• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2dgw7xg.jpg

Nathan Channing​
[...]
Colorado man wielding a banana probably should have just split.
[....]
Nathan Channing, 27, was sent to Mesa County Jail after he pointed the piece of fruit at two sheriff’s officers
[...]
pretended it was a gun.

The suspect, who ironically is from Fruitvale, Colo., told the officers he was a comedian that makes YouTube videos, but the authorities were not laughing,
[....]
The officers wrote in the police report they feared for their safety despite observing the supposed weapon was yellow.

"I immediately ducked in my patrol car and accelerated continuing northbound, fearing that it was a weapon," Officer Joshua Bunch wrote in the report
[....]
"Based on training and experience, I have seen handguns in many shapes and colors and perceived this to be a handgun."
The bad joke actually turned into quite a dangerous scene as the other officer, Donald Love, was about to pull out his gun before Channing screamed, "It's a banana!"
[...]
The suspect told police he was prepping to make a comedy video and thought the stunt would "lighten the holiday spirit,"
[...]
The comedian, who does not have a YouTube channel in his name, now has a new audience to entertain — his fellow inmates at county jail.
[...]
received $10,000 bail on a charge of suspicion of felony menacing, the newspaper reported. The charge carries a maximum of three years in jail and $100,000 fine.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-arrested-pointing-banana-cops-gun-article-1.2024758
his fb
wu2rrm.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nate.channing?fref=browse_search

"I immediately ducked in my patrol car and accelerated continuing northbound, fearing that it was a weapon," Officer Joshua Bunch wrote in the report
[....]
"Based on training and experience, I have seen handguns in many shapes and colors and perceived this to be a handgun."

The bad joke actually turned into quite a dangerous scene as the other officer, Donald Love, was about to pull out his gun before Channing screamed, "It's a banana!"

Did he miss the next day of training were they explained what to do after you identify a potential weapon? Or is fleeing, leaving another cop alone in perceived danger, also in the manual?

Felony menacing? Sounds a bit extreme.

That said, hopefully he does it again and gets shot to death. Youtube "comedians" are some of the worst people on the planet.

Latest posts

Back