1. Before creating a thread in the Reality Bites forums, please read the following guidelines so you do not risk the wrath of the administrators and possibly lose the privilege of creating threads. We want everyone to take part in spreading the shitty news, but let's do it in a way that keeps Morbid from fielding takedown notices.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you tried signing up and were receiving the following message: "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again." Please retry as this was being caused by an outdated plugin.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox
    Dismiss Notice

FRONT PAGE Members Of High School Lacrosse Team Allegedly Killed Guinea Pig, Drank Its Blood Before Game

Discussion in 'In The Mean Time' started by Morbid, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Morbid

Morbid Big Daddy Yum Yum Staff Member

Credit:
    $44,924.19
    [​IMG]
    GROSSE ILE, MI – Members of the Grosse Ile High School lacrosse team have been accused of killing a guinea pig, drinking its blood and painting themselves in blood as part of a pre-game ritual.

According to Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, 18-year-old Tanner Coolsaet and 17-year-old Michael Roth showed up to a team meeting off campus with a guinea pig in a box.

With over half of the 18 member team present, along with some adults, Coolsaet allegedly used a knife to slit the guinea pig’s throat. Roth then allegedly beat it with a small bat. Some of the team members present reportedly drank the animal’s blood and painted their faces with the blood.

The incident was brought to the attention of police after a teacher heard some of the students talking about what had been done. Both Coolsaet and Roth were charged with killing/torturing an animal and conspiracy to commit killing/torturing of animals. They are each facing a possible 4 years in prison.

Students at the school say that they are now suffering from taunts from other schools at sporting events and practices, where they are now known as the “guinea pig school.”

One parent complained that he didn’t see what the big deal was and that the media was blowing the killing of an animal for sport out of proportion.

“Guinea pigs are like the Bic lighter of the rodent population, you can buy them for a couple of bucks and these kids did something that was going to amp them up and they had a little bit of fun with it,” he said. “It was a little bit of humor, but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.”

Worth disagrees, stating: “The alleged facts in this case illustrate much more than a youthful prank or a pre-game antic. We must take these cases seriously.”

When Coach Butch Ryan was asked about what the incident he said it has been a letdown for a lot of people in the community.

“They let a lot of people down: teammates, people in the community, school,” he said. “They let themselves down.”

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...

• Thanks Thanks x 9
    • WTF!?! WTF!?! x 3
  2. Keepalowprofile

Keepalowprofile Fuck you jack. Bold Member!

Credit:
    $67,292.50
    I would sure like for the media to report this parents name.
    A statement like that speaks volumes for his/her parenting ability.

I just want to add that the guinea pig wanted to be born something more important. Like a bald eagle or a polar bear.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Muriel Schwenck

Muriel Schwenck Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $24,350.07
    Bunch a wusses! One guinea pig for the whole team?!

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. TheMorningStar

TheMorningStar is a catcus

Credit:
    $4,391.71
    Did they win?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. McDanel

McDanel Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $14,175.18
    My piggy, Dario Franchiti, cost $35, and I would have cut any one of the participants for him.

• Show The Love Show The Love x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Buffettgirl

Buffettgirl Trusted Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $54,747.38
    This excuse making and justifying? This shit is the reason kids today are such assholes. I can't think of anyone in my high school that would have done this except maybe the punk guy that turned white supremacist and participated in a beating that was so brutal a man died. Yeah, maybe John would have done this, but I don't think so... To the fucking dipshit parent, nothing about this is funny. It's sick and you're a dick for excusing this shit. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. mybum62

mybum62 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $14,884.55
    This is the same high school I believe...where the guy went that raped the girl and then his parents funded a whirlwind several year Swiss romp to avoid the rape charges. Off topic but I guess privileged kids feel entitled to do whatever they please...no matter how twisted it is. The parent that responded with the disgusting remarks is sick and twisted too. I can't believe he said that. I wish the news outlets would plaster his name and pic to put him in the hall of shame.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brenni

Brenni Dismember Bold Member!

Credit:
    $3,920.00
    Did Satan take them to the State finals? if not ...

... Maybe they should have offered him a goat :shrug:

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Anubis

Anubis Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,564.98
    Sooo, were they attempting to harness the ferocity of a guinea pig in preparation for the big game? :rolleyes::facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 1
  10. Sejanus

Sejanus Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $13,011.90
    While it would have been nothing if this happened in South America, it happened in the USA.
    It was stupid, illegal, and frankly vile.
    Hope the Grosse Guinea Pigs moniker sticks.
    GP's are cute little moofin's

For my money the most distressing element to the story is the dad response.
    Can we just bludgeon him and be done with it?

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Angiebla

Angiebla Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $4,334.02
    Adults were present when this shit went down?

12. Satanica

Satanica Trusted Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $124,058.86
    Yes, so-called adults were present. :punch:

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  13. Pete Bondurant

Pete Bondurant Trusted Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $9,484.02
    Pagan rituals have no place in high school athletics.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 1
  14. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Active Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $3,661.98
    Anybody else trying to visualize how you slit a Guinea pigs throat, beat it with a bat, THEN drink it's blood? I mean, did they have to scrape it up and hold it up over their mouths or what?

Anybody? Beuller?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Satanica

Satanica Trusted Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $124,058.86
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/369e...osse-players-get-probation-guinea-pig-slaying

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. JackBurton

JackBurton Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $29,145.25
    It's a fucking rodent, why make a fuss at all?

Seriously what kind of bleeding heart fucktard pussy piece of "got nothing better to do with my time" bitch would bother with this bullshit?

Load of shit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1