• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2liatd1.jpg
Hannah,Ethan & James DiMaggio​
Authorities involved in the search for two Southern California children who are missing after their mother was apparently killed told CNN Tuesday that the suspect in the case may have switched vehicles or may have taken public transportation.

A massive manhunt was under way for James DiMaggio, whom law enforcement authorities describe as a "platonic" friend of the deceased woman, Christina Anderson.

“We don’t have any clear direction of where they’re going,â€￾ San Diego Sheriff’s Dept. Lt. Glenn Giannantonio said.

“It would be logical for us to assume that he would head towards Mexico…we’re very close to the border,â€￾ Giannantonio added. “He may be trying to throw us off and head the opposite direction and head towards Canada thinking possibly that the Canadian authorities and the citizens in Canada may not be looking for him like they are here or in Mexico.â€￾

Deputies and fire personnel were called to the scene of a residence and detached garage on fire in the enclave of Boulevard around 8 p.m. Sunday.

While extinguishing the fire, personnel discovered the body of Anderson, 44, of Lakeside, California.

"It has been determined that Ms. Anderson has been murdered," Giannantonio said.

They also recovered the body of a dog and the remains of a child at the scene. The child has not yet been identified.

“At this point we can just say that there have been a child’s remains found in the rubble. We have not been able to identify the child. At this point we don’t even know if the child was a male or female,â€￾ Giannantonio said.

“We’re working on DNA analysis. We’re trying to rush that to get the identification as soon as possible,â€￾ Giannantonio said.

The whereabouts of Anderson's children, Hannah, 16, and Ethan, 8, are unknown. Investigators believe they may be with DiMaggio, 40, the owner and sole resident of the burned home.

Once California authorities issued the Amber Alert, information was distributed to residents’ cellphones statewide through the Wireless Emergency Alert program -- a first, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The Wireless Emergency Alert program was instituted in December 2012, but hasn’t been used in the state until this case, CHP Public Information Officer Erin Komatsubara told HLN Tuesday.

On HLN's Raising America, the children's aunt Andrea Saincome said that DiMaggio has known the family for years and that it would not have been unusual for the mother and children to be at his house.

"There was nothing out of the ordinary," Saincome told HLN's Christi Paul. "He seemed like a genuinely nice guy. He was close to the kids, and he was friends with my sister and my brother-in-law."

Police believe the children were last seen with their mother in Boulevard on Saturday. They were reported missing by their grandparents on Sunday. Giannantonio said he did not know what led them to believe their grandchildren were missing.

According to Giannantonio, DiMaggio and Anderson had "a close, platonic relationship" and were not romantically involved.

Giannantonio would not release any details about how Anderson was killed, but he did say that arson investigators believe they know how the fire was started.

Authorities also found burned weapons in the residence, but Giannantonio did not disclose what those weapons were.

The sheriff's office released several photos of DiMaggio, and Giannantonio said he is believed to be driving a blue, four-door Nissan Versa with California license plate 6WCU986.

The FBI is assisting with the investigation.

CNN reported that authorities believe DiMaggio may be headed toward Texas or Canada with one or both of Anderson's children.

"We need the public's help in locating these people," Giannantonio said.

He also warned anyone who sees DiMaggio and the children that he may be dangerous and they should not approach him or attempt to detain him. Instead, they are advised to call 911.

A sheriff's department spokesperson said Tuesday morning that no new information was available on the investigation. The California Highway Patrol Border Division referred questions to the sheriff's department.
[....]
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/08/06/amber-alert-2-children-after-mothers-murder?hpt=ju_c2

Last edited:
23061231_BG3_zpsd6f2b567.jpg

An Amber Alert was activated in San Diego and Imperial Counties on Tuesday at 5 p.m. Authorities say two children have been abducted from the city of Boulevard, in San Diego County, CA. The Associate Press reports that 40-year-old James Lee DiMaggio is suspected of killing a woman and possibly another person setting fire to the home and kidnapping her two children.
Authorities found the body of 44-year-old Christina Anderson on Sunday night in DiMaggio's rural home in Boulevard, a town 65 miles east of San Diego. They also found the remains of a child and a dog.

DiMaggio is accused of abducting her two children, 16-year-old Hannah Anderson and 8-year-old Ethan Anderson.
http://www.kcbd.com/story/23061231/amber-alert-suspect-accused-of-killing-childrens-mother

Father of missing kids begs for their release

Massive manhunt underway for woman's 'platonic' friend
The father of two Southern California children who went missing after their mother was killed pleaded Tuesday for their suspected abductor to release them.
The whereabouts of Anderson's children, Hannah, 16, and Ethan, 8, are unknown. Investigators believe they may be with DiMaggio, 40, the owner and sole resident of the burned home where Anderson's body was found, along with the unidentified remains of a child.

"Jim, I can't fathom what you were thinking. The damage is done. I'm begging you to let my daughter go. You've taken everything else," Brett Anderson, the children's father, told reporters.

"Hannah, we all love you very much. If you have a chance, you take it, you run. You'll be found," he said.

The father did not mention Ethan in his remarks, prompting a reporter to ask San Diego Sheriff's Department Lt. Glenn Giannantonio whether the child's remains might be those of the boy.

"We don't know who that is that was found in the rubble. It is a possibility that it's Ethan. It's a possibility that's another child that we haven't identified yet, or don't realize is missing yet," Giannantonio said.

"Right now, we just don't know, and we're praying that it wasn't Ethan," he said.

Authorities are following up on tips and casting a wide net for DiMaggio and the children.

"We've received some information that either Texas or Canada may have been the destination he was heading to. Realistically, we don't know where they're going," Giannantonio said. "We're looking everywhere."

[...]
Once California authorities issued the Amber Alert, information was distributed to residents' cell phones statewide through the Wireless Emergency Alert program, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The wireless program was instituted in December 2012, and this case is the first time is has been used statewide, CHP Public Information Officer Erin Komatsubara told HLN.

On HLN's "Raising America" on Tuesday, the children's aunt, Andrea Saincome, said that DiMaggio has known the family for years and that it would not have been unusual for the mother and children to be at his house.

"There was nothing out of the ordinary," Saincome told HLN's Christi Paul. "He seemed like a genuinely nice guy. He was close to the kids, and he was friends with my sister and my brother-in-law."

Police believe the children were last seen with their mother in Boulevard on Saturday. They were reported missing by their grandparents on Sunday. Giannantonio said he did not know what led them to believe their grandchildren were missing.

According to Giannantonio, DiMaggio and Anderson had "a close, platonic relationship."

Giannantonio would not release any details about how Anderson was killed, but said arson investigators believe they know how the fire was started.

Authorities also found burned weapons in the residence. Giannantonio did not disclose what those weapons were.

The Sheriff's Office released several photos of DiMaggio, and Giannantonio said he is believed to be driving a blue, four-door Nissan Versa with California license plate 6WCU986.

However, he might have switched vehicles, taken public transportation or could be hunkered down somewhere, Giannantonio said.

He asked for the public's help.

He warned anyone who sees DiMaggio and the children that he may be dangerous and they should not approach him or attempt to detain him. Instead, Giannantonio advised people to call 911.
http://www.kjct8.com/news/calif-mother-found-dead-kids-taken/-/163152/21344776/-/4gmkfv/-/index.html

...! I'm drawing a blank on the name of that asshole who kidnapped those girls and their mother with help from his wife and mother. He committed suicide before they could arrest him.
Anyway that's the vibe I'm getting for this. This sick fuck has a weird attraction to the 16y/o kills mom and brother so he can live it out. I hope I'm wrong and the 8y/o is ok as well as the 16y/o.

...! I'm drawing a blank on the name of that asshole who kidnapped those girls and their mother with help from his wife and mother. He committed suicide before they could arrest him.
Anyway that's the vibe I'm getting for this. This sick fuck has a weird attraction to the 16y/o kills mom and brother so he can live it out. I hope I'm wrong and the 8y/o is ok as well as the 16y/o.

This one?
http://www.dreamindemon.com/forums/...ed*/page2&highlight=girls+missing+mother+dead

Me too.
I hope he kills himself, AFTER the child(ren) is found.

I'm in agreement. My first thought was he was getting Mom and the little ones out of the way to make the 16 year old his "wife". God, I hope I'm wrong but she is a pretty little girl and I'm just not seeing his intentions at any point with befriending Mom as pure. I do think that men and women can be just friends but I'm not seeing that anywhere here.

I'm in agreement. My first thought was he was getting Mom and the little ones out of the way to make the 16 year old his "wife". God, I hope I'm wrong but she is a pretty little girl and I'm just not seeing his intentions at any point with befriending Mom as pure. I do think that men and women can be just friends but I'm not seeing that anywhere here.

He was friends with the father, known the family since the kids were born, father just moved away,
The other body has to be the brother, cops can't say till they have proof, some relative said he was infatuated with the girl
nothing weirder than a Pedo

Sheriff's investigators said Christina Anderson was close platonic friends with DiMaggio. The suspect was very close with Brett Anderson and like an uncle to his two children, Giannantonio said.

Christina Anderson's father, Christopher Saincome, said he had seen DiMaggio two or three times and described him as a good friend of his son-in-law.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/07/james-lee-dimaggio-manhunt_n_3718607.html

Last edited:
Seems Hannah was creeped out by his crush and no longer wanted to be alone with him

ith a nationwide Amber Alert issued Monday for Hannah and her 8-year-old brother, Ethan. The alert included the possibility of DiMaggio going to either Texas or Canada. Amati said DiMaggio is an avid camper.

Amati's daughters told 10News that about 10 days ago, DiMaggio told Hannah he had a crush on her. The girls did not share that information with their mother until after the Amber Alert.

"I know Hannah did say she was a little creeped out when Jim did tell her he had a crush on her," said Amati.

Amati's younger daughter, Cheyenne, added that Hannah decided there would be no more visits alone with "Uncle Jim."

"Yeah, she said she wouldn't go up there anymore because it was just too awkward between them," she said.

When asked if Hannah was scared of him, she said, "I don't think so."

The last time they saw Hannah was at her Sweet 16 birthday party late last month.

Amati said there was never any indication DiMaggio had any romantic feelings for Christine "Tina" Anderson, Hannah and Ethan's mother, whose body was found in DiMaggio's burned Boulevard home.

A second body was found in the burned-out home, but authorities have not made a positive identification.

The family friends said Brett Anderson, the missing children's father, had left the area six months ago to take a job in Tennessee. Amati said the family thought DiMaggio was going to help take care of them while Brett Anderson was away.

"He trusted … he knew he could take this job out-of-state because this man was going to look over his family while he was gone," said Amati.
http://www.10news.com/news/friends-amber-alert-suspect-james-dimaggio-had-crush-on-missing-teen

Kidnapping and murder suspect James DiMaggio, sought in a national manhunt, may be armed with improvised explosives or may have rigged his car with them, San Diego County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said.

Authorities made the announcement as they searched for DiMaggio, who is suspected of abducting as many as two children after killing their mother in a fire.
http://www.cnn.com/JUSTICE/

Travelers on horseback in a wilderness area near Cascade, Idaho, this week spotted a man and woman who matched the description of James DiMaggio and Hannah Anderson, the San Diego Sheriff said.

The sheriff said that a blue Nissan Versa found covered in brush in that area was confirmed to belong to DiMaggio, a kidnapping and murder suspect.
http://www.cnn.com/JUSTICE/

Is Hannah Anderson voluntarily with James DiMaggio?

personally I think this is bullshit,Id be in shock if she really was with him voluntarily
msch7t.jpg
Are these two lovers on the run, or is Hannah Anderson a terrified victim?​

Update: Hannah Anderson and her alleged captor James Lee DiMaggio were reportedly spotted camping in the Idaho wilderness after the man's booby trapped car was discovered. However, in an unexpected twist to this already strange story: Officials claim that the girl didn't appear to be held captive by the man sought in the murders of her mother and little brother. Does this mean she is voluntarily with him, or is this a case of Stokholm Syndrome?

Witnesses reportedly happened upon the "couple" while they were camping, but evidently didn't realize who they were at the time. It's been revealed that Hannah didn't appear to be in any kind of distress -- though the "couple" did appear to be out of place in the rugged terrain where they were camping. This comes after other reports indicating that the two were witnessed hiking into the mountains after the car was spotted. It was stated by numerous reports that Hannah was behind her alleged captor and the two were carrying backpacks.

It's hard to believe that this 16-year-old girl -- who appears to be socially normal if you go by her photos and online presence -- went willingly with a man accused of murdering her family. It makes more sense to believe that this teen is terrified for her life and is likely pretending to be willing so as to avoid being murdered. Her defense and survival instincts could be the explanation behind her apparent willingness.

On the other hand, there are indeed cases of "kidnapped" young women being willing participants. Some have even participated in the murders of their own parents -- such as Jasmine Richardson of Medicine Hat, Canada, who helped in the murder of her parents and little brother to escape with her much older boyfriend. She was only 14-years-old at the time of the brutal murders and she was by no means a victim of "Stockholm Syndrome."

Is Hannah Anderson voluntarily with James Lee Dimaggio? If so, was she involved in the murders of her mother and little brother Ethan? Again, it's hard to believe such horrible things -- especially in a society that treats women and children as weaker and "innocent" symbols -- but it's probable, just as probable as if she were truly terrified for her life. Hopefully some answers can be had. But seeing as though they have been definitively spotted in the mountains of Idaho, it is likely only a matter of hours -- maybe just days -- before the two of them are caught.
[....]
http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...nnah-anderson-voluntarily-with-james-dimaggio

Did James Lee DiMaggio Cook Up His Crazy Scheme After His Troubled Trip To Hollywood

Did James Lee DiMaggio Cook Up His Crazy Scheme After His Troubled Trip To Hollywood With Hannah Anderson?
James Lee DiMaggio, 40, is on the lam, God knows where, having kidnapped 16-year-old Hannah Anderson after murdering her mother, Christina Anderson, 44, and probably her 8-year-old brother, Ethan, then torching his log-cabin style house in Boulevard, California (a small rural town 65 miles east of San Diego). The unfortunate incident happened over the weekend, when apparently, DiMaggio snapped, at a time when the Anderson family stopped by to bid James a farewell, since he was moving back to Texas.
Well, I suggest he cracked, yet authorities suspect he had this dramatic finale to his lengthy, friendly relationship with the Andersons carefully planned out. As the police and virtually every American frantically search every nick and cranny of the United States, Mexico, and even Canada, what we have left behind, is a very strange story about a man who appeared to be intelligent and well mannered, perhaps a loner, who for some reason became obsessed with a teenage girl, Hannah Anderson. A few of the details of this not so natural obsession are showing up in the news.
Alan MacNabb, a friend of Hannah`s who appeared on Nancy Grace last night, was aware of the problem Hannah was having with DiMaggio, who for some odd reason, took her on a visit up to Hollywood for her birthday in late June, I believe. The two didn`t get along so good on this Hollywood trip, since Hannah was more interested in taking pics on her cell phone and posting them to Facebook. NG made many of these photos available on HLN last night, such as Hannah standing in front of Hollywood Souvenirs, or her next to an effigy of Marilyn Monroe.
[.....]
http://thesop.org/story/20130808/di...d-trip-to-hollywood-with-hannah-anderson.html

Although we already knew this,,Its been confirmed

20qkxnl.jpg
Amber Alert: Burned Body ID’d as Missing Boy, Ethan Anderson
SAN DIEGO (KTLA) — Authorities in San Diego on Friday positively identified the second body found in a burning home in Boulevard as that of 8-year-old Ethan Anderson.
DNA harvested from the boy’s bone marrow was used to make the identification, authorities said.

The boy’s body was found Sunday along with that of his mother, Christina Anderson.

The positive identification was announced just hours after a possible sighting was reported of the boy’s sister Hannah and her alleged kidnapper James DiMaggio in Idaho.

A horseback rider near Cascade, Idaho, came across a man and a young woman who matched the description of DiMaggio and the missing 16-year-old on Wednesday, San Diego Sheriff Bill Gore said.

The man struck up a brief conversation with them in the River of No Return Wilderness area, Ada County sheriff’s acting spokeswoman Andrea Dearden said.

“They did speak and exchange pleasantries. I don’t think there was a lot of information exchanged,â€￾ Dearden said. “He left the conversation believing they were camping in the area.â€￾

The horseman said the man and girl were hiking with camping gear, Dearden said.

He called the Amber Alert tip line after he saw news account of the search later that night.

James Di Maggio had expressed inappropriate feelings toward 16-year-old Hannah Anderson, friends said.

A search of the area Friday morning turned up a blue, four-door Nissan Versa belonging to DiMaggio.

The car was hidden by brush, with its license plates removed, Sheriff Gore said.

Authorities confirmed the car’s ownership by its vehicle identification number.

DiMaggio, 40, was being sought in the murders of Christina Anderson and her son Ethan as well as the abduction of Hannah Anderson, her daughter.
[....]
http://ktla.com/2013/08/09/report-car-sought-in-amber-alert-found-idaho/#ixzz2bbRu6cJT

Hundreds search for kidnapped girl, 16, and murder suspect in remote Idaho Wilderness where they were spotted hiking TOGETHER - 1,000 miles from where he 'killed her mother and brother'
James DiMaggio's car found hidden under brush in Idaho Friday morning
Horseback riders say they saw DiMaggio and teenage Hanna Anderson hiking through rugged wilderness Wednesday
Hannah appeared safe and sheriff said it looked as though she 'was not being held against her will'
DiMaggio is suspected of murdering Hannah's mother Christina Anderson and her eight-year-old brother Ethan at his San Diego County home on Sunday
Friends: He had a crush on Hannah who did not like to be alone with him
[..]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Hannah-Anderson-held-will.html#ixzz2bbSgFA2L

Last edited:
The man suspected of kidnapping 16-year-old Hannah Anderson was killed in the Idaho wilderness Saturday, but the girl was safely recovered, according to law enforcement sources.

James Lee DiMaggio, 40, was killed about 4 p.m. in a remote area near the town of Cascade, according to a source familiar with the investigation.

DiMaggio was the subject of an intensive manhunt in the wilderness above Cascade, where he had taken Hannah, who had been missing from her San Diego County community since Sunday.

No other details about how DiMaggio was killed were immediately available.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...t-in-idaho-wilderness-20130810,0,872196.story

We're missing a pile of posts from this thread ..
There were links to letters and phone calls between Hannah and James the day he abducted her ..

Letters from Hannah Anderson in abductor's home

Warrants show contact between James DiMaggio and girl
SAN DIEGO - A California man who abducted the 16-year-old daughter of a longtime family friend and took her to the Idaho wilderness after killing her mother and brother had letters from the teen, search warrants showed on Friday.

The San Diego County Sheriff’s office warrants also showed 13 phone calls or text messages between phones belonging to the San Diego area girl and her abductor, James DiMaggio, on the day she went missing.

More at link ..

California Teenager Hannah Anderson Answered Questions About Her Kidnapping On Ask.fm

Hannah Anderson, the 16-year-old girl from California who was kidnapped and held for a week earlier this month by a family friend, has answered dozens of questions about her ordeal on the social networking site ask.fm.

She has now disabled her account, but earlier on Wednesday the posts were still visible. The Associated Press confirmed with people who know Hannah that she was the one writing the posts.

The questions/answers: businessinsider.com/hannah-anderson-answered-questions-about-her-kidnapping-on-askfm-2013-8#ixzz2cKZh0yoM

James Lee DiMaggio, Kidnap And Murder Suspect, Leaves Insurance Money To Victim's Family
SAN DIEGO -- A man who died in a shootout with FBI agents after kidnapping a 16-year-old girl and killing her mother and brother named a member of the victims' family as his life insurance beneficiary, a spokesman for the man's family said Monday.
[....]
James Lee DiMaggio left $112,000 to Hannah Anderson's paternal grandmother, said Andrew Spanswick. He didn't know why but believes it was for the benefit of Hannah, the girl abducted by DiMaggio.
DiMaggio named Bernice Anderson as the sole beneficiary of his employer-issued life insurance policy in 2011, substituting her for his sister Lora Robinson, the lone survivor of his immediate family, Spanswick said.
DiMaggio lived with Bernice Anderson for about two years before buying a house in 2009 in Boulevard, about 65 miles east of San Diego, Spanswick said.
[...]
DiMaggio's sister called Hannah's father, Brett Anderson, on Friday to tell him about the life insurance payment.
"They had a long conversation about their mutual loss, trying to make sense of what happened, and neither of them had an explanation," Spanswick said. "Brett seemed to recognize that Lora was as much a victim in this as everyone else. He wished her the best."
A spokeswoman for Brett Anderson and his family, Stacy Hess, declined to comment.
[....]
Steven Weisbart, chief economist at the industry-backed Insurance Information Institute, said insurers generally won't challenge a claim unless the beneficiary is suspected of involvement in the death.
Investigators have given no indication that DiMaggio had any accomplices.
"Pretty much as long you're dead, the insurance company has very little opportunity to deny the claim," Weisbart said.
Lora Robinson has taken possession of her brother's cat, Princess, from Hannah Anderson, Spanswick said. DiMaggio, a cat-lover, took Princess while on the run, and the cat was reunited with Hannah after the rescue.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/james-lee-dimaggio_n_3783040.html

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to all the evidence in this case. Sooooo many questions.

I still believe Hannah is a victim. No matter what has occurred or what she has been a part of. We aren't talking about two 16 year old kids planning a murder and running away together. It doesn't matter how much or how little Hannah had to do with it. She's a victim because of the pedo who couldn't control himself. Yeah, 16 year olds know how to manipulate, flirt, use their bodies to their advantage, etc., but she was still a child and he was still the adult.

Personally, I think she was involved in it. I think she had an inappropriate relationship with him and wanted to be with him. I still think she is the victim, even if she was flashing her twat at him, he was the adult.

I can't wait for all the dirt to come out, though. I wonder if we will ever know what was in those letters. I also think that LE is just blowing smoke up the public's butt by saying she is not a suspect.

I think that she's involved too - but not necessarily to blame. I'm still tossed in that regard, as at 16 you are certainly aware of what you're doing and using your own moral compass, no?

At any rate, there's just too much left to wonder about. I'm not sure we'll ever know it all.

Maybe I'm just jaded and cynical, but I still think she is at least responsible for herself and her own actions, that he didn't force her into going away with him, maybe she didn't know how it would all end up, with her mother and brother dead and a week long romp in the woods, but I think she was up for the adventure she thought she was going to have.

One thing that makes me feel this way is her demeanor since her return, getting her nails done, getting a new phone, posting on public media and seemingly not shedding a tear for her mother and brother. Every picture is of her smiling and laughing and joking. I know everyone grieves differently, they may hold back their tears and sadness until they are in private but you can tell they've at least been worrying about it, not Hannah, she looks well made up and all together.

I hope I'm wrong about it all and she was just blindsided by all this, but I don't really think I am wrong about too much of it.

I just think her actions are really strange. The one answer to a posters question asking why she seemed so ok. And she answered that her dog, mother, and brother were killed. Maybe it is just me and I am being a cynical ass but you mention your dog before your Mom? I found that odd. And I have 3 canine kids.

Back