• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
10/17/17
article-suicide-1017.jpg

Matthew Stubbendieck, 41, is charged with assisted suicide after he led authorities to his girlfriend Alicia Wilemon-Sullivan's body in Nebraska.
(CASS COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT)

A man was arrested and charged with assisted suicide after his girlfriend reportedly told him she would rather die in his arms than continue living with stage four cancer, according to court documents.

After Matthew Stubbendieck, 41, led authorities to the woods where his girlfriend Alicia Wilemon-Sullivan, 38, cut her own wrists, an autopsy revealed she didn’t have any cancerous masses or tumors in her body.

Wilemon-Sullivan told her boyfriend of more than a year that the cancer had spread to the lymph nodes of her neck, armpit and stomach, according to court records.

The 38-year-old said she wanted to die in his arms, and the couple planned her suicide in phone calls and texts, KETV reported.

Stubbendieck told authorities he had never accompanied his girlfriend to medical appointments, according to the records. He said he didn't think she had a regular doctor, but that she had been diagnosed and treated in emergency rooms.

In late July, she left her three children behind in Florida and flew to meet Stubbendieck in his home state of Nebraska, according to an affidavit cited by KETV.

They walked into an area called Acapulco Lake, where they stayed for several hours as she tried to kill herself, according to the records.

Authorities said Stubbendieck tried to suffocate her twice, but stopped because she appeared to be suffering.

She was still able to whisper when he left her around 9:30 p.m., and he returned the next day to find Wilemon-Sullivan dead with wounds a doctor said were consistent with self-inflicted cuts.

An investigation found Wilemon-Sullivan had chemicals in her system, including morphine. While there was nothing to prove she had cancer, the evidence didn’t conclusively prove she was cancer-free either, Lt. Larry Burke told the Omaha World-Herald. The cause of her death in a final autopsy report was also undetermined.

While Stubbendieck said he promised his girlfriend not to tell anyone about her death for five or six months, he contacted the police three days later...

...family members are now calling for authorities to prosecute Stubbendieck “to the fullest extent allowable under Nebraska law.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...g-girlfriend-commit-suicide-article-1.3568289

Stubbendieck told authorities he had never accompanied his girlfriend to medical appointments, according to the records. He said he didn't think she had a regular doctor, but that she had been diagnosed and treated in emergency rooms.

Today I learned cancer is diagnosed in emergency rooms.

How much you wanna bet his nickname growing up was 'stupid dick'.

He is one.

Just wow. He sure got himself into one giant mess here. I can't believe he did it...first...second he did it with no facts or proof to back it up...you don't go to the emergency room for treatment for cancer...except generally for life threatening situations...and third...SHE HAD THREE CHILDREN. Just WTF.

In late July, she left her three children behind in Florida and flew to meet Stubbendieck in his home state of Nebraska, according to an affidavit cited by KETV.

So, it was a long distance relationship. Frankly, I don't believe his account at all.

So, it was a long distance relationship. Frankly, I don't believe his account at all.
I do, the article referenced text messages between the two in regards to planning her suicide ..

He's still dumb as fuck for believing her bullshit without any proof ..

I know I'm in the minority when I say if someone wants to end their life, who am I to impose my will on them. Sure, I'll suggest professional help and counseling and even assist them in getting it if that's what they want, but in the end, its up to them.

boy, was he played. I would do everything to try and talk someone out of suicide & get them help but in some extreme cases can understand assisted suicide. I was around men with aids in the Bay area Calif during late 90s and have no idea how they were able to take what looked like being tortured like guinea pigs as well as deathly ill and in pain. Never will forget practically scrapping a friend of an employer up off the pavement in front of the store to find they had done a liver biopsy on him just earlier [and I think he was conscious but know he wasn't kept in hospital] but this, his intent though really misplaced, was to help and she offed herself, they probably need to put him under suicide watch

Damn, she could have stayed her ass home and died all alone in the woods.

What happened to the 'I'm going to die in your arms' Romeo and Juliet fantasy bs?

Bert from Sesame Street was never the same after his head injury.

True he is a moron, but she was the one pushing for it.
Hope he at least got to bang her,
otherwise this goes from tragic to hilariously twisted.

. his girlfriend reportedly told him she would rather die in his arms

. She was still able to whisper when he left her around 9:30 p.m., and he returned the next day to find Wilemon-Sullivan dead with wounds a doctor said were consistent with self-inflicted cuts.
Ass hole left her to die alone.
What a prick.

I dont understand what crime he committed here.

It's illegal to sit in the woods with someone while they cut their own wrists? The fuck!???

Back