• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
54t7y9.jpg

Nancy Tsai faces charges after allegedly spending millions of dollars belonging to an elderly woman who has Alzheimer's disease.​
She was living the luxurious lifestyle of a Palm Beach multi-millionaire, buying a $2.3 million beachfront penthouse and a $170,000 Bentley.
However, investigators said Nancy Tsai was not a wealthy socialite, just a con artist who allegedly defrauded a 92-year-old woman with Alzheimer’s disease out of millions of dollars.
[....]
the elderly victim amended her living will in 2013 to give Tsai control over her trust account, despite the fact that she was suffering from dementia, and her doctor determined she had “zero mental capacity.”
[....]
Tsai not only bought the penthouse, but spent more than $569,000 renovating and furnishing it. According to the arrest affidavit, Tsai claimed the penthouse was bought to provide lodging for the elderly woman’s 24-hour medical staff once she was released from assisted living.

Tsai also apparently had expensive tastes, dining out and racking up hefty bills at the finest restaurants on Palm Beach. Tsai spent more than $7,000 at Café L’Europe and $3,000 at Chez Jean Pierre, eating out on the elderly woman’s dime. Tsai also allegedly bought flights to and from New York City and even chartered a Lear jet to Toronto for nearly $30,000.

Palm Beach police arrested Tsai, who is now charged with exploitation of an elderly person and larceny.
http://www.wpbf.com/news/nancy-tsai...s-money-police-say/25625530?hpt=ju_bn1#!FNOo3

as a geriatrics nurse that works with 36 residents everyday (nights now actually) this is the type of person that gives us a bad name sometimes
I know where I work we love our residents and treat them as we would our parents

Well you know, @Whisper, not everybody is as sweet and loving as you are. Some folks see their job as a way to get close to vulnerable people and take advantage of them. If she could have only controlled herself, she could have lived well for years, instead she had to and get hog wild crazy and, of course, someone noticed!

Holy shit! Smh how does one sleep at night? Apparently on luxury sheets, with a mind free of guilt?? Wtf. Not only was this poor woman 92 years old, she suffered from dementia... takes a special kind of evil to take advantage of an elderly person.

I think our prison system should list ones crimes on their ID's. Wonder how long she would last in prison with everyone knowing why she's there? Hell holds a special place for people who commit crimes against kids and the elderly- she cant get there soon enough...

Holy shit! Smh how does one sleep at night? Apparently on luxury sheets, with a mind free of guilt?? Wtf. Not only was this poor woman 92 years old, she suffered from dementia... takes a special kind of evil to take advantage of an elderly person.

I think our prison system should list ones crimes on their ID's. Wonder how long she would last in prison with everyone knowing why she's there? Hell holds a special place for people who commit crimes against kids and the elderly- she cant get there soon enough...
Totally agree! What a waste of human flesh!

But don't worry, while crimes aren't listed on IDs, a few of me and my fellow COs "accidentally" supply that information to other inmates. You reap what u sow.....

The caretaker for my great grandpa did this. Well, kinda. When he passed away, she took everything from his house and sold it and claimed he told her she could.
No, he didn't.
Then emptied his bank accounts.
Then put the money down on some huge farm.
She ended up stealing over 5 million from him.
Then she had the nerve to show up at his funeral LATE. On the phone!
I was so pissed.

Either way, they're pressing charges against her now, but she did this to 3 other families, so the chances of us ever seeing a dime of that money is slim. But hopefully she goes to prison for a long time.

Back