• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
1688n00.jpg

Kimara Hughey, 24, spent four days in the woods drinking pond water to survive
15mzjo1.jpg
2w3dxxh.jpg
A 24-year-old South Carolina woman was left to die in a wooded area by an acquaintance — but miraculously survived for four days while drinking pond water, her family says.

Kimara Hughey, of Greenville, was stuck off a ravine at the Swamp Rabbit Trail on October 14 and was only found four days later.

Joggers heard a woman calling for help Saturday and called a rescue crew in.

'She was placed in these woods and she was left there to die,' father Larry Gaunt told FOX Carolina.

'She's laying there all five days, looking up at the sky, crawling around, in the mud, drinking pond water.'
The parents say she was found in horrific conditions. She was covered in bruises and hypothermia had already set in, they say.

Hughey's worried family were posting flyers in the woods Saturday when police called with the news of their daughters' reappearance.

'Just knowing that she was alive and going to be okay was such a relief,' Wendy Gaunt told FOX Carolina.'

Hughey's parents wouldn't disclose details of the 24-year-old's disappearance while police continue to investigate who was behind it.

The parents said only that Hughey knew the person who left her there to die.

Hughey remains fearful and traumatized but is expected to recover.

'She's very, very fragile right now, mentally and physically — and she is so scared,' the parents told FOX Carolina.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...water-beaten-left-die-knew.html#ixzz3GphIT7T9
her FB
2dvvc6o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/kimara.hughey?fref=ts

This is atrocious! They're saying she knows who left her there to die - I can't wait for more updates. I want to say boyfriend maybe?
At any rate I hope she's getting the rest and care she needs. No one deserves to be left to die like that. Kudos for being strong and brave and not losing hope or her will to survive!

I'm glad the perpetrator didn't go back to make sure she was dead or to move what he thought was her dead body. She is a very strong woman to have lived through this for so many days. If she hadn't been found when she was...the outcome could have been very different. I hope they catch the monster that did this to her. Hope to see more details and updates.

She's posting under her profile picture, but hasn't mentioned who did this to her.

"I want to make my case heard and her case known that she did not go wandering off high or drunk anything like that. She did not get lost. She was taken there," said Lawrence Gaunt.

Deputies said there is little information they can release in connection to the disappearance and recovery of Kimara Hughey, saying they are giving her time to recover from her ordeal before further questioning.

He said, “It’s an odd situation for her to be down there as long as she was. With what we know, we do not believe there is a threat to the public.”

Smith said no charges are expected anytime in the near future. He said investigators will continue to interview Hughey as her condition improves.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/mom-says-...off-swamp-rabbit-trail/29239698#ixzz3GuMhjgmV

No charges expected in the immediate future? I don't understand that. They say there's no threat to the public. Something is weird about this.

Whatever the cause of her ordeal, I'm very glad she survived.

This whole this seems off to me, but I can't point my finger on why, exactly, other than to say that her injuries don't seem severe enough to be consistent with being beaten badly enough to be left for dead. "Covered in bruises with hypothermia" could just be bad reporting, but I'd really expect at least a bad concussion or some broken bones for a person to be crawling about in the muck for four days before flagging down help.

I agree something's off. I keep mulling around scenarios, and there's so many big holes. A fugue state? B/f? B/f's jealous new g/f? I also wonder what they're describing as a "ravine", and if it was so lg./steep/slippery/deep she was in the process of trying to make her way up, or...? Def. right about being "odd she was down there for so long." Fear whoever was still around? And, it would just about have to be tree/brush/undergrowth free for her to roll, or be dumped or thrown, then roll down that far in the first place. (?) Add me to the 'hoping for updates' list.

Well, we only have dads word for it that she wasn't drunk, on drugs, or mentally ill in some way (a fugue state would be a good guess), and the fact the police say no charges are likely to happen in the near future and there's no risk to the public makes me think the idea that she was beaten and dumped there isn't likely to be the case.

Whatever it was, if it was something about her and not an outside agency, I imagine the family just want to keep it private and let her recover. It's remarkable that she survived that.

There was a recommended article on her FB...

http://www.wspa.com/story/27023787/boyfriend-of-woman-found-in-ravine-arrested-for-att-murder?fb_action_ids=298162770376519&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_ref=.VE7KITKiP_g.like&fb_source=feed_opengraph&action_object_map={"298162770376519":938216362859640}&action_type_map={"298162770376519":"og.recommends"}&action_ref_map={"298162770376519":".VE7KITKiP_g.like"}

2eoy9w2.jpg

Michael Crosby
[...]deputies now say there was a violent history between Kimara Hughey and her boyfriend Michael Crosby in the days leading up to her disappearance[...]

[...]Crosby strangled her to the point that she thought she would go unconscious, threw her against the washer, and threw her into a closet [...]

Back