1. Before creating a thread in the Reality Bites forums, please read the following guidelines so you do not risk the wrath of the administrators and possibly lose the privilege of creating threads. We want everyone to take part in spreading the shitty news, but let's do it in a way that keeps Morbid from fielding takedown notices.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you tried signing up and were receiving the following message: "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again." Please retry as this was being caused by an outdated plugin.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox
    Dismiss Notice

Mother Pleads Guilty To Smothering Infant Son

Discussion in 'Crimes Against Children' started by Morbid, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Morbid

Morbid Big Daddy Yum Yum Staff Member

Credit:
    $51,358.37
    OGDEN, Utah — I promise you that I am not looking for these dead\abused kid stories this morning, but I got one more. While in court before a judge answering to murder charges, 27-year-old Jewell Hendricks admitted she smothered her infant son. “Are you doing it because you are, in fact, guilty?â€￾ Second District Court Judge Michael DiRida asked Hendricks.*â€￾Yes, your honor,â€￾ Hendricks said, sobbing. Prosecutors say that Hendricks felt that the stress of being the new mother of premature twins could be substantially alleviated if she were short one kid. She liked 2-month-old Robert the least, so in January 2010, she covered his crying face with a sleeping bag and bear-hugged him until he stopped, then reportedly sat on his body for several hours. Robert would die from blunt force trauma to the head and smothering. Court documents stated Robert had a skull fracture, bruising on the head and arms, a broken collarbone and bleeding of the eye. As part of Hendricks’ plea deal, prosecutors dropped child abuse charges and will only recommend she serve 15 years in prison. She is scheduled to be sentenced Sept. 9 where her attorney plans on having a*psychologist*testify that Hendricks has the mental capacity of a 12-year-old. Which means her husband must have the mental capacity of an 8-year-old as he was outside of the courtroom telling reporters that Robert’s death was an accident. “I was there and I know how it happened,â€￾ Phil said. “It wasn’t her fault. It was nobody’s fault. Accidents do happen.â€￾ The Hendricks’s surviving son was given up for adoption and hopefully finds his way into the arms of a woman who doesn’t want to love him and squeeze him ’til he don’t move no more.
    This article is from The Dreamin' Demon, the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

More...

2. Kimberix

Kimberix Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $11,507.64
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.dese...onth-old-twin-son-to-death-sent-to-prison.amp
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 11, 2017 ---
    Got her 15 years

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  3. Keepalowprofile

Keepalowprofile Chartreuse Bold Member!

Credit:
    $109,531.83
    I wonder how she chose which one.

Eany meeny miney moe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kimberix

Kimberix Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $11,507.64
    He was probably the one cried the most

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stormcloud

Stormcloud Member

Credit:
    $999.89
    Family, yes. The surviving twin, undoubtedly. But herself? She killed a kid based on 'which one she liked the least'? The actual fuck, they were your *children*.

... and for the record, I believe the report and the detective more than her lawyer.

Lock it up, throw away the key.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Just Rose

Just Rose Active Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $6,993.63
    They both need to be Spade
    This is so fucking wrong
    So glad the other baby is out of their hands
    But shit ....IQ of a eight yr old
    Then Don't let these half wits have kids