• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/terrifying-moment-rattlesnake-slithers-lap-081751821.html

Footage posted online by Nick the Wrangler showed him resting during a search for rattlesnakes. But just as he sat to take a break, one found him.

I heard a rustle in the brush next to me,” Nick wrote in the description. “I take a better look to see an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake crawling towards me, so i just sat there as still as possible.”

He thought the snake ― listed as one of the 10 deadliest in the nation ― would “keep on cruising by.” Instead, the creature came in for a closer look. A much closer look:

“This was a very close call,” Nick wrote. “I was definitely out of my comfort zone, but by God’s grace, I wasn’t harmed.”

According to OutdoorHub, the eastern diamondback rattlesnake is the largest of all North American venomous snakes, and arguably the most deadly. The snake’s bites are reportedly fatal about 30 percent of the time.

I disagree, while they are more passive than copperheads or the worse: water moccasins nobody knows what will set them off so don't be thinking they are gonna be all okay if you see one. This guy is an idiot and lucky he didn't lose his dick

I'm with you @Brenni, even when I know it's one that's non venomous. They send cold shivers up my spine.

One can see that the snake commanded every last erg and iota of his attention.

--Al

what really bothers me about this is there are people that will beleve it and be stupid enough to get too close to one or mess with one and get bit

What's really scary is that rattlesnakes are evolving. Apparently due to the human proclivity to kill anything that fucking rattles rattlesnakes with weaker or no rattles are breeding and becoming more common.

Back