• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

penelopejo

Mother Nature
https://www.facebook.com/michael.mayo.1042?fref=ts

71mvcg.jpg

2z8q07r.jpg

A slow-speed pursuit of a felony warrant suspect in Dallas ended with the suspect dead in the parking lot of the Southwest Center Mall on Monday.

The chase began after 1 p.m. when Dallas police pulled over a driver, 30-year-old Michael Mayo, who was wanted on felony warrants. Mayo was with his girlfriend at the time.

Police smelled marijuana and called for backup, and Mayo took off driving. The girlfriend jumped out of the car.

A somewhat erratic chase ensued, with the suspect pulling over several times but then jumping back into his small red car.

Hwy. 67 was shut down near the Southwest Center Mall because the suspect was stopped on the service road, with the suspect moving one last time and coming to a stop in the parking lot on the northeast side of the mall.

SWAT officers were able to surround the suspect's vehicle in the mall parking lot, and the suspect went down about 2:20 p.m. Mayo had a gun and pointed it at police and at his own head during the standoff, and police tried to negotiate a surrender.

People on scene heard gunshots that ended the standoff -- police shot and killed Mayo.

Medical personnel were on hand shortly after the shots and could be seen from Sky4, but the suspect was declared dead at the scene.

A criminal background check into Mayo shows arrests for burglary, theft and drug possession.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/25300080/police-chase-felony-warrant-suspect-through-dallas

more at the link.

His friends are flipping out on his facebook page.

o5xgz5.png

This happened just a few miles from work. Dis be da hood, yo.

I don't even pay attention to police sirens when I'm here, because the police academy is just a couple of blocks away and they practice a lot.

I think this is why they called backup:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...t-by-police-outside-southwest-center-mall.ece

The officers spoke to Mayo and said they smelled marijuana coming from the inside of the car, Garza said. They checked his name and license plates and came back with a felony warrant for probation violation and a bulletin that the car’s occupants might be armed and dangerous.

A police spokesman said the officers tried to coax Mayo out of the car, but didn’t tell him he was under arrest. They got a helicopter in the area, police said.

Garza said Mayo suddenly put his car in reverse when additional officers arrived. The woman bailed out of the car, and Mayo sped off, nearly hitting an officer.

The woman was taken to headquarters for questioning.

Police pursued Mayo, who came to a complete stop multiple times during the chase. He eventually got to the Southwest Center Mall parking lot and jumped out of the car holding a gun to his own head, police said. Then he ducked back in and shut the door again.

“Officers tried again and again to get him to surrender,” Garza said.

Then, about 15 minutes later, he got out of the car once more and quickly fell to the ground near the driver’s door.

“The officers saw the threat, and that’s when they took action,” he said.

Witnesses said the man pointed a weapon at police before he was shot.

“He kept getting out of the car,” said Tedrick Williams, 37. “The last time, he got out and pointed his gun at them, and that was it.

More at the link.

The town I grew up in my teen years was pretty outrageous for back up. Me and my friend were smoking a bowl in bewteen the dumpster and fence behind the apartments when a cop busts us. By the time we searched there's 7 cop cars in the parking lot of the apartments. Our tax money at work 8 cops to bust two 16 year olds for maybe at the most 1.5 grams of low grade weed lol. Then the district attorney decided to not prosecute. So how much resources are wasted?

This happened just a few miles from work. Dis be da hood, yo.

Were they at Dead Bird Mall? I mean Red Bird. I used to shop there when I worked in South Dallas back in the 90's and it was dodgy then. Now the whole thing should be razed. No one wants to be there! Look at the current store directory. This is for the upper level.

Foot Action USA
Vacant
Underground Station
Vacant
Southwest Estillo
MJ's Beauty Academy
Vacant
Vacant
Vacant
Vacant
Vacant
Flextime Studio
Vacant
Italian Jewelers
Lids
Vacant
Vacant
L'Patricia
Vacant
Gold & Diamond Outlet
Gold & Diamond
Vacant
Perfume International
Vacant
Body Bang
Royal Fashion
Jimmy Jazz
Vacant
Vacant
Vacant
Sports Arena
Vacant
World Foot Locker
Kids For Less
Vacant
Vacant
LA Styles
Vacant
Inzone
Paradise Beauty
Vacant
National Retailer

Yes, that's the one, Kittyskyfish! I haven't been near it for many years now and like you said, it was dodgy even then. The last person I knew who went over there during lunch or something said there were kids openly smoking weed inside the mall. The only thing keeping it open is probably Burlington Coat Factory.

“He kept getting out of the car,” said Tedrick Williams, 37. “The last time, he got out and pointed his gun at them, and that was it.
Anytime you point a gun at a cop, be prepared to die.

Gotta love Dead Bird mall lol. The only reason we ever went there was Burlington, that's all. Hell that's the only reason to find yourself over there. Well that and everything is cheaper in the hood.

Back