• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
n43fd.jpg

Megan Ellison​
CHARLESTON, WV -
According to a press release from the Center for Search and Investigations, investigators with the Parkersburg Police Department are asking for the public's assistance in locating Megan Ellison, a 16-year-old female, who was reported missing Sept. 10.
Authorities say Megan was last seen at her home in Parkersburg, WV. The release states that Megan is 5'4" tall and weighs 115 pounds. She has blonde hair with black color underneath and blue eyes.
Authorities say Megan has a serious medical condition and is in need of medications. "Megan is a beloved daughter who has many friends and family members
[....]
If you have any information on the whereabouts of Megan Ellison, you're asked to contact the Parkersburg Police Department.
http://www.wowktv.com/story/2348165...-pleading-for-help-megan-ellisonwest-virginia

She didn't go alone... I'm not sure why most of the coverage ignores this.

jvMlTZp.jpg
NqwaOx0.jpg

Megan Ellison, 16, and Joey Ecklund, 18, both of Parkersburg, were last seen on the evening of Sept. 10, Parkersburg Police Detective Jay Corbitt said. Ellison suffers from epilepsy and requires medication, Corbitt said.

The teens last known location was Belle in Kanawha County, where they reportedly used a debit-credit card at a convenience store on the same night, Corbitt said.

Ellison is described as a white female, about 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighs 108 pounds and has blond hair and blue eyes. Ecklund is a white male, about 6 feet 3 inches tall, weighs 200 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Ellison and Ecklund are believed to be driving a 2007 black Hyundai Sonata with a large dent in the passenger side door, Corbitt said.
http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/130919_19185.shtml

They want to charge him related to them running away but I've see nothing of any priors for him.
Detectives with the Parkersburg Police Department are looking for Joseph Adam Eklund, 18, 2210 26th Ave., on charges of felony grand larceny and misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

A criminal complaint in Wood County Magistrate Court alleged that on or about Sept. 10 Eklund left Parkersburg in a 2007 black Hyundai belonging to his grandmother. Eklund did not have permission to take the vehicle and has yet to return it. The vehicle is valued at more than $6,000.

When leaving town, Eklund took a 16-year-old female who has since been absent from school and noncompliant with her parents, police said.
http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page...for-grand-larceny--other-charge.html?nav=5061

Bring Megan Home on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Megan-Home/336525569826390

Detectives with the Parkersburg Police Department are looking for Joseph Adam Eklund, 18, 2210 26th Ave., on charges of felony grand larceny and misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
A criminal complaint in Wood County Magistrate Court alleged that on or about Sept. 10 Eklund left Parkersburg in a 2007 black Hyundai belonging to his grandmother. Eklund did not have permission to take the vehicle and has yet to return it. The vehicle is valued at more than $6,000.
When leaving town, Eklund took a 16-year-old female who has since been absent from school and noncompliant with her parents, police said.
I wonder if her parents pushed for charges on him. I get the theft charge but the statement about the non compliant with her parents makes me lean towards it maybe being her idea to leave. It makes her parents sound like they run a boot camp. If it was just how the police worded it, then they worded it badly. It makes it seem as if you have to do every single thing your parents tell you or risk being in trouble with the law.

A simple case of young lovers run away, I think the families are over reacting by laying charges on them. If anything it would make me want to go home even less. You know you're going to be in shit from your parents and on top of that you now risk serious jail time because grand larceny is a felony charge. I'd be more concerned with them coming home safely, they are pushing them away by charging them with crimes.

Last edited:
As it turns out Joey did have permission to take his grandmother's car. She falsely reported it stolen. Megan is a runaway, she wasn't "abducted" and she didn't just vanish in the middle of the night. She and Joey made this decision together. Reports of them being seen in Texas are probably not them. They have no money and unable to travel that far. I am a close friend of Joey's family. They are devastated and just want these kids home safe. Megan's family is pushing for charges against Joey which yes merely pushes them away and probably contributes to them not coming home. Joey is a good kid who made a bad decision. He's never ever been in trouble with the law or has any kind of history with this kind of thing. All we want is for these kids to come home safely. They are both loved and missed and their families are very worried.

I know Megan really well, She was my best friend when she lived with her dad. All I have to say is I know her and her mom had problems together and it doesn't surprise me that she ran away, but Megan please come home babe :'( I've been hearing things about you being dead and if that's true I'll lose it. I miss you girl, Please just come home :'(

I find it total bullshit that he's the only one charged for the car theft, they were clearly both involved. An 18 year old man is usually less mature than a 16 year old girl in my experience.

At approximately 6:45 p.m. this evening, officials with the Virginia Beach Police Department contacted Parkersburg police detectives advising they have Megan Ellison and Joseph Eklund in custody. Both Ellison and Eklund are reportedly facing shoplifting charges in Virginia Beach.

Parkersburg police detectives were looking for Joseph Adam Eklund for felony grand larceny and misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Criminal Complaints filed in Wood County Magistrate Court allege the following:

On or about 9-10-13, Eklund did leave Parkersburg in a 2007 black Hyundai belonging to his grandmother. Eklund did not have permission to take the vehicle and has yet to return it. The vehicle is valued at over $6,000.00.

On or about 9-10-13, when leaving Parkersburg in the above stated vehicle, Eklund took 16-year-old Megan Ellison with him. Ellison has since been absent from school and has been noncompliant with her parents.

[...]

Eklund was listed as Warrant of the Week on September 18. He will eventually be extradited back to West Virginia following court proceedings in Virginia Beach.

http://pkbpolice.com/wp/archives/2960

I am a close family friend of Joey's. Yes, they were both found in Virginia Beach, picked up for shop lifting. Both of them. Shoplifting. As happy as I am that Megan is home with her family Joey is still in jail in Virginia Beach waiting for extradition to West Virginia to face his charges. Hopefully the charges about the auto theft will be dropped as it has been discovered that his grandmother lied and he did NOT steal her car. She gave him the keys and gas money and then lied to police about it. Joey is the only way here facing charges, why? Because Megan is a minor? That doesn't make any sense to me. Joey's parents are an emotional wreck right now. I love them and I love Joey. I hope that he is doing okay and will be home soon. I'm so thankful that they were BOTH found safe and sound.

I am a close family friend of Joey's. Yes, they were both found in Virginia Beach, picked up for shop lifting. Both of them. Shoplifting. As happy as I am that Megan is home with her family Joey is still in jail in Virginia Beach waiting for extradition to West Virginia to face his charges. Hopefully the charges about the auto theft will be dropped as it has been discovered that his grandmother lied and he did NOT steal her car. She gave him the keys and gas money and then lied to police about it. Joey is the only way here facing charges, why? Because Megan is a minor? That doesn't make any sense to me. Joey's parents are an emotional wreck right now. I love them and I love Joey. I hope that he is doing okay and will be home soon. I'm so thankful that they were BOTH found safe and sound.

Do you know why they wanted to leave in the first place? Was there an issue with the parent(s) and the kids having a relationship?

I'm glad they were both found safe.

If she didn't drive the car then she wouldn't be charged.
It does say they were both caught shoplifting though and it just seems like they're pinning more stuff on him because of a two year age difference. Is that always the case that the driver is the only one at fault?

In that show baitcae the person in the passengers seat always gets charged too??

They get arrested but I don't think they actually see any charges. I may be wrong as laws are different in every state but I know in Oregon, California, and Washington that everyone in the car is arrested but only the people who drove the car can be charged.

When I was 12 or 13, I ran away from home with my friend and her bf. We stole a truck and drove it to Cali. My friend and her bf were both charged because they both drove the truck, I never drove it so I wasn't charged.

In addition to that, it would be really hard to prove she knew the car was stolen, he could have easily said grandma let him borrow the car and she believed him. That's probably not what happened but it would be hard to prove in court that she knew.

They get arrested but I don't think they actually see any charges. I may be wrong as laws are different in every state but I know in Oregon, California, and Washington that everyone in the car is arrested but only the people who drove the car can be charged.

When I was 12 or 13, I ran away from home with my friend and her bf. We stole a truck and drove it to Cali. My friend and her bf were both charged because they both drove the truck, I never drove it so I wasn't charged.

In addition to that, it would be really hard to prove she knew the car was stolen, he could have easily said grandma let him borrow the car and she believed him. That's probably not what happened but it would be hard to prove in court that she knew.

I just assumed it worked like theft by receiving stolen property, I guess.

Back