• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Marv

Trusted Member
A male passenger was caught groping a woman's breast for five minutes while she slept on a recent British Airways flight from London to San Francisco, police said.

The woman, who hasn't been identified, was napping when Vinay Pochampally, reached over from behind, placed his hand down her shirt and made 'skin-to-skin contact' while other passengers watched, according to a U.S. District Court criminal complaint.
[...]

The man's hand was 'underneath the passenger's shirt and undergarments for approximately four to five minutes, making skin-to-skin contact in the breast and upper chest area.'

When the victim woke up to find Pochampally fondling her, he quickly removed his hand and fled down the aisle of the aircraft.

According to the criminal complaint, 'multiple passengers witnessed the incident' and told attendants what had happened. It appears no one attempted to stop the alleged assault as it occurred, however.

British Airways staff confronted Pochampally upon learning of the molestation from passengers, police said.

They ordered him to move to a different seat for the remainder of the 10-hour trip and contacted law enforcement upon landing at San Francisco International airport.

Pochampally was charged with simple assault in a misdemeanor complaint filed Tuesday in San Francisco federal court. It's not clear if Pochampally is a U.S. citizen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tish-Airways-flight-London-San-Francisco.html

Fucking pervert, and it looks like some people liked the show, un fucking believable that nobody said anything.

I would've chased after him and kicked him in the teeth.
I would have also NOT slept through getting my boobs touched, I can't be alone here??

"Enough is ENOUGH! I have had it with these motherfuckin' perverts on this motherfuckin' plane! Everybody strap in! I'm about to open some fuckin' windows."
Wow I just realized you can take any quote from snakes on a plane and replace snakes with perverts and it will fit this article perfect.

"Enough is ENOUGH! I have had it with these motherfuckin' perverts on this motherfuckin' plane! Everybody strap in! I'm about to open some fuckin' windows."
Wow I just realized you can take any quote from snakes on a plane and replace snakes with perverts and it will fit this article perfect.
Too funny!!

I would have also NOT slept through getting my boobs touched, I can't be alone here??
Maybe she took something for anxiety before the flight. I have to take xannax before I fly because I have PTSD with a related anxiety disorder and and don't want to wind up on the news as the crazy bitch who hyperventilated and uncontrolably sobbed caused the flight to have to be stopped lol.

Maybe she took something for anxiety before the flight. I have to take xannax before I fly because I have PTSD with a
That was what I was about to say too KK... I have only flown a couple of times and took something for anxiety first.. it does make you sleep. However, I'm confidant that my friend, who was beside me on both flights would have knocked the shit out of this guy or at least summoned someone who could.

That was what I was about to say too KK... I have only flown a couple of times and took something for anxiety first.. it does make you sleep. However, I'm confidant that my friend, who was beside me on both flights would have knocked the shit out of this guy or at least summoned someone who could.
It is scary isn't it. I worried about something happening to me while sleeping on the plane the second time I flew because I wound up flying alone. I told the stewardess so she would be aware of my situation. But groping never even crossed my mind I was worried we would crash and I would sleep through the it and not be able to try and save myself for my kids. I have also only flown a couple times because of my anxiety.

It is scary isn't it.
Very.. I'm a firm believer that I'm tempting fate every time I leave the ground in a plane anyway. Not sure if I could stand to fly alone. And I never would have thought of this factor, which is a bit surprising to me, as I did consider that as a factor when I took Greyhound... which fortunately for me, I haven't had to do since I started driving years ago.

Fucking pervert, and it looks like some people liked the show, un fucking believable that nobody said anything.
we live in a society because we all look after each other. How could anybody let that happen?
Pochampally was charged with simple assault in a misdemeanor complaint filed Tuesday in San Francisco federal court.
is that all they charged him? ... how about sexual harrasment?... I wish I have a legal lexicon...

Very.. I'm a firm believer that I'm tempting fate every time I leave the ground in a plane anyway. Not sure if I could stand to fly alone. And I never would have thought of this factor, which is a bit surprising to me, as I did consider that as a factor when I took Greyhound... which fortunately for me, I haven't had to do since I started driving years ago.
I laughed so hard at the greyhound because i thought the same way when i took it. I think it was because majority of the people on the bus were a lot creepier looking and the bus station freaked me the hell out.

Where was he planning on running to on a plane?

Maybe to the bathroom to finish what he started.... Though I'm shocked nobody even spoke up for the lady. I mean I dont expect all the passengers to be as bold as Taxidermi but seriously to just sit there and ignore it that's just cowardly.

Who the fuck sleeps thru that ??.........But, it was just a breast, not like he was fist deep in the pie hole............

we live in a society because we all look after each other. How could anybody let that happen?
I've been reading about this.. the theory is, the more people are present, the more diluted the feeling of responsibility to the act becomes, which is what leads to no one acting. They came up with this in relation to the Kitty Genovese rape and murder in which 38 people heard her screaming but no one called it in to cops thinking that surely someone else would deal with it.

The Kitty Genovese story, in regard to the lack of community response is a myth.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/16/book-reveals-real-story-behind-the-kitty-genovese-murder/
Wonder if that idea has been disproven then? That with more people present they are less likely to act? In the book (published in 2013)I was reading, they'd backed it up with further studies about group mentality in relation to the likelihood someone would act. Definitely makes you think.

Wonder if that idea has been disproven then? That with more people present they are less likely to act? In the book (published in 2013)I was reading, they'd backed it up with further studies about group mentality in relation to the likelihood someone would act. Definitely makes you think.

I am speaking of the specific Kitty Genovese incident. Psychologists and sociologists are on par with voodoo witch doctors and snake oil salesmen as far as I am concerned.

Even the article Mr Bondurant linked mentions the "bystander effect". It is real, though Kitty Genovese's case is not the best example of it:

The effects of the Genovese murder were vast, including the adoption of good Samaritan laws nationwide, and the discovery of the bystander effect, which showed that people are unlikely to help someone if they think others are available to do so.

I should mention that it is my impression that the bystander effect is stronger in public places full of strangers. Obviously Mr Ross was no use to Ms Genovese, but the person who did the most for her was a friend. This was her local area. Some of the people who witnessed the crime would have recognised her, which would on the whole make it more likely that they act.

Back