• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
COFr-p0WcAAy5Dq_1441404688311_23636434_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

(KSHB41) --- This is a developing story. We will update with details as they become available.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Police found two dead bodies in a home near 20th and Van Brunt after responding to a call to check on the welfare of the home's residents.

The Division of Family Services officials were knocking on the door after reports that a baby was crying inside the residence, but no one came to the door. They then called police.

Officers found the bodies of a man and a woman, both around 30 years old.

Police said the infant had no obvious signs of injury, but emergency responders transported the baby to the hospital to make sure.

KCFD checked the home for air quality. Their investigation found that the home was without power, and crews found a generator in the garage that was not running. It is unclear if this information was a factor in the deaths.

The Kansas City Fire Department was called to the scene to check the air quality.

The cause of death was not immediately clear, but police are calling the deaths suspicious.

It is also unclear how long the baby was unattended or how long the man and women have been dead.

KCPD was awaiting a warrant so officers could search the home as part of the continuing investigation.

Police ask anyone with information that may assist their investigation to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...an-brunt-suspicious-infant-found-alive-inside

Crying baby girl leads police to 2 bodies
KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) - A distraught baby led to the grisly discovery of two bodies inside a Kansas City home.

Police Chief Darryl Forte initially said the deaths appear to be suspicious. Authorities said the power had been cut to the residence and there was a generator inside the garage. Firefighters did check the air quality but detailed information hasn't been released.

About 2:30 p.m. Friday, social workers had gone to the home at 2029 Van Brunt Blvd. to check on the welfare of a family. Social workers could hear the crying baby girl, but no one answered the door. Social workers then alerted police.

Once there, officers forced their way into the home and discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

Family members say the dead woman is the baby's mother. The baby is about two months old.

The baby girl was taken to Children's Mercy Hospital to be checked out. Forte said the infant is OK.

Kaye McClenton believes her daughter, Renita Crutchville Ramirez, is the woman who died. The sobbing woman waited for answers Friday night.

"I want to see what's going on with my daughter at her house. "We're all trying to find out what happened," she said.

She said she believes the dead man is the father of her granddaughter.

my baby screams all day long and allll nite LONGGGGG lol i wonder why noones come to check on us!? guess we arent that special! sooooooooooooo happpy to hear that baby is unharmed!!! the title scared me i was thinking the worst of the worst

I'm guessing murder suicide. Just glad they left the baby alive. I would have though that a problem with the air, like carbon monoxide poisoning, the baby would have been most vulnerable and passed away first. Unless one part of the house was closer to the leak?

Need more details.

Authorities said the power had been cut to the residence and there was a generator inside the garage. Firefighters did check the air quality but detailed information hasn't been released.
With the baby alive, I think this is probably unrelated to the deaths. Even if they had been closer to "bad air", th ebaby was in there, alive for much longer and would have more than likely succumbed anyway.

I vote either murder-suicide or OD's.

I am Re's best friend and NO its not a murder /suicide. ..they lived for their children.
I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend.

Are there any theories as to what did happen?

Oh, and please try not to be offended by our random theories that we put out there, if you surf around this site you'll see how we've come to think the worst in about every situation.

Posted September 5, 2015...

Two found dead inside KCMO home leave behind nine children [VIDEO]

5911028_1441457454.2592_r.jpg.cf.jpg

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Autopsies are underway for a man and a woman found dead inside a home on the city’s east side Friday. Family members identify them as Renitta Crutchfield and Leo Wagers, a couple in their 30’s.

“It’s just a hard time we are all trying to figure out what happened,” said Maya McClenton, who is Crutchfield’s sister. “It’s just a time we are all going to have to come together.”

Police said there was no obvious cause of death and are calling the deaths suspicious. Officers were called to the home on a welfare check. Police said the division of family services were knocking on the door then they heard a baby crying, and grew concerned with nobody came to the door.

Beverly Hunt, Wager’s mom, said her son loved his children. Family said the couple leaves behind nine children, two of which they shared together.

Investigators said the fire department came to the scene to check the home’s air quality. Crews discovered the home had no power and a generator was inside the garage. They said they are unsure at this time if it has anything to do with the deaths. Some family members told FOX 4 they suspect foul play.

“They baby was fine,” said Hunt. “Nothing happened to the baby, that’s all I can figure is it must be foul play.”

McClenton said the family started a GoFundMe page to help pay for funeral services. To donate click here.

Investigators told FOX 4 on Saturday they won’t know the cause of death until the toxicology tests are complete, which could take up to a month. At last check, officers were hopeful the 2-month old baby girl would be okay.

View video here.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend.

Are there any theories as to what did happen?

Oh, and please try not to be offended by our random theories that we put out there, if you surf around this site you'll see how we've come to think the worst in about every situation.
I don't get offended by non truths. They did have haters from their past...but no we have no clue what happened yet. They were good parents and did their best to make a better life for their children. Saturday is her services. ..remember them in your prayers and be thankful for what you have.

don't get offended by non truths. They did have haters from their past...but no we have no clue what happened yet.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

I want to personally apologize for the theories that I presented. Many people come here full of pain an danger and tend to take it out on us, you have done nothing of the sort.

Please accept my apology and speaking for myself (maybe a few others), please come back and keep us posted. I will certainly keep your friends' children, families and other loved ones in my prayers.

With the baby alive, I think this is probably unrelated to the deaths. Even if they had been closer to "bad air", th ebaby was in there, alive for much longer and would have more than likely succumbed anyway.

I vote either murder-suicide or OD's.
I'm going with overdoses.

Is there a reason a 3 year old thread is being bumped? I looked on line and didn't see any further stories of September 2015.

Back