• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
A man has been arrested after pulling kids on a sled behind his pickup truck.

Not only was the truck pulling multiple people on the sled, but there were also several people, including a 9-year-old, traveling in the bed of the truck.

Michael Chauvin, 40, of Plainfield, was arrested and charged with four counts of risk of injury to a minor, four counts of reckless endangerment in the second degree and reckless driving. He was released on a $10,000 bond and is due in court on February 9
http://foxct.com/2015/01/26/man-arrested-for-pulling-sled-with-children-behind-pickup-truck/

hx3LFOV.jpg

We did this all the time when I was growing up.... Its one of the best parts of being from the country

I planned on taking my girls out to do this in the morning except I don't have a pickup, I was gonna use our backhoe or our lawn mower

Last edited:
Buffettgirl: Makes me wonder just how the fuck I survived childhood.

I am right there with you! We always used the biggest hill in the neighborhood that happened to VERY busy and quite a few us slid under cars while the cars were moving and couldn't avoid us! Now I can't walk upstairs, chew gum and talk on the phone all at the same time without killing myself! Damn, I grew up!

my dad let me ride in the bed of his truck in the 90's ..... it was fucking awesome, I hate that my kids aren't gonna get to have the chance to experience that..... hell even when my dad got a cap for his pick up we still rode in the back, bouncing around the whole time

I'm pretty sure the first time I rode in the cab of the truck was when I was big enough to drive the damn thing. 1969 Ford F100, I started driving it when I was about 12 or 13. By today's standards my grandfather would have spent a LOT of time in jail.

This reminds me of an article I saw linked on facebook about cities banning sledding. My generation (x-gen) seems to be the biggest bunch of sue happy pansies. We all reminisce about how we did this and that as children and how children now days don't do those things..but we are the problem. We get all butt hurt when our precious children scrape their knee and sue everyone who was within 10 feet of it happening and ruin any future generation from enjoying even the simple things.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/01/05/tobogganing-bans_n_6416790.html

I remember going to the city hill, it was gigantic and everyone built jumps into the bottom of the hill. One year we were there with my class. I was probably 10-11. I just came down the hill and was waiting on some friends before hiking back up when a classmate of mine hit a jump on his GT, came down and shattered his leg in 2 places. They called the ambulance, he got it casted and it was left at that. There was no blaming the school or the city. Accidents happen, it doesn't mean you should avoid things because of a potential to get hurt :facepalm:

Police responded to reports that someone was driving a 2005 Dodge Ram on Community Avenue, near Town Hall. The driver was going at “unreasonable speeds” on the snow roads, according to a press release from the town.
http://foxct.com/2015/01/26/man-arrested-for-pulling-sled-with-children-behind-pickup-truck/
So not only was he putting his passengers at risk but he was putting innocent civilians at risk as well with his stupidity. Awesome. This guy wanted to be fucking arrested becoz no one with half a brain would pull this shit outside of Town fucking Hall.
I'm all for having country fun but keep that shit to the country and not on the city streets where you can seriously injure someone.

where i lived if we had snow we could not go to school because the bus was not able to get to us. We would go sledging on the hill by us only problem was an electric fence at the bottom and it hurt if you crashed into it but never stopped us. The farmers lad would pull us up the hill with his tractor

My BEST memories of childhood are the ones of the wicked, wild shit we all used to do. Hell, my G-Father bought me what was billed as the fastest sled shell you could buy. I regularly went airborne at the bottom of the sledding hill because of the plowed up snow bank & would fly across the street without touching asphalt. Yeah, I broadsided a car once. :hilarious:

When I moved back to Florida, a bunch of us would go sand sledding on an overturned vehicle hood that was dragged at high speed behind a truck. I can't tell you how many times I ended up with a mouthful of sand and a case of sand rash. With that, nobody even whispered the word "lawsuit," much less filed one.

We really are raising the greatest generation of wussies due to greed & nanny-state BS. :arghh:
What kind of fondly remembered childhood memories are these kids going to have to look back upon?
"...I remember that one time when Momma sued that guy into bankruptcy when I got a scraped knee." Is that the legacy that they'll be giving their kids?
We're SO screwed!

Last edited:
My ex husbands uncle used to pul him and his cousins on a car hood tied to the back of his car.Uncle Dwain would ramp the car onto the frozen lake with the kids still riding on that hood.

What are authorities saying constitutes "unreasonable speeds"?

What a pisspoorly written article, so devoid of any real facts or information.

What are authorities saying constitutes "unreasonable speeds"?

What a pisspoorly written article, so devoid of any real facts or information.

If they wrote about the facts in the case then they wouldn't really have a story, just like the police didn't have a real reason to arrest him.

In the Police State of America, facts ruin the sensationalism needed to sell bullshit to today's undereducated audience.

They just want to keep dumbing it down, because idiots are easier to control, and by controlling them it's easier to take their money.

Back