• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
A western Maryland man has been charged with murdering his 17-year-old stepdaughter after her body was found hidden his basement on Wednesday, police say.

A neighbor flagged down officers in Hagerstown, Maryland on Wednesday afternoon to report that Melissa Skye Collins hadn't made it to school that morning and hadn't been seen since 7.30am.

Officers became suspicious of her step-father Ernie Chase when they interviewed him and he refused to let them inside.

After obtaining a search warrant several hours later, police discovered Melissa's body 'concealed within the house,' according to police.

Her biological father, Lynn Hassinger, told Daily Mail Online that she was found in the basement.

Detectives promptly arrested Chase, 32, and charged him with murder and multiple counts of child abuse.

Police would not say how the girl was killed, why Chase allegedly attacked her or when she may have died.

Mr Hassinger, who lives two hours north of Hagerstown in Pennsylvania, said that she told him that she was scared of her stepfather because he was a violent person.

But, she decided to live with her mother and stepfather in Maryland so that she could look after her little sister and two younger brothers.

Melissa was a senior at North Hagerstown High School who was set to graduate on June 6. She was preparing to attend Messiah College, a Christian liberal arts school in eastern Pennsylvania that she picked because it was close enough that she could be near her family.

Her devastated father is beside himself with grief at losing his daughter.

'She loved everybody. She's a very loving girl. She would do everything for anybody. She was such a happy-go-lucky kid, I can't believe this happened,' he told Daily Mail Online.

'Everything in her life was going great. Everything except her stepfather.'

Stepmother Lisa Hassinger said Melissa had a boyfriend and played soccer and sang in choir.

She attended church regularly and in the summers would stay with her biological father and work as a counselor at a church camp.

'She was literally the most loving and caring child that I have ever met,' Mrs Hassinger said.

After she was reported missing, Mr Hassinger begged friends for help finding his daughter after she was reported missing.

'Still awake and no word yet this freaking sucks I love all my kids and your brothers and sisters want u home safe also please come home safe Melissa Skye Collins,' he wrote late Wednesday.

Then, on Thursday morning, he added the heartbreaking message: 'Omg they found her please help me cope I hate this feeling I feel so empty.'

As he learned that Melissa's stepfather Chase had been arrested he posted: 'I hope u fry for what u did to my daughter.'

He also posted several pictures of his daughter when she was a little girl.

Grief counselors have been brought in to the school the counsel students, who are preparing for final exams ahead of the Memorial Day holiday.

We mo
Melissa was a senior at North Hagerstown High School who was set to graduate on June 6. She was preparing to attend Messiah College, a Christian liberal arts school in eastern Pennsylvania that she picked because it was close enough that she could be near her family.

Her devastated father is beside himself with grief at losing his daughter.

'She loved everybody. She's a very loving girl. She would do everything for anybody. She was such a happy-go-lucky kid, I can't believe this happened,' he told Daily Mail Online.

'Everything in her life was going great. Everything except her stepfather.'

Stepmother Lisa Hassinger said Melissa had a boyfriend and played soccer and sang in choir.

She attended church regularly and in the summers would stay with her biological father and work as a counselor at a church camp.

'She was literally the most loving and caring child that I have ever met,' Mrs Hassinger said.

After she was reported missing, Mr Hassinger begged friends for help finding his daughter after she was reported missing.

'Still awake and no word yet this freaking sucks I love all my kids and your brothers and sisters want u home safe also please come home safe Melissa Skye Collins,' he wrote late Wednesday.

Then, on Thursday morning, he added the heartbreaking message: 'Omg they found her please help me cope I hate this feeling I feel so empty.'

As he learned that Melissa's stepfather Chase had been arrested he posted: 'I hope u fry for what u did to my daughter.'

He also posted several pictures of his daughter when she was a little girl.

Read arrested-murder-missing-17-year-old-police-body-hidden-basement.html#ixzz3aoqcVA3n

She was probably protecting the younger children and he beat her to death.

I hope he didn't rape her. :(

I also hold her mother responsible for bringing a guy like this into her life. He just looks like trouble and bad decisions to me:shrug:

qzr6BxJ.jpg

That's what I was thinking (mom). Where was mom? Did she know he was doing this, or was he one of these pieces of hog shit who only does it when she's not around and the girl was afraid to tell her? Did she try to tell her and mom blew it off, or told her to stick it out b/c "he's just...[blah, blah, blah]" choosing the dick and any income he brought in over her own daughter (that'd be a shocker :rolleyes:). She was obviously protective over her siblings, so did any of them see anything? Were they victimized themselves and afraid to tell? And, as much as I believe no mother couldn't know, I've learned that living in the Land of the Ungawdly Stupid can happen every blue moon. Soooo many sad, WTFs. She sacrificed herself to try to help save her sibs. That's a big, nasty heart pang. :(

Sad...she wanted stay with her brothers and sisters...of course she did. They're safe now...Rest in Peace little Hero...your work here is done. (tears)(sobs)

Naked body...

He raped her. :(
Yeah I was like why is she naked then it all clicked. Asshole needs to burn. Poor poor baby girl was just trying to do what her mother should have done and she lost her life for it. I hope it drives her mad what happened to her daughter. I'm sure her daughter made her concerns known long before she had to die to get it through her mamas love sick head. So much fail.

I agree its one thing to hide her body...its another thing for her to be naked. He raped her then strangled her. You all are right...she died trying to do the right thing and make sure her siblings were safe. The mother is as much to blame in her death. I hope the other kids are removed from the mother's home. RIP Melissa.

Well, now I feel sick. Goodbye quesadilla, you looked delicious until I clicked on this link. Why do I always click? Why?!

He is one creepy, pervy looking mofo. Disgusting inside and out. That poor sweet girl. :( I wish her dad could have 10 mins alone with this prick in an unsupervised, soundproof room... with a golf club.

Thirty-six-year-old Ernie Chase was sentenced Friday in Hagerstown, about 75 miles west of Baltimore. He was convicted in a plea deal in December of first-degree murder and second-degree rape in the 2015 slaying of Melissa Collins.

Collins was reported missing by her mother. Police found her body later that day under a pile of clothes in a bedroom of their Hagerstown home. An autopsy showed she died of strangulation and blunt force injuries.

Chase told police he hit Collins for talking back to him, and then strangled her with a cord. He pleaded guilty to murder but entered an Alford plea to the rape charge, acknowledging prosecutors had enough evidence to convict him.
LINK

Hidden under a pile of clothes in a bedroom, must have been a lovely home. How was that supposed to work?

Back