• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
Sheriff's detectives have arrested two men in connection with the alleged rape, kidnapping, and serious injury of a Cumberland County woman.

Deputies said on April 7, Joshua Horne and Josue Delvillar picked the victim up from her home. The victim knew the suspects through their attendance at a school for the deaf.

When the victim found out they were planning to leave Cumberland County, she asked to be returned home, authorities said.

Horne, from Nashville, N.C., and Delvillar, from Raleigh, allegedly ignored the victim's request and forced her to go to Raleigh with them. The victim was sexually assaulted, according to deputies.

Officials said the suspects also took money from the victim.

When Horne and Delvillar returned the victim to her home, authorities said she fell from the vehicle and was run over by the fleeing suspects.

The victim sustained serious injuries and was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center and then to UNC Hospital. She remains hospitalized, but her condition is unknown.

Horne and Delvillar are being charged with kidnapping, rape, robbery, and felony hit and run, among other charges.

They are being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center.
http://abc11.com/news/police-cumberland-woman-raped-robbed-run-over/682676/

WTF???? nowadays you casn't seem to trust your so called friends, acquaintances, coworkers or co school goers. Hope they throw the book at these worthless pieces of garbage and make an example out of them but with SC I doubt it will happen

Assuming they use their hands to communicate, I say cut their fucking hands off. And pull out their tongues so they can't even try and speak.

With no sign language interpreter available, the first appearance for two deaf men accused in a rape and kidnapping case was delayed for a day.

Joshua Horne, 25, and Josua Del Villar, 24, were arrested over the weekend in their Nashville, N.C., and Raleigh homes.

The men are charged in connection with the sexual assault of a former deaf school classmate that allegedly took place earlier this month.

Appearing before Judge David Hasty on Monday, the men used sign language to indicate they could go through with the first appearance. Del Villar passed several notes to Hasty, writing that he was already being represented by a public defender for another charge related to the case.

Hasty asked the District Attorney's Office for their recommendation in proceeding with the first appearance. To ensure the rights of the accused, the D.A.'s office requested the hearing be delayed to Tuesday when a sign language interpreter would be available.

Authorities have charged Horne with first-degree rape and first-degree kidnapping. Del Villar faces second-degree rape, first-degree kidnapping, and felony hit and run charges.

The two also face conspiracy and common law robbery charges.

Investigators said on the evening of April 7, the victim made plans to go out with the pair, and told her family she'd be back by a certain time. When she found out the pair was taking her to Raleigh, she objected, authorities said. Somewhere between Cumberland and Wake Counties, investigators believe the young woman was raped in the vehicle, then taken back to her home where she fell out of the car. That's when investigators said Del Villar ran over her.

When the woman did not return home at the expected time, her family called authorities. Those family members were also home in the wee hours of April 8 when the victim returned home.

The woman was initially flown to UNC for her injuries, but returned to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where she remained hospitalized as recently as Friday. Her injuries include a number of broken bones, authorities said.

Family speaks out

In attendance to the courthouse Monday was Del Villar's mother, father, and brother. They traveled from Raleigh to better understand the charges, they said.

Manny Del Villar said authorities picked his brother and his car up from their Raleigh home on Saturday evening, but the family thought Josua faced assault with a deadly weapon charges for the running the victim over in front of her home.

He said they learned of the other charges when they saw a story about the arrest on the news.

"Obviously, I wasn't there," said Manny Del Villar. "I don't know everything that happened, so I can't...but what I can tell you is that rape part, kidnapping part, that robbery part...that's not true."
Del Villar said the three were friends when they graduated several years ago from the Eastern North Carolina School for the Deaf in Wilson.

He said Horne's family told him Horne and the victim used to date, and the friends communicated via text and video conference. He also said the three had planned an outing on the evening of April 7.

While authorities said the kidnapping charges stem from the fact that the victim told the pair she did not want to go to Raleigh, Del Villar said the fact that Horne and his brother took her back to her home makes him question the charges.

"How does one go to where she lives and then drop her off again, you know?" he asked. What kind of kidnapping is that, you know?"

Del Villar said he thought whatever happened during the outing was consensual given the friends' histories.

"I just want to let people there are two sides to the story," he said.
http://abc11.com/news/court-delayed-for-men-accused-of-rape-kidnapping/684340/

Cape Fear Valley Medical Center

Sounds like an appropriate name considering. All I can picture now is Robert De Niro's face as the water slowly engulfs him in that last scene.

It's filthy, nasty shitbags like this that are yet another reason if I ever have son(s) I'm going to make certain they understand that women are equal beings and are to be respected and protected, not used and abused. Whenever I hear of assholes behaving like this I can't help but wonder what example their mother and/or father set, if any. It's disgusting how many men rape or WOULD if they felt they could get away with it. Freaks me the fuck out. Pigs.

Yep, that's actually exactly what I was thinking of when I said that. Not a fun thing to find out as a woman. :eek:

Wasn't there an SNL skit or something that showed a woman sitting between two guys and they said something like, "Look to your right and left. Ladies, statistically, one of these two men WILL rape you." Funny at the time, but not when you find out how true that might be. o_O

Last edited:
Obviously, I wasn't there," said Manny Del Villar. "I don't know everything that happened, so I can't...but what I can tell you is that rape part, kidnapping part, that robbery part...that's not true."
So, you weren't there, but you know the truth? I sure hope Manny shows up here to pull our collective other leg!

It's cases like these where the scum should be thankful to some hire power and the cops the family didn't get them first. Unspeakable how terrified that girl must have been. I wish we could make them feel that fear.
Do they make special accommodations for the deaf in jail @Forensicwx
That is kind of a tough question. The Americans with Disabilities Act says that any institution receiving any sort of federal funding or assistance at all (city/county jails and state run prisons) must provide deaf and hard of hearing inmates with the same basic available assistance as the hearing. So classes, rehabilitation, work opportunities, any sort of 'program' a normal inmate can. There are interpreters available, IF that person requests it. We attempt to house our hearing impaired together, second only to gang affiliation.

The flip side of that coin is, day to day life, out in the yard, they r pretty much on their own. These guys in this thread are obviously fairly well educated, but we have an inmate that his only language is ASL, he doesn't "speak" English, nor can he read it. So written signs or pictures do him no good. The officers that deal with him have learned bare minimum signs for basics, food, lights out, cell search, etc, but that was also because they CHOSE to, out of frustration. Or out of the goodness of their hearts because the have sympathy for him/them.

I find it needless to say, but the same way someone of substandard intelligence or suffering from mental illness fairs within our prisons, the deaf are targeted by other inmates.

The best way I have always thought of it, is imagining myself locked up in a Chinese prison. My interpreter would help me with basic legal or medical stuff, but the rest of the time, I'd be lost.....

Last edited:
"How does one go to where she lives and then drop her off again, you know?" he asked. What kind of kidnapping is that, you know?"

Del Villar said he thought whatever happened during the outing was consensual given the friends' histories.

What kind of kidnapping is that? The kind where the victim is dumped and then run over. Does it really matter where? Do you think she consented to that?

Yep, that's actually exactly what I was thinking of when I said that. Not a fun thing to find out as a woman. :eek:

Wasn't there an SNL skit or something that showed a woman sitting between two guys and they said something like, "Look to your right and left. Ladies, statistically, one of these two men WILL rape you." Funny at the time, but not when you find out how true that might be. o_O
That was family guy

What kind of kidnapping is that? The kind where the victim is dumped and then run over. Does it really matter where? Do you think she consented to that?
If they didn't do anything wrong, why didn't they see her to the door, instead of leaving so fast that they ran her over?

Latest posts

Back