• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://news.yahoo.com/newborn-baby-girl-found-buried-145600389.html

A newborn baby was found buried alive near the LA River, theLos Angeles County Sheriff's Department said Saturday.

The LASD Special Victims Bureau is now seeking the public's help with finding any information regarding the abandonment and endangerment of the baby girl, who'd been born within the last one to two days.

Police responded to calls on Friday around 4 p.m. after passersby heard the cries of a child along the bike path that runs at the edge of the LA River in the southern Los Angeles County city of Compton.

Per an LASD statement: "As they searched, deputies heard a baby’s muffled cry and located a newborn baby girl buried alive under pieces of asphalt and rubble inside a crevice located along the bike path."

Deputies removed the rubble and pulled the baby out. Police say she was wrapped in a blanket and cold to the touch.

The girl was triaged at the scene and taken to the hospital for observation.

If found, the person responsible for dumping the child could be charged with attempted murder and child endangerment.

At the time she was abandoned, the baby was still within the age window for Safe Surrender, which allows a parent to leave a baby at any hospital or fire station in Los Angeles County, no questions asked.

Oh baby... Do people just not know about safe haven laws? I just don't understand. I hope little one recovers and is placed in a loving home.

I want to kick this mother in her slats so hard, my cowboy boot comes out with her uterus on it.

(Like the nursery rhyme, *stuck in a thumb, pulled out a plumb.*
Stuck in a boot and pulled out ute.)

How could she live with herself, knowing she left her infant to die slowly, cold and alone? That's just fucking monstrous. I hope her identity gets out in jail and bitches deliver some payback for this.

Baby safe haven laws make it so easy to safely surrender an unwanted baby that there's no excuse for abandoning or leaving a child to die like this!

Like I say every time a case like this happens- We need to get the word out about baby safe haven/safe surrender- put it into the sex ed curriculum in high schools, put stickers in public bathrooms- I truly believe if more girls knew about it, they wouldn't get desperate enough to murder or abandon their newborns!

Just some info on baby safe haven:

-every state has a baby safe haven/surrender law

- surrender sites include hospitals, police/fire stations, churches (and more depending on the state)
- you can hand over your newborn anonymously with no questions asked-- or even have a friend do the surrender for you!

I don't get it either, if she could get herself and the baby to the river, (that is if she didn't give birth on the river bank) then she could get to a fire dept. walk in hand the baby over, walk out, No one will stop you.

Like the girl who left the baby in the manger, she left the baby in a clean, visible spot, made sure the baby was warm with clean towels. I don't entirely agree with just leaving him there, but she made sure he was safe, didn't throw him out a window, bury him on a river bank, strangle and wrap him in newspaper and store him in the attic. She was not afraid to do the right thing for the baby, not just for herself.

Honestly I wouldn't have known about the Safe Haven laws if it weren't for DD. I'm with @Momzilla, they need to raise awareness. Although now that I'm typing it, I wonder if people would see it as a safety net for unprotected sex. Tricky... But live babies are always better than dead ones.

This disgusts me. I truly believe that universally women and teens know about safe haven laws and choose not to use them for various reasons. I think mostly they don't trust that they don't have to give their names...that they will be in trouble in some way...that their family and friends will find out...that their name will be splashed across that newspaper and internet telling every one they gave a baby up and walked away. I don't think they can get past the fear.

i hope they find the so called mother and give her the max punishment. i would love to hear her excuse and i am so happy the baby is alive.

This disgusts me. I truly believe that universally women and teens know about safe haven laws and choose not to use them for various reasons. I think mostly they don't trust that they don't have to give their names...that they will be in trouble in some way...that their family and friends will find out...that their name will be splashed across that newspaper and internet telling every one they gave a baby up and walked away. I don't think they can get past the fear.
Yup totally agree! Unless these girls are psychopaths they don't really want to kill their babies- they are scared, desperate & just want the 'problem' to 'go away'. Explain to girls that this is exactly what safe haven laws offer (a way to safely 'get rid' of their problem, then walk away no questions asked) and I know we'd see a lot less if these stories!

The kids won't ever know until the information is allowed to be posted in places where young women and young men congregate, like schools, teen centers, even churches. I would hope a church would much rather a girl give up her baby than abandon, kill or abort, at least, you would think.

But for right now the people who think they know everything won't allow it to be posted because it woud encourage young people to have extra marital sex, because you know, teenagers never have sex until they know about things like safe sex, contraception and safe havens laws.

Just in case you need it, that last run on sentence is :sarcasm:

Last edited:
I don't get it either, if she could get herself and the baby to the river, (that is if she didn't give birth on the river bank) then she could get to a fire dept. walk in hand the baby over, walk out, No one will stop you.

Like the girl who left the baby in the manger, she left the baby in a clean, visible spot, made sure the baby was warm with clean towels. I don't entirely agree with just leaving him there, but she made sure he was safe, didn't throw him out a window, bury him on a river bank, strangle and wrap him in newspaper and store him in the attic. She was not afraid to do the right thing for the baby, not just for herself.

The safe haven law needs to be revised and advertised in the media better and the police need to make better judgments on who to criminalize if all the criteria is not met...for example the lady who left her baby in the manger.. Did everything right.. .except tell someone...and the authorities put her picture all over the news trying to hunt her down ..

Why..why..why ?? And how many woman saw this and NOW won't trust the safe haven law..

Well what'd ya know, I almost got through it. Read the entire thread but nevertheless, it hit me at the end. :banghead:

3BP6ZMYOfjMha.gif

I agree, with the addition of shame; not in all cases, but enough of them, IMO. In most situations, they still have to look the person receiving the baby in the eye, face to face, anticipating what to say when they hand their child to someone else forever. Fear and shame can be paralytic.

I also agree with @Momzilla , though, on more education, esp. when it comes to the fact they *don't* have to face someone. Just take them there and do a "ding dong ditch" if you have to, or leave them close to the door (wrapped in something), and call or have a friend call from a pay phone and let them know the baby's there. Again, I think you're definitely right about a lot of girls/women already knowing, but I remember reading an article not too long ago about "Baby Drop Boxes" at hospitals in England (I think). Nurses attend the box and check it for "drop offs." Personally, I thought that was a super progressive idea.

How could she live with herself, knowing she left her infant to die slowly, cold and alone? That's just fucking monstrous. I hope her identity gets out in jail and bitches deliver some payback for this.

I couldn't agree more. I hope that payback is oh so painful and I hope it's every day for a very very long time.

30 fucking 3. Not a scared teenager.

Makes it even more horrible, doesn't it?

This bitch is 33?? 30fucking3?? I have an amazing friend who can no longer have kids, and this bitch just buries her little baby girl?? OMFG!!!!

30 fucking 3. Not a scared teenager.

OMG!! I just read the OP (didn't read the link), and your comment wasn't showing up on my screen when I wrote mine. I don't want to change anything I already wrote b/c it applies all girls/women, IMO, although I was thinking scared teen early 20's, too, but come the F**K on. THIRTY @#%$!&#! THREE?!? :eek: Nvm. I have waaay too much jabberwocky tumbling around in my mouth right now to try and type it out. :cyclops:

What the fuck. At TMS's link, this cunt went to the hospital on the 23rd and was released WITH the baby on the 26th.

This was not some "scared" woman, bitch fucking gave birth in the hospital, she could have fucking left the baby there.

Oh my God. I want her dead, not just sterilized, I want this cunt fucking dead.

Do you guys think that people who do this dont know about safe haven laws? Or that they know and do this anyway?
Before they had safe haven laws I thought if it were ever me I would just throw on a hoody and put the baby in a cart and push the baby in the store and run like hell, or something like that. I think these people have to have it in them to leave a baby to suffer. Even if they had no clue about safe havens they had 9 months to think of something to do with the baby, and they settle on murder?

I agree that safe havens should be "advertised" much heavier than they are, but I dont think that the women who kill their babies would use them.

I haven't gave birth in 30+ years, so I don't know what they do now.

Car seat laws were brand new when I had my boys, I couldn't leave the hospital with the baby until I brought in a car seat for inspection.

So here's my point ..
When you're at the hospital and give birth, is there some kind of instructions? Like a paper that spells out the safe haven laws and where a new mother could safely drop a baby they didn't want?

If not, we need to start a change.org page or something.

Authorities said Wednesday that a 33-year-old Compton woman who abandoned her newborn near a riverbed, has been sentenced to 14 years in prison.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced that Porche Laronda Washington pleaded no contest to attempted murder in the incident. The defendant also admitted a special allegation that she committed great bodily injury on a child under 6-years-old.

She faced a maximum of life in prison.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016...rs-in-prison-for-abandoning-baby-by-riverbed/

Latest posts

Back