the last one that seemed to get any real attention. I'm glad to see East Indians standing up and speaking out about this. No more suffering in silence.

Ugh. Absolutely disgusting. Poor old woman dedicating her life to religion for something like this to happen to her.

I don't know what's grosser, that she was 72 or that she was a nun.

Nah, nun for sure is what makes it nasty. Those broads are fucking monsters. I can't imagine how hideous an Indian nun is, given what a typical nun and a typical indian woman look like already, good God almighty i'm gonna vomit!!!!

I don't know what's grosser, that she was 72 or that she was a nun.

Nah, nun for sure is what makes it nasty. Those broads are fucking monsters. I can't imagine how hideous an Indian nun is, given what a typical nun and a typical indian woman look like already, good God almighty i'm gonna vomit!!!!

You think that's bad, imagine being an elderly virgin slammed to the ground with a dozen dirty, nasty, smegma and fumunda cheese covered dicks being crammed into you one right after the other and being splooged into oblivion until your vulva, perineum, vagina and asshole are torn up so bad you're in critical condition after having to have your vagina and rectum surgically repaired.

I definitely think she got the shit end of the deal.

Last edited:
I really....Just can't comprehend this at all...That poor woman!
I hope she recovers...at least physically...For a Nun to be raped, not just by one but by what did it say? Up to a dozen?
My Gods! :mad:

I hope they catch the monsters that did this to such an innocent victim. I hope she recovers. I can't imagine her pain. I hope they all die.

I hope they have a flash mob action on these fucks, at her age it will be difficult for her to recover something that would have been traumatic and seriously life threatening at any age. They have good pictures of all of them posted in videos and I'm sure people are already starting to recognize them, so next we hear hopefully they will have been beat to death and lynched

Last edited:
You think that's bad, imagine being an elderly virgin slammed to the ground with a dozen dirty, nasty, smegma and fumunda cheese covered dicks being crammed into you one right after the other and being splooged into oblivion until your vulva, perineum, vagina and asshole are torn up so bad you're in critical condition after having to have your vagina and rectum surgically repaired.

Def FAR worse that a bunch of uncircumsized third worlders did it. If i was ever to get raped it better fucking be an American that does it, possibly western european or canadian but that's pushin it.

West Bengal News links that might be of interest...

Nun wants to remain in hospital to overcome trauma, no arrests yet
Kolkata, March 19 : The septuagenarian nun, still traumatised after being gang-raped inside a Bengal convent last week, has pleaded that she be allowed to remain in hospital for some more time to regain her composure, even as police were still unable to arrest any of the culprits.

Top Cardinal satisfied over decision to hand over nun gang-rape case to CBI
Kolkata, Mar. 18 : Catholic Bishop's Conference of India president, Cardinal Baselios Cleemis, on Wednesday expressed his delight and satisfaction over the West Bengal Government's move to hand over the probe into the 71-year-old nun gang-rape case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

Mamata entrusts CBI with nun's gang rape probe
Kolkata, March 18 : In the face of massive protests over the brutal gang-rape of a septuagenarian nun inside a convent, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday announced she would "entrust the investigation" to the CBI, hours after a high-level Catholic delegation visited the spot and demanded "visible" action including arrest of the culprits.

Bengal gang rape: Bishops demand visible, fast action from Mamata
Kolkata, March 18 : The Catholic Bishops' Conference of India on Wednesday demanded "visible" action and requested West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to hasten arrests of those who gang raped a 71-year-old nun in West Bengal's Nadia district.

Mamata invites CBI to probe nun's gang-rape case
Kolkata, Mar 18: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has decided to hand over the Ranaghat nun's gang-rape case to CBI as a probe by the CID continues to hit the wall four days after the incident.

Nun gang rape case: Top Cardinal says culprits must be brought to justice
Nadia (West Bengal), Mar. 18 : Catholic Bishop's Conference of India president Cardinal Baselios Cleemis on Wednesday said the culprits behind the gang rape of an elderly nun in West Bengal's Nadia district must be brought to justice.

Mamata to 'entrust' CBI with probe into nun gang rape
Kolkata, March 18 : West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday announced she would "entrust the investigation" of the gang rape of a 71-year-old nun in West Bengal's Nadia district to the CBI given its "seriousness" and "sensitivity”.

Bengal gang rape: Bishops seek early action from Mamata
Kolkata, March 18 : The Catholic Bishops' Conference of India on Wednesday requested Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to hasten arrests of those who gang raped a 71-year-old nun in West Bengal's Nadia district that sent shockwaves across the country and beyond.

Nun gang rape case: NHRC issues notice to WB govt, seeks report within 2 weeks
Kolkata, Mar 18 : With no arrests being made yet in connection with the gang rape case of an elderly nun in West Bengal's Ranaghat, the National Human Right Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday issued a notice to the state government and sought report within two weeks.

Bengal gang-rape survivor stable
Kolkata, March 17 : The 71-year-old nun who was raped by a gang of bandits in West Bengal's Nadia district continues to be physically and mentally stable, an attending doctor said on Tuesday.

Bengal rights panel seeks report on nun's gang rape
Kolkata, March 17 : Taking cognizance of the gang rape of a septuagenarian nun in Nadia district, the West Bengal Human Rights Commission has sought a report from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), an official said on Tuesday.

Kolkata holds candlelight vigil to express solidarity with nun
Kolkata, Mar. 16 : Thousands of people across Kolkata on Monday participated in a candlelight vigil held to express solidarity with the 72-year-old nun, who was gangraped at a convent school in West Bengal's Nadia district.

Mamata faces protests over nun's gang rape, condemns BJP for politicising
Kolkata, March 16 : Angry over police's failure to arrest any of the culprits who gang-raped a nun in West Bengal's Nadia district, scores of people on Monday held up visiting Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's convoy at Ranaghat and staged a demonstration seeking a CBI probe.

BJP seeks CBI probe in Bengal nun's gang rape
Kolkata, March 16 : Claiming that Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Paul's "kill and rape" remark acted as a provocation, the BJP on Monday demanded a CBI probe into the gruesome gang rape of a septuagenarian nun in West Bengal's Nadia district.

Kolkata shows solidarity with gang-raped nun
Kolkata, March 16 : Their faces reflected the pain and agony but the steely resolve to get culprits punished was radiant all across as people from all walks of life, cutting across religion and creed, assembled in Park Street here and held a candlelight vigil to denounce the gang-rape of a nun in West Bengal's Nadia district.

Bengal CM faces angry protests over nun gang rape
Kolkata, March 16 : Angry over the police's failure to arrest any of the dacoits who gang raped a nun in West Bengal's Nadia district, scores of locals on Monday stopped visiting Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's convoy and staged a demonstration seeking action.

Bengal gang rape vicious, horrible: Oscar-winning filmmaker
Kolkata, March 16 : Moved by the news of gang rape of a septuagenarian nun in West Bengal's Nadia district, Oscar-winning filmmaker Freida Lee Mock on Monday said such "vicious" attacks on women were "unacceptable" and "horrible".

Why no arrest over nun's gang rape, NCW asks Bengal
Kolkata, March 21 : The National Commission for Women (NCW) slammed the West Bengal administration on Saturday over its failure to arrest any of the culprits involved in the gang rape of a septuagenarian nun in Nadia district.

Nun leaves West Bengal?
Kolkata, Mar 20 : The nun, who was gangraped in West Bengal's Ranaghat city last week, has left West Bengal, media reports said on Friday.

'Embarrassment' for Mamata as gang-raped nun leaves Bengal
Kolkata, March 20 : Discharged from a hospital, the nun who was gang-raped inside a convent in West Bengal's Nadia district left West Bengal, prompting the opposition parties to call it an "embarrassment" for the Mamata Banerjee government.

Nun gang rape: Women's right panel team to visit Bengal
Kolkata, March 20 : Taking cognizance of the gang rape of a 71-year-old nun in West Bengal's Nadia district, the National Commission for Women on Friday said it will send a fact-finding team to the place of the crime.

Thank you for all the great sourcing and the chronology @Cameray . I'm running on insomnia fumes and I just can't... I hope all the women (and men) who're outraged about this stay on it and don't let the government railroad this heinous injustice. I also hope every well-known, international journalist and documentary maker in the U.S. and abroad throws so much shade on the West Bengalese government they end up declaring this lack of prosecution an East Indian Crime Against Humanity...grrrr...

The absolute worst part is that this poor woman is probably praying for the souls of the pathetic vermin right now. I feel so terribly for her, and I wish she had never had to endure this.

Updates...

Two Bangladeshis held for Bengal nun gang-rape
Kolkata, March 26 : In their first major breakthrough, West Bengal Police on Thursday arrested two Bangladeshi nationals in connection with the sensational gang-rape of a nun inside a convent in Ranaghat, an officer said.

WB nun gang-rape case: second arrest
Kolkata, Mar 26: A day after a man was arrested in Mumbai, the West Bengal police picked up another person near Kolkata on Friday in connection with the the gang-rape of an elderly nun, which triggering angry protests across the country.

Two arrested in Bengal nun gang-rape case
Kolkata, March 26 : In its first major breakthrough, West Bengal Police on Thursday arrested two people in connection with the March 14 gang-rape of a nun inside a convent in Ranaghat, an officer said.

Two arrested in Bengal nun gang rape case
Kolkata, March 26 : The West Bengal Police on Thursday arrested two people in connection with the March 14 Ranaghat nun gang rape case, police said.

WB nun gang rape case: CID arrests one from Mumbai
Mumbai, Mar 26 : In a significant breakthrough in the gang rape case of an elderly nun in West Bengal's Ranaghat area, the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the state has arrested the first accused in the case.

He would probably enjoy every second of it... sick fucks

Updates...

Nun gangrape: Bengal governor seeks joint action against infiltration
Kolkata, March 28 : Expressing serious concern over suspicion that a Bangladeshi gang was involved in the sensational ganrgape of a septuagenarian nun inside a convent at Ranaghat, West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi on Saturday urged the central and state governments to act jointly to stop infiltration from across the border.

Nun gang rape: Accused sent to 14 days police custody
Kolkata, March 27 : A court in West Bengal's Nadia district on Friday sent a Bangladeshi national, arrested in connection with the gang rape of a nun inside a convent in Ranaghat, to 14 days police custody.

This just proves no woman is safe in this area of the world. If a group of nuns not to mention a 72 year old nun isn't safe then God help any other female. These disgusting POS are nothing but animals that need to be exterminated but in a painful methodical slow tourtuous death. These POS are the best place to start setting an example.
this part of the world? youre so stupid. for your info girls get raped (nuns too) everywhere, especially the states

A trial court in India's West Bengal state on Tuesday (7 November) convicted a Bangladeshi national of raping a 72-year-old nun in 2015.

Police had charged a total of six people with gang-rape, but the other five accused were only found guilty of robbing a charity home where the nun worked, and of criminal conspiracy.

The gruesome incident in the otherwise peaceful town of Ranaghat near Bangladesh-India border was seen as a hate crime. It triggered public outrage with people demanding strict police action against the accused men.

Additional Sessions Judge Kumkum Sinha, while reading out the verdict on Tuesday, said it was a shameful act committed in a state where social reformists like Mother Teresa had worked for the welfare of people, according to Press Trust of India.

Explaining on why gang-rape charges against all the accused could not be established, Sinha said that witness accounts and the victim's own statement led her to conclude that the nun was sexually assaulted by only one man from the group, online news portal Livemint reported.

The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the West Bengal police had reportedly pressed the gang-rape charges based on forensic evidence. Initial reports in local media had also stated that the elderly woman was raped by a group of men, who broke into a convent school in Ranaghat on March 14, 2015, robbed cash from the home's safe and raped the nun when she tried to intervene.

The man accused of rape is Nazrul Islam while his five accomplices are Milan Kumar Sarkar, Ohidul Islam, Selim Sheikh and Khaledar Rahman — all from Bangladesh. The fifth accused was still at learge. A Ranaghat resident Gopal Sarkar was also convicted in the case for criminal conspiracy as he provided shelter to all these men and the robbery plot was hatched at his residence.

The nun had said in her petition that she feared for her safety because the accused in the case were influential and had strong links in the city. The nun had reportedly relocated to Indian capital New Delhi following the incident.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/only-one-6-gang-rape-accused-found-guilty-2015-nun-rape-case-india-1646358

they all deserved the death penalty this has been an ongoing issue in India forever but due to the caste system and tribal ideas and le ignoring to downright protecting the criminals not much has been done. People are getting up in arms and for good reason

Back