• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

WEST PALM BEACH (CBS12) -- A pole dancing mom is at the center of a growing internet controversy this morning. Ashley Wright has posted video on YouTube of her pole dancing with her 2-year old on her back.
Some say that's irresponsible because even though the baby appears to be secure, there's always a chance she could fall! Others are upset, calling her a bad parent for exposing her toddler to such a risque idea.
Others are supportive of her dancing -- praising her strength and moves. So far the video has gotten about 250,000 hits on YouTube.Mom pole dances with child on her back

http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_24478.shtml?hot=4

Pole dancing does not equal stripping.
Worse things that mom could do with a child strapped to her back.

She's a self-absorbed attention-whore, plain and simple. With a heavy emphasis on the "whore." She only did it for the youtube views and 15 minutes of infamy. Now she can slither back into her hole and think of something else.

I thought it was beautiful. The babe was probably sleeping as I would guess this isn't the first time. She seems to be fairly secure on her Mom's back. I don't see anything wrong unless she goes upside down.

Well Hell, I thought she was on the pole at a strip club not an "exercise" pole dancing class.

Some people just need to get the fuck over it. Maybe get a hobby like knitting or something and stay the fuck out of everyone else's lives when they aren't doing anything wrong.

Last edited:
She's a self-absorbed attention-whore, plain and simple. With a heavy emphasis on the "whore." She only did it for the youtube views and 15 minutes of infamy. Now she can slither back into her hole and think of something else.

My apolgies if I WTF'd you over sarcasm, which I'm definitely hoping is the case. o_O

Having tried my hand at some pole dancing training, I must say, becoming proficient is pretty amazing. To do it with several lbs strapped to your back, throwing you off balance, is simply incredible.

Haters be hatin'.

Please tell me this is sarcasm. My crap blaster is waiting...

She didn't do anything outrageous and you can see she is watching to make sure she doesn't get the baby's foot trapped or squished between her body and the pole. Is there supposed to be something wrong with this?

ETA: Not an activity I could do with any of mine, but I have the coordination of a spastic rat and the grace of a sprayed cockroach. We'd all be in the ER if I tried that shit.

Last edited:
She didn't do anything outrageous and you can see she is watching to make sure she doesn't get the baby's foot trapped or squished between her body and the pole. Is there supposed to be something wrong with this?

What if she slips and falls upon her back, thus crushing the little bastard?

The same thing that happens if she slips and falls upon her child doing anything else. Should she never carry her child or give it piggy back rides?

Now come on. Anybody who reads my opinions here knows I'm about as far from being a misogynist as my pecker is from entering an inviting twat. If I posted a video of myself doing a bunch of athletic feats, people would be criticizing me for being narcissistic. I think the reason she made and posted the video was to get attention for herself, knowing there are plenty of guys who will watch almost anything that's in a bikini or something.

I guess it's all about intent. I thinks she just wanted to show off her body and get some internet fame to boot. And I think she purposely used the child to further draw attention to herself. I think it was done strictly for attention and not some other, more wholesome reason, such as, bonding with her child or something.

Or maybe the whole pole dancing theme just put a bad taste in my mind. I don't know.

Plus, I've never liked people who wear their child like a friggin' backpack. I always held my daughter in my arms or against my chest.

Last edited:
That wasn't like I thought it would be. I think it was more interpretive dance than pole dancing.

Beautiful.

I find it strange that anyone would watch that and then say she's an attention seeking stripper whore... unless they didn't watch it.

Now come on. Anybody who reads my opinions here knows I'm about as far from being a misogynist as my pecker is from entering an inviting twat. If I posted a video of myself doing a bunch of athletic feats, people would be criticizing me for being narcissistic. I think the reason she made and posted the video was to get attention for herself, knowing there are plenty of guys who will watch almost anything that's in a bikini or something.

I guess it's all about intent. I thinks she just wanted to show off her body and get some internet fame to boot. And I think she purposely used the child to further draw attention to herself. I think it was done strictly for attention and not some other, more wholesome reason, such as, bonding with her child or something.

Or maybe the whole pole dancing theme just put a bad taste in my mind. I don't know.

Plus, I've never liked people who wear their child like a friggin' backpack. I always held my daughter in my arms or against my chest.

Nope.
I'm calling bullshit.

For you to say "emphasis on whore" and then to agree with Bondarant's "Ignorant slut." comment clearly shows intent.

You used to be a funny and happy go lucky guy. Your posts have become increasingly bitter and lopsided in regards to women. I'm sorry your wife doesn't put out, but you don't get to play the 'angry at women, but flirt with us anyway' card around here without owning it.

By implying that woman is a whore for pole dancing in a clearly nonprovocative way, you imply all women that pole dance are whores. Did you fail to see that even @Athena has tried pole dancing? One of the least slutty women here! Dude, that's fucked up.

And for the record, I've seen gymnasts pull more provocative moves out on the floor in competition.

If you gonna talk the talk, walk the walk.

If you gonna talk the talk, walk the walk.

Well then (pulls up Big Boy Pants), I'm gonna start WALKIN'!! You just WAIT!!

I'll try to get back to being the funny, happy go lucky guy. Maybe I've added too much self-deprecating humor lately.

I think you'll see a big change after my Fleshlight arrives. :)

Oh, btw, thanks for noticing and calling me on it.

She wasn't doing "athletic feats." Seriously, did you watch the video? I don't know about anyone else, but it almost seemed like an ad for a company called Babywear. But then again I watched the video with an open mind. :rolleyes:

Well then (pulls up Big Boy Pants), I'm gonna start WALKIN'!! You just WAIT!!

I'll try to get back to being the funny, happy go lucky guy. Maybe I've added too much self-deprecating humor lately.

I think you'll see a big change after my Fleshlight arrives. :)

Oh, btw, thanks for noticing and calling me on it.

Self-deprecation has nothing to do with cutting down others. That's why the word self is in it.

I LOVE women from other cultures who make their own baby carriers/back packs/papoose-type carriers out of cloth, a top sheet, thin blankets, whatever. I know from living in Clovis/Fresno, CA which has a large Laotian/Hmong population, the moms swaddle their babies on the front of themselves, not the back so they can easily, discretely nurse when needed. I'll betcha a dime to a dollar she's a first generation, indigenous African immigrant.

As for the people who're stirring up a public stink over it (gawd, gimme a break), I'm with @Krystal. Get a life, stfu and MYOB. Or even better - take off the spoiled-assed American blinders and e.d.u.c.a.t.e yourself about other cultures - what they do and why. And, if she's doing it on youtube to get some attention or show off her skills, who TF cares? Have you SEEN the truly STUID, useless shit people put on youtube that make this seem like the Immaculate Conception compared to half of those clips/channels.

I'm not doing anyone's homework for them b/c I'm just not that nice, but (1) women in this country who worked picking crops/fields (Euro, African American, Mexican, Chinese, etc.) used to do this ALL the time, and (2) there are psychosocial studies that have been done on carry infants and babies like this where children in other countries who have the BENEFIT of close, skin to skin, heartbeat to heart, mother's warmth and smell contact with their child/ren at a very young age are MORE likely to become well-adjusted, obedient children as they age out of being carried this way. The More You Know. JMO.

Last edited:
Or maybe the whole pole dancing theme just put a bad taste in my mind. I don't know
She's in a studio, one designed for women to take pole dancing as exercise.

Like to accept it or not pole dancing and stripping is unbelievable exercise. If you don't believe me strap on a pair of 5 inch heels and walk around for an hour, do a couple hundred squats in them, you'll feel every muscle that you've just used.

Would I strap a baby to my back and go on the pole again? Oh Hell no, but I don't care that she does it and neither should the rest of us.

Boy, I sure got reamed over the coals on this one. I daresay, I now feel scarred and paranoid.

I wonder if this is how JackBurtons and Pete Bondurants are made.

Now come on. Anybody who reads my opinions here knows I'm about as far from being a misogynist as my pecker is from entering an inviting twat.

Interesting... You know, misogyny is often quite subtle. It's not blatant statements advertising a hatred of women, generally. Do you realize that, while I've seen you talk about the women in your life both past and present, I can't recall a single positive comment? In fact, they tend to be rather vitriolic. I know all about a delusional bitch ex, and a current wife who you gently insinuate might be fucking other guys...

I had an interesting conversation the other day with someone about the disparity between self-image and seeing yourself in a picture. Unless you're really used to pictures of yourself, it might be a bit of a surprise. I've talked about the same effect with people on the internet. Not the ones who intentionally misrepresent themselves, but the rest of us. We're really only as accurate an internet personality as we describe ourselves to be, and there is usually a disparity between the person we think we are and the person others see us to be...

"You might be a misogynist if..." just doesn't have the same ring. :p

Back