• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
Dianne_M_Davidoff_zpsya7loepz.jpg

Dianne Davidoff

Sounds a bit like Dianne was descending into paranoid craziness under the stress of being foreclosed on and having her home sold out from underneath the family. Dianne recently started toting a gun around the neighborhood, talking about people out to get her, and how she couldn't sleep at night for fear of someone coming to "get her." Well, the police have her now. . .

The new owners of the foreclosed home were signing papers at the bank at the very time her son, Jacob, was shot in the back and killed. He was homeschooling, reportedly due to health problems. Jacob's now dead of a gunshot wound and she's in jail. So sorry this happened to him and his mother didn't get the psychological help she so clearly needed. A young man with his whole life ahead of him... :(

Jacob_Davidoff_zps1c7xgrzk.jpg

Jacob Davidoff

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...-charge-in-sons-fatal-shooting-329614171.html

:(
Meth induced paranoia or true mental illness.?

Fuck those neighbors for not reporting her for walking around the neighborhood with a gun.
Attention whoring at its finest. All tight lipped when a tragedy could have been avoided. Now they want their 3 minutes of fame.

Last edited:
Idk why I keep thinking there are still neighborhoods left in this country where people not only know their neighbors, but care about them, too. I'm with @Keepalowprofile , smh. I'm sure those neighborhoods are still around, we just don't seem to hear about them around here [enter tumbleweeds blowing across the screen].

A few of the old Sci-Fi greats predicted that in the future, the Computer Age, people would no longer need to go out of their homes to get anything and everything they needed to survive, and even socialization online would take the place of real, human contact.

Science, yes. Fiction...? Well, I guess that's up to interpretation... :(

My neighbors have always consisted of at least a couple wackjobs. I can't think of anything worse then associating with them in any manner.

I wonder what his medical issue was. Perhaps she felt the need to put him out of his misery or ease the burden his ailment caused.

She looks like actress Cheryl Hines.

Idk why I keep thinking there are still neighborhoods left in this country where people not only know their neighbors, but care about them, too. I'm with @Keepalowprofile , smh. I'm sure those neighborhoods are still around, we just don't seem to hear about them around here [enter tumbleweeds blowing across the screen].

We do know and care about each other in my neighborhood, although I don't know that I would have known just how much people in the neighborhood cared about each other till Superstorm Sandy. I'm so grateful to live in a neighborhood where people are kind and friendly, and where (so far, knock wood) people ignore outlaw behavior that doesn't hurt anyone, be that the guy two blocks over who has chickens (which are prohibited in our part of town), or the fact that we lived in the house without plumbing or electricity for a few months during the rebuilding process. Nosier, busybody neighbors could have put us into debt by calling the township to complain that we were living in a house without a CO, but everyone here was awesome.

Last edited:
@Satanica
Feb 3, 2017
A 43-year-old Gresham woman who appeared to be having a psychotic crisis when she shot her 17-year-old son once in the heart and killed him was found guilty except for insanity.

Multnomah County Circuit Judge Julie Frantz ordered Dianne Davidoff to be under the jurisdiction of the state Psychiatric Security Review Board. Davidoff will immediately be sent to the Oregon State Hospital for mental health treatment. She will be there indefinitely -- with the possibility that the state board could release her back into the community someday if she improves.

Dianne Davidoff cried during the hearing, but didn't make any statements.

Davidoff's defense attorney, Martha Spinhirne, told The Oregonian/OregonLive that her client is devastated.

"This case defines tragedy," Spinhirne said. "This was a woman who absolutely adored her children. ... Everything she did was for her children."

An expert for the prosecution diagnosed Davidoff with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder. Davidoff's relatives told investigators that her mental health declined rapidly and only became obvious in the weeks and days before the shooting.

Davidoff thought intruders were trying to break into her home, thought she was being followed and on the day of the shooting, thought her brother-in-law was a wolf, relatives said.

Her father told investigators that he had loaned Davidoff a Ruger SP101 .38-caliber handgun a few months before the shooting, but had decided to take the gun back on the day of the shooting because of Davidoff's deteriorating condition.

But it was too late: Davidoff's mother arrived at the home to retrieve the gun, only to discover that Davidoff had shot her son minutes earlier.

Spinhirne said Davidoff wants treatment.

"Dianne wants to go to the (state psychiatric) hospital so she can learn about her illness," Spinhirne said. "It's scary to her, and she has a lot of questions to ask the doctors about how this happened."

Ryan Davidoff, who was the father of Jacob and Katelyn Davidoff, died of a drug overdose less than a month after Jacob Davidoff was killed.

Back