• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Indiana teen has lost his job and now he's worried about his parents after this video of him chanting racial slurs and holding a Nazi flag went viral online.

"Saying on a megaphone a lot of hateful things that I shouldn't have," replied Mat Blood, the teen seen in the video.

Raven Cobb shared the video on social media, "someone had to say something about it. Those kids are making it seem like it's ok to say stuff like that in and outside of school which it's not ok whatsoever."

Christy Kriese saw the video on a Noblesville Schools Facebook group - she has a son who goes to Noblesville High School.

"I definitely think something needs to be done about that because there are kids that are African Americans here."

Noblesville schools released this statement: "we are aware of the ugly social media post that has been circulating recently. We do not condone this type of behavior and are passionate about creating an environment where all our students and staff feel respected. We are addressing this issue with the students in question."

"I’m sincerely ashamed - I wish I wouldn't have done it."

Blood gave a reason for why he shouted the slurs, "they dared me to do something - I did it - I really never back out from a dare."

He says he lost his job and is worried his parents might too and now he's worried about his future.

"I planned to join the army but that's probably not gonna happen now. I'm so sorry for all the people I’ve offended - I’m ashamed of myself there's no question about it - my family's ashamed of me - and like I wish I could change it."
http://www.kmov.com/story/37288793/teen-ashamed-after-nazi-flag-video-goes-viral

"I definitely think something needs to be done about that because there are kids that are African Americans here."

Here's the thing ... white lives matter too and if this kid wants to scream it from the roof tops,

then that should be okay.

But more importantly ... we should listen to kids, because there are million more kids

that think like him coming down the tube and we should be paying attention

to their point of view ...
[doublepost=1516246195,1516246134][/doublepost]
I'm so sorry for all the people I’ve offended - I’m ashamed of myself there's no question about it - my family's ashamed of me - and like I wish I could change it."

I don't believe this part.

Please take your racist, Neo-Nazi shit elsewhere.

Or, and here's a thought....fucking DIE.

I'm not a racist ... we should pay attention to kids, and our young adults.

Fucking die is extreme ... @FrayedKnot ... Menopause is hard ... but you shouldn't be making

suggestions like that. like go see a doctor to deal with your anger issues.

Fucking DIE ... in Capitals ??? You're being abusive ... like come on ... you work with kids.

Talk like this on the internet and go to work with children the next day ... TERRIFYING!

The real question is not about him saying it or not but rather,
if he believes it and is only upset for being caught and outted.

I suspect he and his friends take it to heart as it was likely freely discussed.
It was presented as a dare because they knew it would cause a flap and fallout.
Which is has.

While accepting a dare can be cute or empowering, it is hardly an excuse for doing something stupid, knowingly hateful, damaging or otherwise violence inciting.

As much as the racism issue is front and centre these days and appears to only getting more volatile,
people need to take a step back on both sides.
The word offends, but there is so much more to the argument.
It offends blacks, yet they can fling it like punches or hugs at one another.
Whites are said not to get it...true I suppose.

The slur comes from the Latin term niger for black skinned, or black.
Later becoming negro in Spain and Portugal.
It was never intended as a slur any more than calling a white person "white" was.
Yes it has devolved into something hateful, but how did it get that power?

The power was given to the word through tone, inflection and accompanying verbage and descriptors.
It was also given power by reactions to it.
White guys uses it coupled with "fucking","dirty" or "goddamn" and others and it offends the black target.
Rightfully so because it is clearlly meant pejoratively and in a demeaning sense.
But consider switching it...
Make the black guy use "white","honky" or "cracker" coupled with any of the above and the impact is minimal if there even is one.

What am I driving at.
Well, until the day comes that there can be a universally accepted insult for whites with the same power as the N-bomb, whites won't get it. It will just be seen as a word.
Until the day comes that blacks stop trying to claim it and own it somehow, all using it will do is create mixed messages about the word.

Am I saying stop fighting with words...no.
People always will....hell just look on this site...lol.
But call an asshole an asshole, a dick a dick and so forth.
Just leave it at that.
Bringing race into it is frankly moronic given we are in fact all the same...

The Human Race...unless you're an asshole.

There's a similar debate in the LGBTQ community about whether or not queer is a slur because some people want to reclaim it. As a person who grew up being called dyke, lesbo, queer, etc I wouldn't feel comfortable calling myself that because it was used as an insult however if another person in the community thought it was empowering to them, I'd let them

But outside of those communities, nobody should call a POC or LGBTQ person those words. There's no reason for it other than offending

Last edited:
There's a similar debate in the LGBTQ community about whether or not queer is a slur because some people want to reclaim it. As a person who grew up being called dyke, lesbo, queer, etc I wouldn't feel comfortable calling myself that because it was used as an insult however if another person in the community thought it was empowering to them, I'd let them

But outside of those communities, nobody should call a POC or LGBTQ person those words. There's no reason for it other than offending

I like this.

Now would you agree though that the words only have power because we grant them power.
For instance consider means of an attack.

The best soldiers, warriors, boxers all know one thing...
to attack at a point of weakness/ vulnerability.
But if the weakness or vulnerabilty is removed or concealed what then?
How do you call someone not wearing glasses or wearing contact lenses 4 eyes for example ?
(and screw yas all I wear glasses...lol)
One can only resort to broad attacks as the focused ones are ineffective...true?
So instead of lobbing epithets regarding sexual orientation,
one is left going the generic "asshole", "shithead" and so on route.

Words gain their true power from how each individual takes it for the most part.

One of the best examples I once read was as follows.
Takes the following words...
wool
get
your
the
teeth
of
out

Hardly offending but assemble as so...
"Get the wool out of your teeth"
present it to a Welshman.
Now you have one of the worst insults in existence. (apologies to any Welsh folks in here, honestly this is for demonstrative purposes only).
Yet none of those words have any power to harm used in any context.

Words are one thing, but language is altogether another.

To some extent but I'd argue given their historical context and impact especially where those two groups are not only regularly and systemically discriminated against but also lynched and murdered, those words have a lot more power than just figurative

I mean being called 4-eyes or a sheep-shagger might hurt emotionally because it's tied up in aspects of your identity you have little to no power over but to others hearing a person yell nigger or queer is a precursor to violence

I like this.

Now would you agree though that the words only have power because we grant them power.
For instance consider means of an attack.

The best soldiers, warriors, boxers all know one thing...
to attack at a point of weakness/ vulnerability.
But if the weakness or vulnerabilty is removed or concealed what then?
How do you call someone not wearing glasses or wearing contact lenses 4 eyes for example ?
(and screw yas all I wear glasses...lol)
One can only resort to broad attacks as the focused ones are ineffective...true?
So instead of lobbing epithets regarding sexual orientation,
one is left going the generic "asshole", "shithead" and so on route.

Words gain their true power from how each individual takes it for the most part.

One of the best examples I once read was as follows.
Takes the following words...
wool
get
your
the
teeth
of
out

Hardly offending but assemble as so...
"Get the wool out of your teeth"
present it to a Welshman.
Now you have one of the worst insults in existence. (apologies to any Welsh folks in here, honestly this is for demonstrative purposes only).
Yet none of those words have any power to harm used in any context.

Words are one thing, but language is altogether another.

"Taffy was a Welshman, Taffy was a thief;
Taffy came to my house and stole a leg of beef"

Reminder that free speech protects you from the government not its people and even then there's limits...

Also, free speech does not mean free from consequences. The number of morons who think "free speech" means they can say anything to anyone in any format, and have zero consequences, is amazing.

To some extent but I'd argue given their historical context and impact especially where those two groups are not only regularly and systemically discriminated against but also lynched and murdered, those words have a lot more power than just figurative

I mean being called 4-eyes or a sheep-shagger might hurt emotionally because it's tied up in aspects of your identity you have little to no power over but to others hearing a person yell nigger or queer is a precursor to violence

I understand that.
What if though. there was no reaction?
Nothing.

I have seenn people do this and it is shocking how effective it is.
The words are less weaponized because they won't fo what an assailant most wants...to insult and get a rise.
Instead they become a blaring broadcast of the users inability to say anything remotely constructive.
Does it change overnight...of course not but it can happen.
Why drop an N-bomb if it doesn't go off?

I don't feel the approach is to try and get racists to understand they are hurting someone.
The method of remedy is to show them how they hurt themselves.
Then if they still don't get it, ya knock their teeth out and send them to a gay black dentist!
(Come on I know yer smiling...lol)

I get what you're talking about, I was once called fat, I said, Yeah and your point is? (because I am fat) That left them there standing with their mouths open, they had nothing else but insults, and if the insults don't insult, they got nothing.:)

I get what you're talking about, I was once called fat, I said, Yeah and your point is? (because I am fat) That left them there standing with their mouths open, they had nothing else but insults, and if the insults don't insult, they got nothing.:)
Precisely.

Whenever I was called fat, I simply agreed with them and said, "and you're ugly, but I can diet."

So many snewflakes around now. What happened to the good of days of "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?"

I understand that.
What if though. there was no reaction?
Nothing.

I tried fighting, ignoring, telling, and walking away; none of them worked. I had to start dating boys. If it makes someone feel better to say 'Words can't hurt me' and they mean it and it works then good, I'm glad for them. But there's something dismissive in telling people who are harassed that they're allowing it to happen and imo it takes responsibility away from the harassers

I love the irony of these little white dudes that spout racist shit all the while bumping beats like hood rats!

I simply think if people can’t be decent and keep their fucking shit in their own mouths then punch them in the fucking face, I guess I’m what’s wrong with America...zero given!

I tried fighting, ignoring, telling, and walking away; none of them worked. I had to start dating boys. If it makes someone feel better to say 'Words can't hurt me' and they mean it and it works then good, I'm glad for them. But there's something dismissive in telling people who are harassed that they're allowing it to happen and imo it takes responsibility away from the harassers

My daughter is gay and has been bullied horribly by kids at her school.

She tried ignoring it. Until she almost took her own life.

So, yeah....words hurt. And fuck you who call the bullied "snowflakes".

I prefer not to bury my child because some people thought she was "too sensitive"

:mad::punch: :rage:
[doublepost=1516335374,1516335038][/doublepost]
Whenever I was called fat, I simply agreed with them and said, "and you're ugly, but I can diet."

So many snewflakes around now. What happened to the good of days of "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?"

Ahhhh the "Good Old Days"

When were those again?

Before civil rights? Back when fags and niggers were killed just because?

Oh!!!!! How about when Hitler kilt all them damned Jews.

All those speshul Snowflakes.

Fuck you.

As a society we are just raising a bunch of sloppy pussies who are going to make great slaves when they grow up. When I was a kid we fought our fucking bullies. Sometimes we won. Sometimes we lost. But we always got stronger and moved on.
Now days these little fucking kids are killing themselves because they are being bullied. Its not the bullies that are the problem. Or the different kids who are being bullied. Its this lame ass fucking society we live in and all these fucking brainwashed adults that let it happen.
There are no losers....everyone gets a participation trophy. Everyone a winner! BULLSHIT...In the real world people fucking lose. They get beat out in the work place, passed over for promotions. Life is not fucking fair and it never will be. People need to quit lying to their children and prepare them for the cold, harsh realities of the real world. Your job is not to just massage your children's little egos. Your job is to get the little motherfuckers toughened up and ready to survive...

Throwing insults at others is simple minded and obtuse.

When my great grandfolks came to America, there were signs all over 5 points
that read
"No dogs or Irish allowed".
But the Irish gained some respect due to their work ethic and toughness. They worked in mines and laying railroad to support the ridiculous amount of children Irish Catholics produce.
But they chose to come here and assimilate in the community. They opened a dairy which during it's heyday was a very successful operation, and well respected.
Anyone here old enough to remember when they delivered milk to your door?

Last edited:
Why, yes, I am that old. However, I grew up in the south so not many Irish folks. We had plenty of other people to be racist about though. :rolleyes: Hard to understand how people can be racist about someone's background, but can't get enough of their ethnic foods and stuff. Not sure how exactly that works in the brain.

As a society we are just raising a bunch of sloppy pussies who are going to make great slaves when they grow up. When I was a kid we fought our fucking bullies. Sometimes we won. Sometimes we lost. But we always got stronger and moved on.
Now days these little fucking kids are killing themselves because they are being bullied. Its not the bullies that are the problem. Or the different kids who are being bullied. Its this lame ass fucking society we live in and all these fucking brainwashed adults that let it happen.
There are no losers....everyone gets a participation trophy. Everyone a winner! BULLSHIT...In the real world people fucking lose. They get beat out in the work place, passed over for promotions. Life is not fucking fair and it never will be. People need to quit lying to their children and prepare them for the cold, harsh realities of the real world. Your job is not to just massage your children's little egos. Your job is to get the little motherfuckers toughened up and ready to survive...
Interesting. I never saw a fight until I was a senior in high school. Some ineffectual swinging, a lot of shuffling, then over because a teacher was coming. I can't remember being taught this specifically, but the culture of my region enforced the idea that fighting was hillbilly/low class/white trash behavior, the mark of a loser.

Calling people names is a power play, an attempt to keep them in their place and remind them they’re not like “real” people. A good example is calling someone a snowflake because they insist on being treated civilly.

Back