• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
14sz288.jpg

Tyler Stewart​
[...]
rookie Arizona cop has been killed after being shot in the face while investigating a domestic violence call
[...]
The shooting suspect is dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound after Officer Tyler Stewart activated an emergency button alerting his patrol of a dire situation, police spokeswoman Sgt. Margaret Bentzon told
[...]
The 24-year-old officer was new to the agency, having joined earlier this year. He was at a home investigating a prior reports of domestic abuse.
[...]
believed Stewart exchanged fire with the alleged gunman, Prescott resident Robert W. Smith, 28, at 1:30 p.m. Saturday.

Attempts to get a verbal response from Stewart, shortly after the alert, failed
[...]
He was found in critical condition and taken to Flagstaff Medical Center, but died of his injuries.
[....]
Death happened as Flagstaff Police Chief Kevin Treadway was out of the office until early next year, but he drafted a brief statement after news of Stewart’s death emerged.
"This is an enormous tragedy for our department and the family of our officer," Treadway wrote. "We are a very close-knit organization and know that all of the members of the Flagstaff Police Department are grieving at this time. With that being said, all of the men and women of the Flagstaff Police Department extend our prayers and condolences to the family of our officer, Tyler Stewart."
Flagstaff Mayor Jerry Nabours said his city is in mourning at the agency’s loss.

“It is heartbreaking to lose one of our officers. We collectively mourn for his family and the entire department,”
[...]
Police tape cordons off where investigators are collecting evidence strewn along the 800 block of Clay Avenue. It’s there several rounds were fired at Stewart before Smith shot himself, a statement
[...]
read.
Flagstaff officers initially said another suspect was being sought in connection to the college town shooting where Northern Arizona University is located.

Stewart attended Concordia College in Irving, California and graduated from Boulder Creek High School in Anthem, Arizona.
SOURCE
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...aff-officer-critical-after-shooting/20945789/

Aw man, he looks like a guy who smiled and laughed a lot; someone who was proud of and satisfied with his life. Domestics are the worst for our PD/SD here. This is one of the primary reasons they dread them and go in pairs. Way too young for this shitty fate. :(

It's so sad to hear he had to die like this at such a young age. I hope his family are able to make his death in to something positive and realize he is forever young and their guardian angel now.

14sz288.jpg

Tyler Stewart​
[...]
rookie Arizona cop has been killed after being shot in the face while investigating a domestic violence call
[...]
The shooting suspect is dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound after Officer Tyler Stewart activated an emergency button alerting his patrol of a dire situation, police spokeswoman Sgt. Margaret Bentzon told
[...]
The 24-year-old officer was new to the agency, having joined earlier this year. He was at a home investigating a prior reports of domestic abuse.
[...]
believed Stewart exchanged fire with the alleged gunman, Prescott resident Robert W. Smith, 28, at 1:30 p.m. Saturday.

Attempts to get a verbal response from Stewart, shortly after the alert, failed
[...]
He was found in critical condition and taken to Flagstaff Medical Center, but died of his injuries.
[....]
Death happened as Flagstaff Police Chief Kevin Treadway was out of the office until early next year, but he drafted a brief statement after news of Stewart’s death emerged.

Flagstaff Mayor Jerry Nabours said his city is in mourning at the agency’s loss.

“It is heartbreaking to lose one of our officers. We collectively mourn for his family and the entire department,”
[...]
Police tape cordons off where investigators are collecting evidence strewn along the 800 block of Clay Avenue. It’s there several rounds were fired at Stewart before Smith shot himself, a statement
[...]
read.
Flagstaff officers initially said another suspect was being sought in connection to the college town shooting where Northern Arizona University is located.

Stewart attended Concordia College in Irving, California and graduated from Boulder Creek High School in Anthem, Arizona.
SOURCE
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...aff-officer-critical-after-shooting/20945789/
the most dangerous calls are the domestic violence ones

the most dangerous calls are the domestic violence ones
my fingers move faster then my brain sometime I meant to post that an thought I had lol
I was watching a docu not to long ago and they had the stats up on screen and domestic calls are the worst for cops
as soon as I saw this before I even posted it that popped into my head

I'm surprised the officer let him put his hands in his pockets at any point. I thought that was standard practice for cops to never let a persons hands out of their sight.

"Uncertain what to do, Stewart called his father, Sgt Frank Stewart, to ask him when he could enter a residence without a warrant"

Scary an officer wouldn't know this himself. Sounds like this dept or the state or whoever is in charge of training officers needs to re-evaluate their education programs. Between this lack of basic law knowledge and allowing a suspect to keep hands buried deep, seems something needs changed when it comes to spinning young officers up. What a pathetic failure of Arizona and this dept.

Dude was too nice. So unfortunate it couldn't have been one of these trigger happy douchebag prick cops that was responding to this call. This shithead woulda been dead before a single knuckle showed itself outside of those pockets.

If the footage of this asswipe offing himself was captured on the cops camera, they should release it, make this story at least slightly less hopeless and depressing for the public.

Back