• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
She never came home.

The body of a missing 88-year-old woman was found Tuesday on the roof of a building across the street from her Brooklyn house, police said.

Mary Joyce-Bonsignore was found about 11:45 a.m. by a resident of a building on Cropsey Ave. near Bay 19th St. in Bath Beach.

She had disappeared on July 17, sparking a wave of concern through her close-knit church parish and a series of volunteer searches.

"I'm a little numb right now,” said her daughter Maire Mason, as she waited to be allowed up to identify the body. “I haven't even identified the body yet. I don't really want to say anything until I see her and it's her.”

Friend Tim Haggerty, 69, said Bonsignore’s husband Bobby was devoted to her.

article-missing2-0725.jpg

Mary Joyce-Bonsignore's grandson, Conor Coyne, and Maire Mason, daughter of Bonsignore, reflect on their loss outside the building where she died.
(DAVID WEXLER/FOR NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)
“She was the joy of his life,” Haggerty said. “He trusts in God that she's already in heaven."

Her body bore no sign of injuries or assault, police said. Cops do not view her death as suspicious.

The city Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death.

Friends of the beloved woman speculated over what happened.

“She accidentally went up the steps, thinking that this was her building,” said neighbor Samantha Fasanello, 24. “Once she got up there she was trapped up there. The door locked."

article-missing4-0725.jpg

Mary Joyce-Bonsignore was found dead on the roof of the apartment building.
(DAVID WEXLER/FOR NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)
Fasanello, a paraprofessional, said Joyce-Bonsignore was stricken with dementia and wandered off frequently.

Missing Brooklyn woman found dead under blanket in Bronx

“We caught her so many times,” Fasanello said. “It's just scary you know? How could no one see something like that?”

Israel Martinez, 70, the man who found Joyce-Bonsignore’s body, said he was searching for the source of maggots in his second-floor apartment.

“I opened (the door to the roof) and when I pushed it I see a person laid down on the roof,” he said.

Scores of St. Finbar Catholic Church members in Bath Beach fanned out in in groups of 10 across Coney Island, Bensonhurst, Bay Ridge and Dyker Heights on Sunday to look for Bonsignore.

missing26n-2-web.jpg

She had disappeared on July 17, sparking a wave of concern through her close-knit church parish and a series of volunteer searches.
(COURTESY OF ESHA RAY)
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-woman-body-found-roof-home-article-1.3355340

Friends of the beloved woman speculated over what happened.

“She accidentally went up the steps, thinking that this was her building,” said neighbor Samantha Fasanello, 24. “Once she got up there she was trapped up there. The door locked."
This never should have happened.
I feel like the lock was installed on the wrong side of the door.
Wouldn't it be better to keep people off the roof rather than install a lock that keeps someone on the roof.

Why can't we put trackers on the elderly with dementia.
It would basically stop this from happening.

Israel Martinez, 70, the man who found Joyce Bonsignore’s body, said he was searching for the source of maggots
in his second-floor apartment.

Oh well this is nice considering all the stories we read here about filth and shit and maggots and it being an ordinary day.

Tracking devices for the elderly is a great idea @Sejanus ... like a help I can't get up button to go!

Back