• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
IRON COUNTY, MO
– Titus Tackett, the 3-year-old reported missing early this morning, was found dead this morning inside a van parked nearly a mile from home.

According to Iron County Sheriff Roger Medley, Tackett was visiting with his mother, Amber Tackett, at the home of her ex-boyfriend. The couple left the home at around midnight to run an errand, leaving the boy in the care of the boy’s grandparents.

When the couple returned around an hour later, they noticed the front door was open and the boy was not in the house. Police were called and a search began immediately that consisted of 50 volunteer searchers.

At around 11 a.m. Wednesday morning, a neighbor spotted the boy in the back of a van parked almost a mile away. He was wearing only a diaper and was wrapped in a blanket. Tackett was pronounced dead at the scene, but a cause of death was not known. An autopsy is scheduled for today.

When asked whether the public should be concerned about a “random killer” on the loose, Medley responded “No” and added that the boy’s death appears to be an isolated incident. He also stated that the owner’s of the van have no relationship with Titus or his family.

“At this point it’s too early to determine exactly how he got out of the house and how he ended up where he was,” Medley said. “That’s why the investigation is going to continue at this time with the highway patrol, FBI and Iron County Sheriff’s Department working in cooperation.”

I don’t know what’s worse… the possibility that someone killed the boy and stashed him in the van, or the possibility he woke up and looked for his parents in the freezing temperatures and froze to death, scared and alone, inside the van.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

enVzqt1lTGc

Continue reading...

I don't believe for a second that Titus got out of the house on his own after midnight...walked almost a mile in the dark...as kids are notoriously afraid of the dark...in freezing temps with just a diaper on. I have to wonder if he had pajamas on before the mom and exboyfriend left the house. I find it hard to believe that he independently accessed the van he was found in and wrapped himself up in the blanket. It sounds like foul play to me.

I'm interested to see how this one plays out.

Does it look to anyone else like his teeth are messed up, in a not natural way?
Also on her facebook, he has a pretty massive bruise on his face in his picture with Santa.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10205250445202558&id=1289510142

I have an almost 4 year old... I can admit that 3 year olds are trying as fuck, but that's why parents are hard wired to love them.
If you're capable of hurting your own child, something in you is very wrong, very broken, and there is really no point in you coexisting with the rest of the human population.

Does it look to anyone else like his teeth are messed up, in a not natural way?
Also on her facebook, he has a pretty massive bruise on his face in his picture with Santa.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10205250445202558&id=1289510142

I have an almost 4 year old... I can admit that 3 year olds are trying as fuck, but that's why parents are hard wired to love them.
If you're capable of hurting your own child, something in you is very wrong, very broken, and there is really no point in you coexisting with the rest of the human population.

Looks like bad bottle rot. :(

I can't see a 3 year old getting a car door open and a van door would be above his head and I definitely don't see him getting the door closed behind him. Something is hinky here.

Meh, you people don't give enough credit to people who DON'T kill their kids.....I pat myself on the back every day :woot:

I can't see a 3 year old getting a car door open and a van door would be above his head and I definitely don't see him getting the door closed behind him. Something is hinky here.
Plus walking a mile in freezing temps wearing nothing but a diaper.

No way! I bet the parents killed him. I bet they took him "sleeping" over there and and then pretended to leave. Then came back while the grandparents were sleeping and took him to this van and placed him already dead in there.

According to Iron County Sheriff Roger Medley, Tackett was visiting with his mother, Amber Tackett, at the home of her ex-boyfriend. The couple left the home at around midnight to run an errand, leaving the boy in the care of the boy’s grandparents.

http://fox2now.com/2016/02/11/questions-remain-after-3-year-old-found-dead-in-van-in-iron-county/

Preliminary autopsy says he died of hypothermia. Coroner Tony Cole said: "“It was hypothermia. There’s no internal injuries; we cannot find anything that would lead us to believe other than accidental death by hypothermia at this time."

The same coroner also said "the boy was no stranger to walking barefoot.

“Kids are tough at the age, tougher than what we think they are,” he said. “I don’t think they know they are in trouble or not.”

He doesn't really seem inclined to look very hard at the circumstances. :shifty:

Edited to add: Sigh, posting at the same time as someone else again. I'll leave it since it's a different link.

From morbid's link above:

“He was smart and intelligent for a 3-year-old,” according to Cole, who knows the family. “He knew how to open a car door. It’s not his first time, he’s done that a lot.”

Oh, so the intelligent ones, you don't have to supervise those as much as the dumb ones?? :rolleyes:

I'm still not seeing how this happened. Unless we're talking GROSS negligence. Which is usually the case.

Last edited:
I don't buy it. Ok, let's say he opened the door on his own, you're telling me a 3yr old walked a friggin mile alone, in the freezing temps???

Yeah. That's seems to be exactly what happened. It's not like a toddler wandering lost for miles - in the woods, no less, is unheard of.

You guys are ridiculous. Two grown-ups left a sleeping toddler in the care of his grandparents so they could step out for an hour. HOLY SHIT! CRACK HEAD, NEGLIGENT MURDERERS! COVER UP! BUUUURN THEEEEEM!

lol.

Sorry @Morbid

Not buying it. I also think Noah Chamberlin did not wander off nor did DeOrr nor Aliyah Lunsford nor Kyron nor Dylan nor did most of these kids that just go missing.

I suspect the bathtub is responsible.
[doublepost=1455301785,1455301572][/doublepost]oh. And ditto on hot car deaths. Total bullshit.

Sorry @Morbid

Not buying it. I also think Noah Chamberlin did not wander off nor did DeOrr nor Aliyah Lunsford nor Kyron nor Dylan nor did most of these kids that just go missing.

I suspect the bathtub is responsible.
[doublepost=1455301785,1455301572][/doublepost]oh. And ditto on hot car deaths. Total bullshit.

No need to apologize to me. Apologize to the police and the medical examiner. They are the ones with the actual facts who came to this conclusion.

This boy was old enough to unlock the door and get out of the house. To walk that far in cold temps with just a diaper on in the dark throws me off on this one. I'd like to know where the blanket came from that he was found wrapped in. I wonder if he got out on his own and wasn't able to find his way back to the house in the dark in an unfamiliar neighborhood. He was not at his own home but his grandparents. So many questions.

It's not hard to see what happened. Not sure why everyone seems to want it to be a murder.

The boy was sleeping in his diapers, in a house with adequate heating. :rolleyes: His parents - two adults - stepped out for an hour leaving him with his grandparents.

During that time, the boy woke up and wandered out of the house wrapped in a blanket. I have no doubt some 3-year-olds have the intelligence of a potato, but this one didn't. According to family, he could start up and drive an ATV. It was also reported that he knew how to open a car door.

The boy got lost in the neighborhood, wandered nearly a mile, and sought shelter in a van where he froze to death - probably unconscious or dead before the search even began. Simple. Tragic.

Or, as some of you assume. The parents killed the boy in the bathtub, walked him a mile down the road and stuck him in a stranger's van. They then went back home and called police to report him missing. This, despite the investigators and medical examiners findings, the statements from family, the grandparents, and wherever the couple went to that night.

No need to apologize to me.

I wont apologize for wondering why a kid who could start a 4-wheeler is in a diaper. Or wondering why the kid left in the first place. Where was he going?

Three year old: Fuck you guys, I'm walking back to daddies.

A mile isn't that far away...Why did this little boy not just head back home. You would think that the van in the driveway, would not be more appealing than people in a house...I wonder if he knocked on the neighbours door at all. A three year old wouldn't have a very loud knock I suppose...It wouldn't be like the cops are knocking at your door for sure.

lol. You guys are so cynical. Boy froze to death and no foul play suspected.

Lol that was my initial thought just due to there not being obvious signs of foul play HOWEVER I started reading the comments lol the more I read the more naive I felt, I was almost downright ASHAMED by the time I got to your comment.

No way I was going to say I thought he froze to death.

Thats sad though. Fucking toddlers man. Brutal.
[doublepost=1455306717,1455306232][/doublepost]Always lock your door. Not saying that could have prevented it but usually the dead bolt is higher up out of reach.

Or, his parents could have been neglectful assholes and due to their negligence, he wandered off and died. That scenario is just as likely as yours. No one "runs an errand" at midnight. Certainly not parents with 2 small children.

Neglectful assholes because they left the house for an hour in the care of his grandparents? Jesus. How small we must all look from that high horse you sit on.

Or, his parents could have been neglectful assholes and due to their negligence, he wandered off and died. That scenario is just as likely as yours. No one "runs an errand" at midnight. Certainly not parents with 2 small children.

What if they went out for a drink while they had babysitters? Maybe they said "errand" because they were worried about all of the judgmental fuck faces out there and poorly failed to realize that their errand would be interpreted as drug deal by those same judgmental fuck faces?

I don't go out late at night to bars or to run errands but I wouldn't immediately assume that'd make me the worst parent in the world either. I just don't like bars or midnight errands.

I can't wait for the day your child cures cancer.

Just for some perspective, here is where the boy was found in relation to the neighborhood the grandparents lived.

Funny thing is, if you street view the location of the residence where the boy was found, a minivan is parked right there in the corner of the yard. Not saying that is the one, but still.

Attachments

• 2016-02-12_151035.jpg
    2016-02-12_151035.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 29

I only have one child, but plenty of people run errands at midnight. I do all the time. As a matter of fact, 1am was when I would ride my bike. (When my kids dad would get home from work to stay with mini, or at 3am as I would just getting home from work..) If my kid was with my parents sleeping peacefully, my VERY OVERPROTECTIVE ASS would use that time wisely- running errands, riding my bike, shopping at Walmart (less people of Walmart in the middle of the night) having a drink with friends or whatever..

Not everyone keeps a traditional schedule. Just cuz they ran errands at midnight while their kid was asleep WITH FAMILY, doesn't at all make them guilty of anything. I seriously doubt the cops and the coroner were involved in a cover up of some kind. It's a tragic situation. Their child died! Blaming them, or calling them negligent with no supporting evidence isn't cool. I pray for them right now. I would have died if anything happened to mini, while I was on my nightly ride and would blame myself everyday for the rest of my life- even knowing he was safe and sound in bed WITH FAMILY that loved him too.

It's heartbreaking all around. So very sad. :(

Oh Christ, is it really that surprising that we suspect the worst? We've done it every damn thread since the dawn of always but I am an uppity high horse sitting asshole, not the other 5 people who also think it's fucking hinky.

You are not an uppity high horse sitting asshole because you automatically assume any dead kid was murdered by their parents - that happens in every comment section attached to a dead kid story. You are an uppity high horse sitting asshole because you have stated these parents are crackheads or neglectful assholes because they *gasp* left the boy with his grandparents for an hour. :kiss:

And you are a know-it-all asshole for assuming that it's impossible that they aren't.

Now, now. That's putting words in my mouth. I have never said that. I just said that the investigation has concluded the boy froze to death and was not murdered. I then offered my hypothesis, based on the facts and common sense, on how it happened.

Well thank fucking God, my mini never wandered off while I was on my nightly bike ride..
I'd get the death penalty and die wondering what happened to my baby.

HE DID HOWEVER, PULL A HOUDINI WHILE I WAS IN THE SHOWER ONCE. He tried to walk the dog. :hilarious: He was about 2 or 3. One of the scariest moments of my life. Fixed that with a door chain and a sliding door lock....

Geez, I must be shitty parent of the year cuz it happened to begin with.

You guys are ridiculous.

Hey don't lump me in with anyone. I am usually the first to come up with alternatives to believing a parent capable of murdering their own children. However, this all just seems way too strange. To believe he just woke up, walked out of the house (with a blankie) wandered about for a mile and then somehow climbed into a stranger car all alone and froze to death. All while the parents were out? Too many things had to align for this to happen.

Silver lining - I think freezing to death is fairly painless.

No need to apologize to me. Apologize to the police and the medical examiner. They are the ones with the actual facts who came to this conclusion.

Meh. LE says that all the time before they name parents suspects and charge and arrest them.

Especially when the statement was that the PRELIMINARY autopsy MOST LIKELY will come back as hypothermia.

They are giving themselves wiggle room.
[doublepost=1455316235,1455315390][/doublepost]The thing is, we read story after story after miserable fucking story about "baby just wandered off".

And most of the time baby is gone for good and parents have some hinky assed story. Or a box of wine.

And sometimes they find the dead baby and parents either turn on each other and get charged OR there is enough evidence still left on the baby decomposed body to determine MOD and parents get charged.

I really do not think it is so unreasonable to assume that what happens most of the time is what likely happened this time.

Again, the link Morbid posted said it was a prelim autopsy and that the results would "most likely" show COD as hypothermia. Ima wait and see. Like in Noah Thomas' case......he just wandered off too, and accidentally fell into a septic tank. Per LE.

Until they charged the parents in his death.

Back