• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

DivineRAiN

On the morning of September 1, 2003 (Labor Day) Ann Marie Shawley (2 years old) was brought into a Providence Park Novi Hospital by her father and step mother. Ann Marie's body had numerous marks, burns, and bruises. Her body temperature was 84 degrees. She was put on life support and transfers to another hospital. The medical staff contacted the Novi Police Department.

When I viewed Ann Marie I noticed three separate burn patterns. There were what appeared to be cigarette burns on her chest, arm and bottom of her foot. She had fresh bruising on every part of her body and her forehead was bruised and swollen. After viewing the body I was absolutely convinced that these injuries could not be from an accident.

The decision was made to interview Nikole Michelle Frederick who was the primary caretaker of Ann Marie.

LAURIA: Sure. How would you rate yourself (as a mother)?
FREDERICK: Um, I think I'm, I'm pretty good. I mean I, I am a little bad with being stern and stricter you know, letting them get away with things.

LAURIA: How would you describe Ann Marie?
FREDERICK: She was a very hard baby. She would, uh, cry all the time. Always wanted to be held

(Periodically during the interview Frederick made several statements describing Ann Marie and trying to explain away her various injuries.)

"When she gets mad and she hurts, she bites herself and pulls her hair you know. She's very stubborn."

"I mean Annie just, I mean she always looks like she's beaten. She's always climbing or you know. I always can see a little bit of bruising and scrapes or whatever on her back. Her shins are always bruised."

"She's always got bruises up and down her legs. It's nothing uncommon for her to look like she was fallen down you know."

".......she's way beyond a normal little kid. I mean she's like real clumsy, real you know."

LAURIA: What do you think happened?
FREDERICK: Well, not listening to the doctors ( the doctors had explained to the family that the injuries were as a result of child abuse) and knowing her, I think she either fell off the couch or got up on her own because she does that. And I think she was standing on the vent, and I think she was standing on there until she fell asleep and fell over or just laid down you know. But that's what I think happened. I mean like I said it I know she looks bad, well she looks really bad with the burns. I know she's got bruises and stuff but she's just she's an over active kid you know.

LAURIA: What do you think should happen to somebody who hurts a child like this?
FREDERICK: I don't know (laughs). The strongest punishment, whatever (laughs).

LAURIA: There's a whole line of study in police work that can determine how injuries occur and how old the injuries are.
FREDERICK: (Inaudible) Come out that she did something. I don't even think we'll find out exactly what happened 'cause the only one that really knows is her and it's gonna be awfully hard trying to get her to say if anything happened, you know. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I was just wondering how long this is going to take.

A search warrant was executed at the Father's home. The following items were seized: a clump of hair from the toilet, wands of duct tape that contained hair and blood in the bathroom waste basket, a roll of partially used duct tape, with a spot of blood, on the sink counter top. It was clear to the officers at the scene that Ann Marie head and probably her mouth had been wrapped with duct tape.

Over two days of questioning Frederick never asked how Ann Marie was doing. Near the end of the interview I pointed this out to her. She tried to convince me that she had asked me several times about Ann Marie's injuries. She then asked me for an update in her condition. I told her that Ann Marie was brain dead and that she was probably not going to survive. Frederick stated "Oh my God. I'm gonna go for murder." I then spent about another 45 minutes with various themes in an attempt to get further information. After several attempts at denying any further knowledge or involvement in causing the injuries to Ann Marie she admitted to shaking her. After admitting to shaking her, Frederick broke down and cried. She then repeated said "I killed that little girl. I killed that little girl."

On the evening of September 2, 2003 Ann Marie died as a result of her injuries.

On September 4, 2003 Nikole Michelle Frederick was charged with First Degree Felony Murder and an alternative count of First Degree Premeditated Murder. On March 1, 2004 Frederick's trial began in Oakland County Circuit Court. She was convicted of First degree Felony Murder on March 16, 2004. She was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole on March 30, 2004.

https://www.reid.com/success_reid/r_detail.html?command=search&db=/databases/cotm.db&eqserialdata=10

the judge terminated John Shawley's parental rights to his 2 surviving children because he wouldn't keep them safe.

LAURIA: How would you describe Ann Marie?
FREDERICK: She was a very hard baby. She would, uh, cry all the time. Always wanted to be held

Well yeah...baby! Like you ever even wanna let them go.....EVER! Like even when they're 22.

*** Fuck this Dad, hooks up with this bitch so he doesn't have to take care of his kids.

Fuck them both!

Back