• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
CASPER, Wyo. — Police suspect that a Casper woman rolled a hot saucepan on an infant’s face and shook the baby with enough force to require trauma care.

Authorities also accuse Stephanie Shirts of suffocating the 14-month-old girl with a blanket, according to an officer’s report.
[...]

Prosecutors have charged Shirts, 25, with four counts of child abuse, four counts of child endangerment with methamphetamine and one count of aggravated child abuse. She faces 65 years in prison if convicted on all counts.
[...]

The baby, who was brought to the hospital by Humphreys, her mother, was lethargic and unresponsive when officers arrived, the report states.

Detectives saw burns on the baby’s face and head and bruises on her face, abdomen, pelvis and legs. A neurosurgeon suggested the infant be transferred to a children’s hospital in Colorado because of the child’s level of trauma.
[...]
Shirts told police she caused the burns to the girl’s face about two weeks ago, the report states. She was cooking macaroni and cheese at their home, and the child was crying in her highchair.
Shirts “rolled the side of the pan across (the child’s) forehead, cheek and side of her head,” the report states. She claimed that the pan wasn’t very hot and that she didn’t think the baby had been burned until she saw blisters on the child the next day.

When asked about the bruises on the infant’s face, Shirts told police she held the infant down by her head while she scrubbed the burns with a plant extract sometimes used for medicinal purposes.

The bruises to the child’s legs occurred when Shirts held the baby upside down and shook her, according to the report. In another instance, Shirts picked up the infant under her arms and violently shook her back and forth.
[...]

Cathcart and Shirts heard the baby crying and took her out of the playpen to change her diaper. Shirts said she put a blanket over the child’s face because she wouldn’t quit crying.

The child quit breathing and turned blue, Shirts told police. She gave the baby CPR, and the infant started breathing again. Humphreys arrived home shortly after and took the baby to the hospital, the report states.

Authorities searched the home and found several bags of synthetic marijuana. They also found glass pipes containing meth residue and meth in the closet in Cathcart and Shirts’ room.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...7c4-5f7d-8d9f-bb169e4251ee.html#ixzz3EGHgYaTz

See also:

http://k2radio.com/three-arrested-for-child-abuse-and-drug-charges/

Sorry, I've been trying to pop in here & post this all day, but gotta run out the door. Can't posts pics now.

So who is this Shirts woman? Babysitter, mom's girlfriend? I'm just wondering why mom wouldn't have taken her to the hospital after she saw the burns on her baby's face...which supposedly happened 2 weeks before this?

ETA: From above link:

Humphreys and her two children moved in the house two or three months ago, and she was renting the basement.

He was unemployed, and Humphreys and Shirts were fired or quit working at the Best Western Ramkota several weeks ago.

Last edited:
Shirts is Cathcart's girlfriend, not sure what the connection with Mom is - she's also been arrested.

Jesus! Almost another Baby Brianna - thank God she's alive! Hope her physical scars are all she ends up with and no permanent disability.

Making a note: when a 1 year old cries just roll a hot pan across their face. That will make them stop crying. :sarcasm:

Fucking assholes! I hope they get a long long long prison term....but I don't have much hope. :hurting:

What the fuck. It takes the baby almost dying before mom actually took her to the hospital? What the fuck. I can't believe that's a woman by the way. Definitely looks like a Stephen to me!

I am surprised as hell she was so forthcoming in what she did to that baby. Her level of depravity is astounding if she was totally ok with what she did!

I can't for the life of me picture what rolling a pan across any ones face would look like .... I don't wanna think about it never mind

I am surprised as hell she was so forthcoming in what she did to that baby. Her level of depravity is astounding if she was totally ok with what she did!
:( I agree. I was thinking she didn't "set" that baby down to change her diaper in the one explanation. Hence, suffocating her was next to stop her crying. That poor little lovey must have been a battered mess for all the confessions.

Ya know, some meth heads go through their addictions and yeah, there's likely some issues here and there, even some pretty serious ones with some folks I've known, met, seen coming in through jail, etc., but then we have HORRIFIC MF'ERS like this...smh. I honestly believe in some cases, the meth just amplifies the EVIL that was. always there in the first place. JMO YMMV.

Plant extract used for medicinal purposes...all I can think of is aloe & tea tree oil. And TTO would BURN so bad. :(

[Q@TE="TKaz, post: 828018, member: 3991"]Plant extract used for medicinal purposes...all I can think of is aloe & tea tree oil. And TTO would BURN so bad. :([/QUOTE]
It was witch hazel astringent.
Is that like rubbing alcohol?

[Q@TE="TKaz, post: 828018, member: 3991"]Plant extract used for medicinal purposes...all I can think of is aloe & tea tree oil. And TTO would BURN so bad. :(
Is that like rubbing alcohol?[/QUOTE]
It's the same consistency. Witch hazel is a plant. It is good for zits and whatnot. Still burned something fierce.
This bitch needs dropped in boiling water, then a vat of witch hazel.

Is that like rubbing alcohol?
It's the same consistency. Witch hazel is a plant. It is good for zits and whatnot. Still burned something fierce.
This bitch needs dropped in boiling water, then a vat of witch hazel.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. Even nothing is abusive to burns. I don't know if I posted the articles I wanted to post, but "scrubbing" was involved. Scrubbing burns. I can't go further.
I hope the statement that she is stable is correct. This story makes my stomach bleed.

Last edited:
Witch hazel is what the doctor's always prescribed for episiotemies...sorry for spelling...when they cut you during labor. Its helps soothe the area where they stitch you.

This baby really suffered...two weeks...severe pain....this idiot scrubbing her burns with stuff that makes it hurt more. She could have lubed all her burns with aloe straight from the plant and it wouldn't have helped this poor baby's pain.

I don't even know who the fuck sees a crying baby and thinks, "hot pan on face- that sounds good!"... How the fuck does that even occur to a person?

Meth is fucking disgusting. I've never encountered a drug that so drastically changes and transforms its user.

Witch hazel is what the doctor's always prescribed for episiotemies...sorry for spelling...when they cut you during labor. Its helps soothe the area where they stitch you.
I didn't know that. But it seems "nowadays" there's some magical salve in a bottle they send you home with... I had c-sections so I'm oblivious.

She's so forthcoming to the police about what she did to that poor baby- why not be that forthcoming with the baby's mother & say "I'm a monster, I hate your baby, keep her away from me or I'm gonna burn, scrub, smother her!"?!
Unless Mom knew that she was abusing the baby but was just glad someone was watching her kid while she went to do more meth?

And I'm with @gatekeeper & @Mata Hari If you can torture an innocent baby, you are a sadistic evil fuck- the meth just makes it easier to live with yourself!

I don't think her being an addict made her a sadistic cunt. I know plenty of addicts who do not torture babies.
That's just it. Its soulless, sadistic evil behaviour. Only a a sociopath on meth can do this. Some people really need to die. It's too bad they will get a fair trial.

I went to school to someone named Stephanie Shirts. I clicked on this thread slightly freaking out. It's not her. Whew. That would have been crazy.

Poor baby girl. At least she is out of that house now.

Back