• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
x6mnd.jpg

Police are searching for a man that stole a dog and television from a woman who met him from an online dating site.
2d17iti.jpg
A New Jersey man has returned the dog and flat-screen TV he stole on their first date.
[....]
the woman and man she met online went out for the first time Thursday night.

After returning home, the woman said she became occupied in another room, leaving the man alone. When she returned, he was gone — and so were her Yorkshire Terrier named Violet and her TV valued at $3,000. The woman says her dog was worth $4,000.
[....]
she knew her date only as Joel and believes he lives in Elizabeth.

But at 3 a.m. Saturday police received a call from the woman stating the dog and TV was in her front yard.

Police said they know the man's identity and may press charges.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/worst-blind-date-steals-dog-tv-article-1.1762509#ixzz2zTYKCN3W

Four grand for three pounds of yippy little rat-dog? Bitch be crazy!

However, the biggest issue here is not the dog's value, but rather why you'd invite an internet date to your home for the first meeting! Seriously?!

$4000 for a Yorkie? No way, I'm a Yorkie girl, my current one came from two champion lines and we paid $500 for her from the breeder. There's loads of them available from shelters and rescues for even less. If you pay $4K for a Yorkie you're an idiot.

Having said that, my Yorkie is priceless to me but as far as monetary value goes, no Yorkshire Terrier is worth $4000 unless she is born directly from two KC champions and fits all the KC pedigree criteria. And almost none of them do (including mine).

Is it possible she was summing up vet bills and whatnot to figure into the dog's "value?"

That's a possibility, didn't think about that. Especially if it was a "teacup", which tend to cost more in the first place and have a lot more health problems since they're not a real breed, just runts bred with runts to make them smaller and (initially) more "cute", at least until the vet bills kick in.

He doesn't know how to steal a woman's heart. Hell he doesn't even know how to steal a television.
Maybe he was trying to have a damsel in distress situation but he muffed it up!

In a fit of depression just after Valentines day, I signed up for POF. I was on there about a week but I quit going after I realized I was too scared to actually meet anyone... This woman was lucky he was only interested in her tv and her dog, imo. Could've ended much worse.

$4000 for a Yorkie? No way, I'm a Yorkie girl, my current one came from two champion lines and we paid $500 for her from the breeder. There's loads of them available from shelters and rescues for even less. If you pay $4K for a Yorkie you're an idiot.
Makes me think of the chick who paid something like 50k for a big dog in Japan or somewhere a few years ago.. If you are a good salesman, you can get whatever you want regardless of the actual value... it's all about perceived value. I've paid less for cars, that lasted years...I like free dogs and cats the best.. whatever shows up on my doorstep is generally what I keep.

which tend to cost more in the first place and have a lot more health problems since they're not a real breed, just runts bred with runts to make them smaller and (initially) more "cute",
I don't disagree with the "not a real breed" part, but I haven't experienced poor health.. you have to know the breeder.. and as far as insulting runts, some of the best dogs I've ever had were runts. They didn't end up significantly smaller than the rest of the brood.. .tends to be the last pup breed before the bitch goes out of heat.. and the first one out.. they get less time to cook in the womb and end up smaller. They're often basically premies. Doesn't always mean they are of poor health.

Does that guy have sheets on his bed? I'm on my phone and it doesn't look like it. Lol make your damn bed before trying to look all bad in a selfie. Also that should have been a huge warning sign. Dude can't afford sheets but can afford dating website not the best choice to go out.

Does that guy have sheets on his bed? I'm on my phone and it doesn't look like it. Lol make your damn bed before trying to look all bad in a selfie. Also that should have been a huge warning sign. Dude can't afford sheets but can afford dating website not the best choice to go out.
Plenty of Fish is free, at least according to google.

And no sheets is disgusting. Can you imagine how filthy a bed without sheets gets? It can't be washed or cleaned. Pure ghetto nasty.

Heh, nope! Just a bare mattress.
ICK! :yuck: That's what I thought. Lol :facepalm:

Plenty of Fish is free, at least according to google.

And no sheets is disgusting. Can you imagine how filthy a bed without sheets gets? It can't be washed or cleaned. Pure ghetto nasty.
Lol even better free site and no sheets yep he's a keeper. :sarcasm:
That is disgusting. I would be finding something to cover that mattress.

What do you expect when you invite someone you met on Tinder who can't even make his damn bed into you home when you know him for ten minutes?

In a fit of depression just after Valentines day, I signed up for POF. I was on there about a week but I quit going after I realized I was too scared to actually meet anyone... This woman was lucky he was only interested in her tv and her dog, imo. Could've ended much worse.

LoL I have had a couple of friends pressuring me to sign up...I KEEP making excuses but was thinking I would sign up after my cruise (Awesome!) but before my 40th birthday (more awesome) Like you; even if I put up a profile met someone interesting-ish, it's more likely that I would not make or 'miss' the date than ever actually go, so why do all that extra work!!! I'm constantly laughing at myself.

I used to say that a guy would have to stalk me before I would break down and go out with him...now after DD...especially the stalkers can't get a smile and I smile all the time at every one!

Me and my superman have been married for 8 years now. We met online. Having said that, online dating is no fun and more like detective work.

"waxed" eyebrows, pencil 'stache, AND no sheets? Three strikes b-a-b-y.

Me and my superman have been married for 8 years now. We met online. Having said that, online dating is no fun and more like detective work.

"waxed" eyebrows, pencil 'stache, AND no sheets? Three strikes b-a-b-y.

Yes! I figure if/when it's supposed to be I will have bestowed upon, me by my creator (and my meddling Mom too), enough umph to make it so. Until then I like me enough to be by myself, a lot!
I was the kid in high school vowing not to marry until I was 45...I am not there yet!

Mostly I tell myself I am holding out for the guy who is just as open minded and goofy as I am about much of life and willing to allow growth and change at a natural rate. Complement me as I do you and let's make new rules for EVERYTHING we do; especially how we interact with one another! Someone who is more concerned with the interior than the exterior because I didn't give myself the features I have and I am too lazy to do too much 'add-on' beauty (hair, nails, injections, surgery) for too long other than keeping myself clean (weekends are optional).

If it's a fairy tale, it is mine and I value it for all it's worth!!

I don't disagree with the "not a real breed" part, but I haven't experienced poor health.. you have to know the breeder.. and as far as insulting runts, some of the best dogs I've ever had were runts. They didn't end up significantly smaller than the rest of the brood.. .tends to be the last pup breed before the bitch goes out of heat.. and the first one out.. they get less time to cook in the womb and end up smaller. They're often basically premies. Doesn't always mean they are of poor health.

I'm certainly not insulting runts, in fact my Yorkie was considered the runt and ended up being an unusually large dog and according to her vet, extremely healthy. But when the bad breeders breed runts with runts, then breed their offspring runts together to try and create ever decreasingly sized dogs, that's when the troubles really set in. I've been involved in small dog rescue on and off for a long time and I've seen dogs that would break your heart, endless Yorkies with liver shunts and hearts that can hardly function and Chihuahuas with heads so big in comparison to their necks and bodies they can't hold them up and big buggy eyes that are almost blind. I wish there was a law against "teacup" breeding.

Sorry, this is a bit of a soapbox of mine :) I'll get off it now and return you to your previously scheduled subject...

Having said that, my Yorkie is priceless to me but as far as monetary value goes, no Yorkshire Terrier is worth $4000 unless she is born directly from two KC champions and fits all the KC pedigree criteria. And almost none of them do (including mine).

I just did a quick Google search for breeders and found a bunch in the $3400 - $4000 range.

$4000 for a dog? If I have an extra $4000 floating around the last thing I'm getting is another dog with all of it when there are perfectly sweet and adorable dogs and puppies in shelters that need homes!

$4000 for a dog? If I have an extra $4000 floating around the last thing I'm getting is another dog with all of it when there are perfectly sweet and adorable dogs and puppies in shelters that need homes!
right? and you could totally help your local pound by prepaying some spay/neuters & adoption fees and still take a vaca with 4G's

Yes! I figure if/when it's supposed to be I will have bestowed upon, me by my creator (and my meddling Mom too), enough umph to make it so. Until then I like me enough to be by myself, a lot!
I was the kid in high school vowing not to marry until I was 45...I am not there yet!

Mostly I tell myself I am holding out for the guy who is just as open minded and goofy as I am about much of life and willing to allow growth and change at a natural rate. Complement me as I do you and let's make new rules for EVERYTHING we do; especially how we interact with one another! Someone who is more concerned with the interior than the exterior because I didn't give myself the features I have and I am too lazy to do too much 'add-on' beauty (hair, nails, injections, surgery) for too long other than keeping myself clean (weekends are optional).

If it's a fairy tale, it is mine and I value it for all it's worth!!

I met my current boyfriend on POF and we've been together for over a year. And he's AHHH-MAZING! That being said, there are some stone cold creepers out there and you have to be very careful with you meet and how much information you give out.

Back