• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

taintfutcha

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1760137220080217?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A California meatpacker accused
of animal cruelty is making the largest U.S. meat
recall on record -- 143 million lbs, the
Agriculture Department said on Sunday.

Most of the meat, raw and frozen beef products,
probably has already been consumed, said USDA
officials at a briefing. Some 37 million lbs were bought
for school lunches and other federal nutrition programs.
USDA said there was only a minor risk of illness from eating the beef.

"minor risk"- reassuring..

Well its certainly good to hear that the USDA inspectors are so useful at preventing, I mean annotating, when bad meat has entered the food supply.

I wish they would quit showing them dragging those sick cows on the news.

How the hell am I supposed to get my 5 year old to sink her teeth into a delicious steak?

I must be immune to news like this. I was recently reading "Omnivore's Dilemma", watching a documentary about animal abuse, and eating a steak at the same time.

Damn, that steak was soooo good. There is no better food on the planet than a perfect steak. And not many foods as good as a halfway-decent steak.

my food comes from where all food comes from...the supermarket.

steak grows in the nice little packages with plastic wrap over it! its very convenient!

Back