• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

araisner

y40rn9w.jpg

http://abc7news.com/news/south-bay-infant-has-skull-fracture-in-alleged-abuse-case/1484638/

A 32-year-old father is accused of seriously injuring his baby daughter. Matthew Zabala is in custody for felony child abuse, and we've learned it's not the 32-year-old's first arrest.

This case is very similar to one involving the same father in a case from about six years ago. Both victims are girls and both were taken to the hospital for other medical reasons when doctors and nurses discovered likely signs of child abuse.

A 911 call brought an ambulance to an apartment on Boston Avenue in Santa Clara County's Burbank neighborhood. Paramedics took the 6-week old girl to Valley Medical Center where she was discovered to be in cardiac arrest.

But as they examined her and did scans, doctors discovered some disturbing trauma.

"They learned that there were over 14 fractures, including the skull," said Santa Clara County Sheriff's Sgt. James Jensen. "Sheriff's office homicide detectives, child abuse detectives, and crime scene investigators were immediately called out to the scene."

(...)

Superior court records indicate he spent seven months in the same jail, starting in 2010, after entering a no contest plea to felony child abuse.

Sunnyvale police reports say Zabala's other daughter, who was 4 years old at the time, suffered a high-impact blow to the right side of her head, leaving a cerebral contusion and causing internal bleeding. A younger child, a boy, was not injured.

They are believed to be the same children, now about 10 and 8, who they see visiting their father on Boston Avenue.​

This appears to be his FB.

They are believed to be the same children, now about 10 and 8, who they see visiting their father on Boston Avenue.

Why would you let a guy who nearly killed your child visit him? Why would you hook up with a guy who nearly killed a child previously? It's just unbelievable to me, But I guess I should believe it, it has happened.

The mother has to be held accountable here. How does a six week old baby sustain that number of fractures and the mother not have a clue. Seriously. The mother is the one that takes care of the baby the most during those first several weeks. The baby had to have some visual injuries. Constantly crying. Signs of some kind that something wasn't right and taken him to the ER. I don't believe she didn't have a clue. This baby has known not an ounce of love in the six weeks since birth. I just don't get how anyone can hurt a child. I've dealt with several difficult ones in my life. I just don't get it.

The poor baby died.

August 26, 2016

The six-week-old daughter of Matthew Zabala has died from her injuries.

Police say Zabala beat her more than once. He was in court Friday where a judge set his bail at $1 million.

Investigators say she suffered nine broken ribs, a fractured left arm and multiple leg fractures. The six-week old baby girl, whose father is accused of child abuse, has died from a fractured skull. That means her father is now facing murder charges and could be sentenced to life in prison.

"Early this morning, baby Mila succumbed to her injuries and was taken off life support. We have charged her father, Matthew Zabala, with murder," said chief trial Deputy Stacey Capps.

Zabala, admitted to detectives that he had been too rough with Mila on several occasions. He admitted to deputies he forcibly ripped Mila from a car seat the previous day, causing her to hit her head on the carry handle. The car seat then fell to the ground.

Matthew Thompson lives directly below the apartment where investigators say a Mila was repeatedly beaten by her own father.

"We really are all shocked," he said. "I never heard anything suspicious. I heard the baby crying once and while. I could hear moving around, but I never heard any violence."

Neighbors say Zabala's two older children often stayed at the apartment. He lived with his girlfriend, Mila's mom. Zabala has a record of child abuse.

"I just think it's so sad that a 6-week-old baby girl, all she knew was this brutality," said neighbor Darlene Wallech. "How could our system be such that somebody who has previous child abuse conviction get custody of his children."

Zabala was in court Friday afternoon where he was charged with the murder of his infant daughter. A public defender and court bailiff kept Zabala out of camera range, but he was briefly visible through a window.

Zabala's bail was set at $1 million over the objection of the chief trial deputy because of his prior conviction six years ago for injuries to an older daughter. For that, he was sentenced to seven months in jail.

http://abc7news.com/news/murder-charges-filed-against-dad-after-baby-dies-from-beating/1486744/

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04...0-years-to-life-for-killing-newborn-daughter/
24 April 2018
[...]
Tuesday, a Santa Clara County judge sentenced Matthew Zabala — who already had a previous child-abuse conviction — to a maximum 20 years to life in prison for killing his daughter and abusing the child’s mother and another woman he was dating at the time.
[...]
[doublepost=1524670626,1524666261][/doublepost]The baby mother was abused too but she chose a known baby basher. I wonder how many friends or relatives warned her to stay away from Zabala?
Zabala’s relationship with Mila’s mother began around the time he was serving a sentence for abusing another daughter he fathered with a different woman. Authorities and court records show that after a 2010 child-abuse conviction, Zabala wore an ankle bracelet for seven months and was given four years of probation.

Roid Rage Zabala won't like prison.
No females to abuse.

Hey inmates, when spotting him on the weights, let it slip.
Or you can always drop some on his knee caps til they shatter.

Back