• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Teri-Johnson.jpg

FRESNO, CA
– The mother and stepmother of a 12-year-old boy were arrested after police say they walked into a school cafeteria and assaulted two girls accused of bullying their son.

According to police, three carloads of people showed up to Cooper Academy earlier this month after they got sick of hearing about two girls, ages 12 and 13, bullying the 12-year-old boy.

The boy’s family say they have complained to school officials for months but the bullying has continued. So the family decided to confront the girls, and did so in the school’s cafeteria.

This confrontation turned physical and lead to the boy’s mother, Teri Johnson, and stepmother, Inez Hernandez, getting themselves arrested for assaulting the two girls. Both women were charged with conspiracy and misdemeanor willful cruelty to a child.

The women deny the accusations and are demanding that surveillance video be released.

“You will nowhere in that video see me or Inez anywhere near the little girls.That is against all my morals. The video will speak a thousand words,” Johnson said.…

Read more: http://www.dreamindemon.com#ixzz3VQAC52TD

Well, School Boards get off on thinking they're independent entities and are able to make their own rules and regs like the military does. I know, I've danced the Tango with ours many times over issues that didn't even effect my own kids. Sometimes it takes cases like this to make the news and get shit done. Same here with wanting to see the video.

School Boards get off on thinking they're independent entities and are able to make their own rules and regs like the military does.
I know my local school district has a "zero tolerance policy" on bullying but that they aren't very effective at uniformly applying that principle. They tend to make excuses on why certain children and teens should be allowed to be bullies and assholes (divorced parents, not a lot of money, athletes, etc.).

I've gone toe-to-toe a couple of times with the one principal over it as well. Zero tolerance means just that, nobody can do it. There isn't a special set of rules for "special" students. Could be something like that here because he was being bullied by girls, the school may not have done anything and figured as a boy, a future MAN, he should be able to handle himself.

I will add that I don't find that to be a good reason for two adults to go into the cafeteria to assault the girls. Violence begets violence for one thing and the other is how much worse they may have made this situation for the boy. First he was the boy bullied by girls and now he's the boy bullied by girls who's Mommy and Stepmommy fight his battles for him. Kids can absolutely be that cruel.

Or Lovers is what I was thinking
Ooo, didn't even think of that.

Their last names are different though, if they are married wouldn't they have the same last name just like a man and woman? Also, in that case aren't they both Mom and not Mom and Stepmom?

I get easily confused sometimes.

Ooo, didn't even think of that.

Their last names are different though, if they are married wouldn't they have the same last name just like a man and woman? Also, in that case aren't they both Mom and not Mom and Stepmom?
QUOTE]
Well if not married they wouldn't have the same last name and some same sex couples I have met do call themselves Mom and Step Mom cause she couldn't be stepdad right? I dunno either

Well, at least times have changed a little since my day.

Back in the 70s, my school's policy on bullying was for the teachers to call any kid who complained about it a sissy, lol. Needless to say, as a strategy for preventing bullying this was worse than useless.

Back in the day there were only three options to deal with bullies....

1. Get a much older friend or aquaintance to scare the shit out of them, perhaps with the aid of a damned good bashing.

2. Take out one of the bullies yourself when his friends are not there to back him up and it's one on one. If you have to use a weapon to be sure of taking him down, then so be it. Or do it VERY publicly.

3. Stop attending school altogether.

Obviously, no kid should have to resort to such steps. If there are effective anti-bullying measures in place, no kid should be driven to them.

But bullying is an ugly thing and if any kid of mine were on the recieving end of it, if the school couldn't or wouldn't stop it, and an approach to the parents didn't work, then if my kid's life is being traumatised by some scumbags, I'D scare the shit out of the bullies myself, after I'd directly warmed them off and if that warning was still ignored. I would never stand by helplessly whilst the life of any kid of mine was being made a living hell. I'd do whatever it took to make the bullying scum stop, though I'd try every correct and reasonable course of action first.

Fresno Police Lt. Joe Gomez said, "The little boy was there, too. He wasn't involved in the fight, but clearly he pointed out the two teenagers that were allegedly causing him problems."

The boy's mother, Teri Don Johnson, and stepmother, Inez Hernandez, were arrested for assaulting the two girls, though investigators say they didn't receive any notable injuries. The boy's 15-year-old sister also got involved.

Gomez said, "The 15-year-old sister was arrested for the felony charge of conspiracy, and also she assaulted a school official who was trying to break it up - probably pushed her back or punched her - and the little boy was also arrested for the conspiracy charge."
http://www.dreamindemon.com/2015/03/25/mom-stepmom-arested-assaulting-sons-alleged-bullies/

I have a real problem with them charging the boy with conspiracy for pointing out the kids who were bullying him. It's not his fault his parents acted that way. Charging him sets a dangerous precedent for other kids suffering bullying. He got 5 days suspension for it too and according to his mom, could be kicked out of the school.

Also, I don't get why they charged his sister for assaulting a school official when they can't even say what she did. "Probably pushed her back or punched her" isn't enough to get a conviction on any charge.

As for the two girls being assaulted, I have doubts that it was actually an assault and not just the kids feeling threatened, since they said neither had any notable marks and I'm pretty sure they would have gone over them head to toe trying to gather evidence against the moms. Plus they charged them with willful cruelty to a child, meaning they can't prove assault. It took two days for the police to arrest the moms. If it was an actual assault, the cops would have arrested them the very same day.

In the news articles there's other parents who have said their children were bullied and nothing was done.

Last Tuesday police got a call about two parents causing a disturbance on campus. When they arrived, they found distraught students and a staff member. Several people reported Johnson and Hernandez assaulted the teens. The mothers say they felt the school wasn't doing anything about the bullying but it was Hernandez' daughter who confronted the girls, not them.

A Fresno Unified School District representative said they did receive a bullying complaint prior to the incident and began an investigation which included interviewing both parties but it did not involve the two girls who were allegedly assaulted Tuesday.

[..]

Monday Johnson met with school district representatives about her son being suspended for conspirancy. She was also given the option to sign a waiver or take it to a hearing. She chose the hearing so her son is suspended until the school district decides whether or not he'll be expelled. Johnson is scheduled to appear in court on April 2nd
http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/st...ssault-at-cooper/36094/6c5up03Lm02rMLtV79ABEQ

HA! I posted too soon. I found this gem:

A heartbreaking phone call no parent ever wants to get. Teri Johnson says her 12-year-old son called crying from a school bathroom because two bullies were teasing him again. "They did say a lot of hurtful things concerning his weight. Saying that he doesn't have friends because he ate them all, that he looks like an old man, he's a dirty rat," said Johnson.

The teasing, according to Johnson, happened over months by a 12-year-old and 13-year-old girl. But Johnson says the March 17th phone call was the last straw. By that time she says administrators hadn't stepped in so she decided to take matters into her own hands.

[..]

That day Johnson, her family member Inez Hernandez and Brandon's 15-year-old half-sister were arrested. Police said several family members got into a verbal and physical argument with a school employee and the two girls. But after reviewing surveillance video, investigators believe Johnson and Hernandez might not be at fault.

"It's possible that there will be charges on other people not originally identified in the report," said Fresno Police Department Lt. Joe Gomez.

But not everyone in the family is in the clear. Brandon's 15-year-old half-sister might still be facing an assault charge.

"I stand behind my daughter one-hundred percent and I'm glad that she actually took that stand for her brother but it's sad that she's going to be charged with something. I think that's horrible," said Inez Hernandez, the mother of Brandon's 15-year-old half-sister.

Police said there were no visible injuries to the two young girls after the altercation. Detectives are still interviewing the almost 100 witnesses who saw the fight at the after school program.

http://abc7chicago.com/family/famil...school-to-confront-alleged-tormenters/570938/

I'm going to teach my boys that if they're ever in this situation where they're being bullied by girls, to be the bigger person and simply and politely call them a cunt, but ensure that nobody else hears them do it:D

Shit, can you imagine the poor detectives having to interview all those people and wade through a bunch of "Well he said..." "Nuh-uh, she said..." finger-pointing testimony? They'll go nuts.

Shit, can you imagine the poor detectives having to interview all those people and wade through a bunch of "Well he said..." "Nuh-uh, she said..." finger-pointing testimony? They'll go nuts.
So what are you saying Mr misogyny, that teenage girls are prone to drama? Lol! Just fuckin with ya:D

I had a girl's mom chase me around the outside of school with a bat once. I don't think anyone did shit to her for it. They may have said something like "Cathy, you're drunk, go home" and that was like 1992.

Anyway, these girls sound like horrible little bitches and I hope mom and step-mom scared the ever living shit out of them.

I'm still so happy to hear about a mom and step-mom both being concerned about the kid, I'm not real sure what the rest of the story is about. I've heard of many-a-trashy bitch getting into it with the ex's new squeeze at the school. This is pretty nice. I like it.

If I had ever heard of my boys bullying, picking on or just basically being a shit head to another kid, I would have beat the snot out of them. I definitely have no tolerance for bullying. I was bullied until I slapped the shit out of her and she never messed with me again, but I endure several years of it. Sometimes that's what it takes, making them realize that you're not going to take it anymore.

I'm going to teach my boys that if they're ever in this situation where they're being bullied by girls, to be the bigger person and simply and politely call them a cunt, but ensure that nobody else hears them do it:D

I have always been against the whole BOYS fighting GIRLS in any fashion.... That is until my sons were 12 and older... Unfortunately I learned just how mean and horrible girls can really be and although I hate the C... Word... I have also learned that some girls deserve it... I don't miss this part of my grown kids childhood..

I was once a 16 year old sister sticking up for my 11 year old brother, my brother was never picked on again, I really really hope they don't charge this girl.

I have always been against the whole BOYS fighting GIRLS in any fashion.... That is until my sons were 12 and older... Unfortunately I learned just how mean and horrible girls can really be
Ahh, that fine line of teaching your sons that hitting girls is WRONG but if a girl wants to throw punches like she's a grown man then it's a different story? I've had to start explaining that to my oldest son. He's not to hit females but he's also not to be some female's personal punching bag. Abuse goes both ways and both sexes can be victims, just because women don't have a penis doesn't mean they can't be aggressors and abusers.

It's a fine line, a very fine line.

Ahh, that fine line of teaching your sons that hitting girls is WRONG but if a girl wants to throw punches like she's a grown man then it's a different story? I've had to start explaining that to my oldest son. He's not to hit females but he's also not to be some female's personal punching bag. Abuse goes both ways and both sexes can be victims, just because women don't have a penis doesn't mean they can't be aggressors and abusers.

It's a fine line, a very fine line.

Yes a very fine line... My oldest was 12 "at the time..... A girl a lil bigger than him kept harassing him on the bus every day.. We tried reporting it.. Nothing helped... Well one after noon i received a phone call to pick up my son.. He was getting suspended because he punched her.... Well thank goodness for video cameras in the bus... It showed this girl walking to the front of the bus 3x and hitting my son in the head.. He ignored it the first 2x...thd 3rd .. He stood up and hit her back... They both got suspended.. But I'm sorry.. That's when my never hit girls morals went away... She deserved it...i feel my son still showed morals because he only hit her once.....she fell back and he just turned around and sat back down..

Last edited:
Back