• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
These two shitheads only got 16 years for beating the crap out of their baby? He was not neglected – he was abused and then murdered! For that they only received a 16 year prison sentence? The only victim here is that baby – ‘nuff said.

Special prosecutor assigned in mother's appeal in Boulder County child abuse death
BOULDER, Colo. — The Jefferson County district attorney has been assigned as special prosecutor in a Boulder County woman's appeal of her conviction in her infant son's death.

Molly Midyette is seeking a new trial in the death of her son, 11-week-old Jason, who had broken bones and a skull fracture. The former Louisville woman was convicted in 2007 of child abuse resulting in death and sentenced to 16 years in prison.

Her former husband, Alex Midyette, is also serving 16 years for their son's death. She has said she was so manipulated by her husband that she couldn't defend herself and should get a new trial.

The Daily Camera reports that Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett requested a special prosecutor because Midyette's lawyers plan to subpoena members of his staff and possibly him.
http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/v...e67963a7aa3c01d3dd2/CO--Child-Abuse-Midyette/

ohh this bitch doesn't deserve another trial and if she gets one I hope they double her sentence!

That's just ridiculous. She had plenty of time following her son's death to get her head on straight before they got around to trying her. It's pure BS. Since when is that cause for a retrial?

just a fast update Molly Midyette denied a new trial after judge rules she wasn't a battered woman
Molly Midyette seemed to have everything: a law degree, a husband who was part of a very prominent Boulder family, a new baby. But one day in 2006, when husband Alex was watching him, baby Jason fell ill. He died in a hospital days later.
Today Molly has no child, husband or new trial, as determined by Boulder Judge Lael Montgomery after a nine-day hearing.
Molly's attorneys had argued that she was denied a fair trial because she was a battered woman, controlled by her husband and his powerful family, afraid to tell the truth -- and so she was unable to defend herself at her original trial.
It wasn't until after the verdict in that 2007 trial -- which found Molly guilty of child abuse resulting in death for failing to get help, and ultimately sentenced to sixteen years in prison -- that Molly told her own lawyer about how the Midyette family had manipulated her. She repeated those charges to Westword this past spring in "Bedtime Story."
But Montgomery didn't buy it. "The evidence showed that Defendant was an intelligent, assertive law school graduate who was actively engaged with her lawyer in the preparation and defense of her case at all times," Montgomery wrote in her decision denying a new trial.
Dr. Lenore Walker, who first identified the Battered Woman Syndrome decades ago when she was based in Denver, was one of the the experts who testified on Molly's behalf at the hearing. But in her ruling, Montgomery said she didn't find enough evidence that Molly Midyette was a battered woman or suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
Alex Midyette was also sentenced to sixteen years in prison at a later trial, when he was convicted of child abuse leading to death.
Molly's supporters have already started the next round in the fight to free her, and last night shared this message from one of Molly's attorneys, Alison Ruttenberg:
It is not over yet. We have a long road ahead of us, first in Court of Appeals, and then in federal court. We have a lot of expenses yet to pay (at least $10,000) and therefore, over the next two years, we need people's continued support both emotionally and financially. Tom and I are upset, but we see this every day of the week in our practice. What we do is pick ourselves up and move to the next step and keep fighting. We feel that we will win eventually."
[...]
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2011/11/molly_midyette_denied_new_trial_battered_woman.php

video at link

Molly Midyette, convicted in 2006 death of son, transferring to Boulder halfway house
Molly Midyette has been accepted into a Community Corrections program and is expected to transfer to a Boulder County halfway house from the La Vista Correctional Facility in Pueblo in the next few months.

Midyette, now divorced and using her maiden name of Bowers, was convicted of child abuse resulting in death for not getting help in time to save her 10-week-old son Jason Midyette in 2006. Jason suffered numerous broken bones and brain damage.

Prosecutors accused Molly Midyette's then-husband Alex Midyette of causing the injuries. In a separate trial, Alex Midyette was convicted of a lesser offense. Both are appealing their convictions. A request by Molly Midyette for a new trial was denied last year.

Molly Midyette was sentenced to 16 years in prison, but she is eligible for parole in May 2014. Alex Midyette also was sentenced to 16 years in prison; he is serving his time at the Trinidad Correctional Facility and is eligible for parole in January 2016.

A Colorado Department of Corrections spokeswoman confirmed that Midyette had been approved for Community Corrections and will be transferred when a bed in Boulder County becomes available.

The terms of Community Corrections include strict supervision, but Molly Midyette would be able to look for outside work.

Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said his office considers the transfer "appropriate."

"She's going to be eligible soon for parole, and Community Corrections provides a good transition," Garnett said today.

In an email to supporters of Molly Midyette, who believe she was unfairly blamed for her ex-husband's actions, University of Colorado Professor Joanne Belknap said Midyette's parents, Dan and Jane Bowers, are very relieved that she will be closer and that they will be able to visit her more easily.
http://www.timescall.com/opinion/tc...convicted-2006-death-son-transferring-boulder

:motz:

No fucking justice! !!!

Five years into a 16 year sentence, the father convicted of neglect in the high-profile death of his infant son is now out of prison and spending his days in a halfway house.

Alex Midyette was convicted of criminally negligent child abuse for the death of his 11-week-old son, Jason, in 2009. That's when his 16 year sentence began.

[...]

Midyette was handed over to community corrections earlier this year.

A spokesperson for the Department of Corrections said Midyette had to meet a very specific criteria before he could become eligible for a halfway house.

Midyette is currently in a halfway house in Boulder, his hometown.

[...]

Molly Midyette was convicted of child abuse resulting in death.

Prior to his death, their son had been brought to the Children's Hospital with at least 20 broken bones and a skull fracture. He died shortly thereafter

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2014/08/05/alex-midyette-halfwway-house/13639011/

MOLLY_MIDYETTE_TRIAL_N1218T_03_t220.jpg

This picture just breaks my heart...

Baby Jason you never knew that the touch that left 37 breaks on your tender little body wasn't the touch of love, or the smite of a hand against your skin, leaving a mark and then a bruise wasn't an embrace of love. Pain was your only constant from a new wound or and old beginning to heal.
You never knew that you were love, the purest form of love, a love so innocent that those closest to you should have seen it in your eyes and never let you go.

Baby Jason, you were the light of life...a treasure...kisses little one.
I know you have heard those words now as an angel whispered those words to you...
qp4hz9.jpg
:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: Whats this wet salty stuff thats coming out of my eyes??

Ha, they had him at the Trinidad prison. I guarantee he did not walk out of there straight. I wonder if daddy will buy him a new rectum.

Last edited:
Why did I read this whole thread? I now have an overwhelming urge to go to where ever these two fucksticks are and show them what it's like to be battered in every way humanly possible.

Why did I read this whole thread? I now have an overwhelming urge to go to where ever these two fucksticks are and show them what it's like to be battered in every way humanly possible.

You and me both. This is the first I'd read of this poor babe. Horrific injuries at such a young age and both so-called "parents" only interested in lying or buying their way out of it. And it looks like they both managed it. How long before one or both breeds again and turns up back on the Crimes Against Children forum? :(

I can be there in 25-30 minutes, you wanna ride with?

I can be there in 25-30 minutes, you wanna ride with?
Split the gas and share the baby-murderer beating duties? Of course, I don't want the fun to stop just because my fists and feet get tired of beating the piss outta them!:devil:

User error....I was trying to like them.
I will leave the buttons alone.
I'm glad it was a misunderstanding. I had a lengthy post with a barrage of insults loaded and ready for you.

I have fat fingers on my phone too.

Back