• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I found this article..not sure of the source, I'm looking for something to corroborate it now

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/159439/search_for_toddler_elaina_steinfurth

If you've followed the search for missing Ohio toddler Elaina Steinfurth, you know things haven't looked good from the beginning. It wasn't long after the 18-month-old disappeared that her mother was arrested, and just days later, Angela Mories Steinfurth admitted her daughter was dead. Now cops are saying it's true. The search for Elaina has officially become a homicide investigation.

Found confirmation...sort of what everyone expected all along. I hope they find her soon.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2013/08/09/Police-Missing-tot-s-case-called-homicide-probe.html

Saying the disappearance of an East Toledo toddler was now considered the subject of “a homicide investigation,â€￾ an assistant Lucas County prosecutor Thursday asked a Lucas County Common Pleas Court judge to keep bond for a man accused of misleading police at $250,000.

“The allegations include that the defendant lied to police in the course of what is regarded now as a homicide investigation,â€￾ Brad Smith told Judge Ruth Ann Franks. The judge agreed to continue the $250,000 bond for Steven King II, 23, of 704 Federal St., who is charged with obstructing justice in the June 2 disappearance of 19-month-old Elaina Steinfurth.

Mr. King, the boyfriend of Elaina’s mother, Angela Steinfurth, is accused of providing false information to investigators during the two months after the girl was last seen. Angela Steinfurth, 25, also is charged with obstructing justice in the case.

Mr. King’s attorney, Pete Rost, asked the court to release Mr. King from jail on a recognizance bond, possibly with electronic monitoring.

“As you can see, this is a nonviolent offense, although it is connected to the investigation that involves a missing 18-month-old child,â€￾ he said. “The defendant’s record is not extensive.â€￾

Mr. Rost said Mr. King had been talking with investigators since the child went missing and was at home when police arrived to arrest him.

Relatives of Elaina’s father, T.J. Steinfurth, said after the hearing that this was the first time they had heard the case referred to as a homicide investigation.

“We don’t want to look at it that way, but if we have to accept it, we will. We need closure,â€￾ said Ginger Smith, a cousin of Elaina.

Terry Steinfurth, Sr., Elaina’s grandfather, said the same, adding that if the child was killed, someone is responsible and needs to talk to police.

When asked after the hearing about his reference to the homicide investigation, Mr. Miller declined to comment further. Toledo police Sgt. Tim Campbell said investigators would continue to treat Elaina’s disappearance as a missing-person case unless or until remains are discovered.

Ms. Smith asked that people “just keep praying, keep coming to our vigils, keep helping us keep our hopes up. That’s what we need right now.â€￾

Two new articles.
Steven King pleads not guilty in case of missing baby Elaina
TOLEDO --
The East Toledo man charged with obstructing a police investigation into the disappearance of his ex-girlfriend's baby has plead not guilty.

Steven King his ex-girlfriend, Angela Steinfurth, are each being held on a charge of obstruction of justice. The two were the last people seen with 1-year-old Elaina Steinfurth before she went missing on June 2.

In court Thursday, King pleaded not guilty. He is accused of making numerous false statements to police during their investigation into Elaina's disappearance.

Toledo Police filed a complaint against King on Jul. 22 after an extensive review of evidence in the case.

A criminal defense expert Lorin Zaner said the complaint is a tactic that may be used to scare people involved in a crime. "By making that kind of a claim, it puts a whole lot more pressure on the defendants to cooperate, and potentially work out some kind of deal if they know anything. If they were involved," Zaner said.

King's trial is scheduled to begin Sept. 5.

A hearing in the case against Angela Steinfurth was postponed Wednesday at the request of Steinfurth's attorney who asked for more time to review nearly 30 hours of video interviews taken with Steinfurth and Toledo Police.
Baby Elaina's family and their supporters gathered Wednesday night at the corner of Federal and Leonard for another bi-weekly prayer vigil. More than two months later, her family is still holding onto the hope that that she is alive.
http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=934368#.UhE1HD_Bzbi

Angela Steinfurth returns to court for missing daughter Elaina

TOLEDO -- The mother of the missing Toledo toddler made a court appearance Wednesday morning.

Angela Steinfurth, 25, has been in jail since June on charges of obstructing justice. Her daughter, Elaina Steinfurth, has been missing since the beginning of June. Steinfurth's attorney asked for additional time to review more than 30 hours of video interviews done by Toledo Police. The judge set a pre-trial date scheduled for September 4.

Her ex-boyfriend, Steven King, had a preliminary hearing last week. King is schedule to appear in court Thursday, August 15.

For the first time since Elaina went missing on June 2, the word "homicide" was used by officials.

King and Steinfurth were the last people seen with the toddler.

In late June, a report surfaced that Angela Steinfurth confessed to a fellow Lucas County Jail inmate that she and King threw Elaina's body in the Maumee River. "She told me they wrapped her up in blanket and took her down by the High Level Bridge," said a relative of the inmate. "And, he (King) stood behind her and she [Angela] threw this baby in the river."

Elaina's family hopes criminal charges waged against King and Steinfurth will reveal the missing baby's location.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=933648#.UhE20D_Bzbh

Tests on hair unlikely to yield results ...

A potentially promising lead in the search for missing toddler Elaina Steinfurth may fizzle out, according to Toledo police.

Human hair found by fishermen in the Maumee River in June had been sent away for DNA testing to try to determine whether it belonged to the 18-month-old, but Sergeant Joe Heffernan said Wednesday that it is unlikely police will get a conclusive answer.

”The hair samples that we have do not have follicles attached to them,” Heffernan told HLN, explaining that will make it difficult to actually recover DNA from the hair.

The discovery of the hair had sparked new dive team searches of the river, although nothing significant was found.

Coroner says 'human remains' appear to be in box seized from garage in East Toledo
A box that was removed from a detached garage where missing 19-month-old Elaina Steinfurth was last seen June 2 contains human remains, Lucas County Dr. James Patrick said today.

"We have received a box that appears to contain human remains," Dr. Patrick said. Dr. Diane Barnett, a deputy coroner, went to the scene after police notified the coroner's office about a discovery earlier in the garage at 704 Federal St. in East Toledo, which is the home of Elaina's mother's estranged boyfriend, Steven King II, 23.

"She felt that initially that's what it appears to be," Dr. Patrick said of Dr. Barnett's findings of human remains. An autopsy will be performed Friday.

The apparent remains were in a computer box, which was removed by the coroner's office about 4:40 p.m.

Lucas County Sheriff John Tharp today said Mr. King is talking with detectives at the Safety Building in downtown Toledo.

Mr. King’s attorney, Pete Rost, said his client was in court today for a previously scheduled pretrial hearing before Judge Ruth Ann Franks. The hearing a Sept. 16 trial date set earlier.

After the hearing, Mr. King returned to jail, his attorney said.
[...]
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...oledo-crowd-gathered-in-Baby-Elaina-case.html

I live here in Toledo and this has been a tough one for everyone. my girlfriend's kids know some of the people involved. What blows my mind is out of all the things people could be complaining about, they're all bitching about how the police didn't find the body 3 months ago when they initially searched the property. I mean lets not forget that there are people that actually committed the crime they can be mad at. Police are human too and don't always do everything perfect... and I'm not even a fan of TPD.

I live here in Toledo and this has been a tough one for everyone. my girlfriend's kids know some of the people involved. What blows my mind is out of all the things people could be complaining about, they're all bitching about how the police didn't find the body 3 months ago when they initially searched the property. I mean lets not forget that there are people that actually committed the crime they can be mad at. Police are human too and don't always do everything perfect... and I'm not even a fan of TPD.
Im not that far (3m hours almost) we drive out nephew there every 2 weeks to visit his dad,
I dont go each time but thats what everyone was talking about when we last went there

"We had a lot of deception taking place being told to us by a variety of sources in the community," Toledo Police Chief Derrick Diggs said during a news conference today. "The bottom line is we found what we believe may be Baby Elaina."

In a written statement, Lucas County Deputy Coroner Dr. Diane Scala-Barnett said the remains from 704 Federal are so immature it's not possible to determine the sex of the remains.

A DNA sample has already been sent to the state's Bureau of Criminal Investigation lab in London, Ohio; a BCI spokesman said test results should be available early next week.

Dr. Scala-Barnett also said the cause and manner of death will not be ruled on until all parts of the autopsy -- including a toxicology report and an anthropological study -- are completed.
[...]

Police officials said that the garage had been searched soon after the baby went missing, but that it was initially searched for a missing child. Ultimately, Chief Diggs said, what was important was that police found the baby.

He refuted a question when asked whether police dropped the ball while searching the Federal Street property for the child.

"We didn't drop the ball," he said.

Rob Miller, chief of the special units division for the Lucas County Prosecutor's Office, said today that depending on the outcome of an autopsy, he would anticipate presenting the case to a Lucas County grand jury next week.

"We're hoping to know the cause of death after the autopsy, which should occur today," Mr. Miller said.

"Depending on the evidence, we would evaluate whether [the indictment] would be against one or both of them," Mr. Miller said, referring to the girl's mother, Angela Steinfurth, and her then-boyfriend, Steven King II.
[...]

Mr. King spent several hours at the downtown Safety Building Thursday talking to detectives.

Chief Diggs would not comment whether Mr. King provided the tip that led police to the garage.

A search warrant for the garage where the remains were found was filed in Lucas County Common Pleas Court under seal and therefore was not made public.

Police officials said that the box containing the remains was in the rafters of the garage with other boxes.

Angela Steinfurth's stepfather, Richard Schiewe, does not believe the remains found on Federal Street were there the entire time that Elaina has been missing.

Mr. Schiewe said he was with police on June 3 searching through the garage; the computer box where the skeletal remains were found was not there, he said after the Toledo Police Department's news conference today.

“That body was not in the rafters the day after Elaina came up missing,” Mr. Schiewe said. “I was in the garage with police … I searched the garage. All that was in that garage was junk bicycle parts, plumbing parts, electrical parts, and two turtles, and a bunch of musted-up boxes.

“That body was not in that garage.”

Mr. Schiewe said he believes someone told someone else where the toddler's body was being kept and then put the body in the box and tucked it onto a shelf on the rafters.

“That box was not up there,” Mr. Schiewe said. “There was nothing. I took everything out of the rafters. Somebody put that body up there. Somebody went and got that body and put that body up there.”

Mr. Schiewe said he was going to meet with his daughter at the Lucas County jail at 11:20 a.m.
[...]

Terry Steinfurth, Jr., the girl's father, who came to the scene later, said he "just came down to see what was going on," adding that he was sure more people would come to Federal and Leonard later in the day.

"I'm still holding on to the hope that it's not her," he said. "But you've got to be realistic to some degree, too."

"So I'm just being hopeful," he said. "The police are doing what they can do, hopefully, you know. Justice will be served in the long run."
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...eve-human-remains-may-be-missing-toddler.html

Omg FINALLY now you may rest in peace little one. They will pay for what they did. They will pay for keeping your death concealed.

Fuck these Shit stains...

What is wrong with these stupid bitches letting their vagplugs rape and kill their kids? Is it more important to let their suasage stuffers get their way than to raise a healthy happy child? We as a society need to do something to stop this trend kill them all make the sentences so damned scary that at least the cum receptacles won't tolerate it of course for their own selfishness but whatever at least it gets done!

Just frustrated that these dumb ass breeding dumpsters continue to have kids even after the horrific things they have done or let get done to their other children. Spade these bitches automatically and nueter the fuckers who abuse these kids problem solved. The skank buckets won't be able to breed anymore and the douche eaters won't have any urges. So tired of this shit and it is happening more and more.

Two months and a day after the remains of a missing East Toledo toddler were found in a computer box, officials have ruled the death of Elaina Steinfurth a homicide, saying the injuries are from "non-accidental trauma."

The results of the autopsy were released today by Dr. Diane Scala-Barnett, a Lucas County deputy coroner.

Dr. Barnett reported there were "severe acute fractures to the joint areas of the arms and legs." Five bones were impacted, she said.

No assessment of soft tissue and organs could be completed.
[...]

The toddler's mother, Angela Steinfurth, and Mrs. Steinfurth's boyfriend, Steven King II, are charged with obstructing justice for allegedly lying to police during the course of the investigation.

Mr. King, 23, and his family own and live in the Federal Street home.

Prosecutors have been waiting for autopsy reports to determine if additional charges would be filed against either Mrs. Steinfurth or Mr. King.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...ered-multiple-broken-bones-autopsy-finds.html

Lucas County prosecutors have offered to negotiate a plea agreement with the mother of an East Toledo toddler whose death was ruled a homicide and with the mother’s boyfriend before the case is presented to a grand jury, court records show.

“... If plea negotiations are going to occur prior to seeking an indictment, time is now of the essence,” Robert Miller, chief of the special units division for the Lucas County Prosecutor’s Office, wrote in a letter dated Friday to attorneys for Angela Steinfurth and Steven King II.

Mr. Miller also advised Pete Rost, who represents Mr. King, and Jane Roman, who represents Ms. Steinfurth, that he was sending them copies of the coroner’s report and two anthropologist reports concerning the remains of 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth.
[...]

While declining to comment specifically on the homicide case, Mr. Miller said Wednesday it’s not unheard of to negotiate a plea agreement before a case is presented to a grand jury.

“A lot of it depends on the nature of the case, the evidence that has been accumulated against the defendant or defendants — the strength of the case,” he said, adding, “Sometimes it’s better to negotiate at the early outset.”
[...]

Mr. Miller said he hopes to see indictments against the pair “in the near future,” but said that would depend on whether plea negotiations take place first.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2013/11/14/Deal-on-Elaina-offered.html

aKPHdZ0.jpg

An Ohio woman and her ex-boyfriend pleaded guilty today in the killing of her 18-month-old daughter, whose remains were found in a box in a garage three months after she was reported missing.

Steven King II, the 24-year-old ex-boyfriend of mother Angela Steinfurth, told a Toledo judge that he had found the girl, Elaina Steinfurth, injured in her bedroom and that he tried to resuscitate her.

He said he then smothered her to death and put her in a box. The girl's remains were found in September in the rafters of a garage that belongs to King's family.
[...]
King pleaded guilty to aggravated murder, tampering with evidence, abuse of a corpse and obstructing justice. He was sentenced to life in prison with parole eligibility after 25 years.

Angela Steinfurth entered a type of guilty plea to murder and obstructing justice under which she maintains her innocence but acknowledges prosecutors had enough evidence to convict her, North West Ohio reported.
She was sentenced to 18 years to life in prison in accordance with her plea deal.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-plead-guilty-killing-Elaina-Steinfurth.html

Here's to hoping that her 18 to life turns out to be until her untimely death at the hands of the fellow residents.

His story about finding Elaina already injured is shit- the mothers Alfred plea is shit- I'm pissed that neither of them had to admit what they really did to that little baby!

Steven King II, the 24-year-old ex-boyfriend of mother Angela Steinfurth, told a Toledo judge that he had found the girl, Elaina Steinfurth, injured in her bedroom and that he tried to resuscitate her.

Yeah because whenever I find an injured baby I murder them instead of calling 911. ASSHOLE.

His story about finding Elaina already injured is shit- the mothers Alfred plea is shit- I'm pissed that neither of them had to admit what they really did to that little baby!
I totally agree... those bastards should have had the balls to tell the truth!

The police interrogation tapes were released last week. Steven King told the police where the body was.
It was on HLN news today and I had a bit of trouble finding the latest article.
http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014...police-interviews-confession-i-suffocated-her
In police interrogation videos obtained by WTOL, Angela Steinfurth and ex-boyfriend Steven King are seen repeatedly denying that they had anything to do with Baby Elaina’s disappearance before King tells detectives where to find the girl's remains.
Angela Steinfurth is now serving 18 years to life at Dayton Correctional Institution. King was sentenced to 25 years to life and is currently incarcerated at Ross Correctional Institution.

People in the neighborhood who were involved in the search say this is opening up old wounds. ??? In 2 weeks, it will be 1 year since Baby Elaina was killed.

People in the neighborhood who were involved in the search say this is opening up old wounds. ??? In 2 weeks, it will be 1 year since Baby Elaina was killed.

Time must move very fast in that neighbourhood, if the wounds have healed that far in less than a year?

Back