• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
SWAT officers in Yulee are trying to negotiate with a suspect who allegedly ran over a man in a Walmart parking lot and shot it out with deputies.

[...], the suspect is now held up in his home in the Nassau Lakes subdivision.

The alleged crime spree started in the parking lot of a Walmart[...]the suspect used his car to run over a man in the parking lot. The suspect then jumped out and assaulted the victim, Lueders said.

After the assault, the suspect allegedly fired shots at three witnesses trying to follow him as he fled the scene. No one was hit[...]The suspect drove to a home nearby and exchanged shots with responding deputies[...]SWAT was called to the scene and are now negotiating his surrender.

The parking lot victim was air-lifted to UF Health with life-threatening injuries.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...lmart-parking-lot-shooting-standoff/17273549/

So Mr Valasca and I were heading there anyway to pick up his mediation. A coworker hits me up on message asking what was going on.
We get there and another cowroker tells me the story. All i know is that the victim is a regular but I can't quite place who she's talking about.
There are 2 sections of the parking lot blocked with tape. No one may leave the grocery side. That means none of our workers can even get to their cars.
Another coworker said she heard 15 shots. Considering the source, I believe her.

So far SWAT is still negotiating.

Time to get that Concealed Weapons Permit. Yulee is getting gangsta.

hope they get the right guy and noone else :(
Right? From what I'm hearing, several people witnessed it including our assembly guy. The assembly guy even tried to stop the driver.
I have not yet talked to the assembly guy so i don't know if it's true.
But it appears the victim knew his assailant.

Well. The victim was the dad to a co-workers friend. She saw the whole thing.
that's so horrible. Fking wingnut freaks are abounding lately. Guess the counseling and drugs aren't working well. At least he saved the state some money and time by doing the right thing. The added potential explosive devices were scary and showed kinda what bend of mind he was already starting to pursue. If I were in a Walyworld when soemthing started to come down I would head as fast as possible [hobbling right now as I just left there] to the sportinggood section bust a couple of display windows and arm myself with gun and shells then hide in one of the under storage areas to be safe [unless it looked like people were getting hurt and I might be able to do something good]

I have attended two different volunteer meetings concerning what to do in case of a shooter on the premises. This is real sad sign of the times.

So I know how to hold a grudge but this guy has me beat!
The suspect, identified as Allen James Fourtunia, 59, blamed the victim for losing his job at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in Brunswick and had previously made death threats against him, former coworkers told investigators with the Nassau County Sheriff's Office.
[...]
A recording of a 911 call by Fourtunia was released Wednesday. In the call, Fourtunia says he wants the operator to make sure than man he killed in the parking lot was Swan.
"Cause, I want you to confirm to me that the person that I killed in the Walmart parking lot was Steve Swan. I can't live with myself if I thought I killed sombody that wasn't him. When you find that out call me back," Fourtunia told the operator.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...lmart-parking-lot-shooting-standoff/17273549/

I don't know why my co-worker lied about seeing the whole thing. She knew it happened, but it took her awhile to figure out who it was. Usually I confront liars. This time? Not gonna. It's feasible she saw video, but I don't think so.

Anyway, turns out our assembly guy is a bad ass. Dale witnessed it all. His kid Luke works in carts. So when Mr Swan went flying... eh, no pun intended at all... he thought it was Luke. Dale immediately called 911 while jogging over there to witness Fourtunia stomping and pummeling Mr Swan. Dale is the reason the man stopped his attack. Dale stepped in front of the car to try to stop the man. The driver was heading straight for Dale, so Dale rolled over someone else's hood. Rambo. Dale is in his late 50s, early 60s. He told me his age once, but I forget.

So I saw Fourtunia's mugshot from a prior. I do recognize the guy, but I can't pinpoint. I THINK I've talked to him.
Mr. Swan... his picture tickles a memory, but I can't place him.
Oh, and Fourtunia called 911 to tell his story and to ask if he killed Mr Swan.
http://m.actionnewsjax.com/videos/news/911-call-in-yulee-murder-suicide/vCxbHJ/

http://m.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/authorities-man-snapped-former-supervisor-yulee/nhjz5/
Oh. And while they are listing his prior Baker Act, they say he "snapped." Fucking dumbasses. People DO NOT SNAP.

Last edited:
Horrible. You think you are going shopping for groceries, minding your own business ........

I am going to hell. I want to insert something about "singing your swan song"; but I am sure Mr Swan's family don't need to hear that.

I totally read the title as, "My Wal-Mart had some excrement." (No coffee yet)
But I was thinking, they all do. It's known as "the shit on the shelves".

It doesn't sound like he "snapped", it sounds like his history was of instability. A "Baker Act" and an injuction during a divorce? Sounds like he's had issues for quite some time but this time he just took things to a new level of crazy.

An injuction is a restraining order, right?

So. Our Asset Pretection (AP) was the first one to reach the victim. AP says he froze. He knew what to do but couldn't. Mr Swan was coughing up blood.
AP feels horrid that he couldn't do anything. They are sending him to a psychologist, but AP doesn't want to go.
I don't blame AP. probably not much he could do without causing Mr Swan more damage.

Somebody put up the info where and when Mr Swan's funeral is held. Brace yourselves, I think that's too morbid. Sure, he was a regular, but we didn't KNOW him. None of us should be there except for the 2 that knew him since they were little girls.

Back