• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
Struggling to breathe under water in her bathtub, Rowena Broedel thought she saw God, she told police.

Mark Broedel later confessed to duct-taping his wife's hands and mouth in a fury and dunking her in the bathtub of their Greenacres home until she passed out and nearly drowned, reports show.

Broedel, 37, was arrested Sunday on attempted murder charges, according to jail records.
Broedel will be charged with attempted first-degree murder, assistant state attorney Mary Ann Duggan said on Monday in court. Palm Beach County Judge Ted S. Booras ordered Broedel held in lieu of $300,000 bail and ordered he have no contact with his wife.

According to a Greenacres Public Safety Department report, Rowena Broedel, 36, told officers just before dawn on Sunday that she and her husband had gotten into a spat while shopping and he'd threatened to beat her when they got home. She said she'd refused to leave the store for 45 minutes but finally acquiesced.

When the couple got home, the wife told officers, Mark Broedel threw her on the bed and taped her hands behind her back. She said when she threatened to call police, he began punching her in the abdomen and face.

She said he started the water in the tub, then took her to it, forced her to her knees and pushed her head under water for 15 to 30 seconds at a time, repeatedly pulling her up for air and then plunging her back down.

Rowena Broedel told police she struggled and jerked and swallowed large amounts of water and "reported seeing the Lord and asking him for help," the report said.

She said she finally fell unconscious while under water.

The wife said she later regained consciousness. She said her husband had drained the tub and gone out to the bedroom. She said she lay on the bathroom floor for about an hour. She said the tape had grown loose from being wet and she was able to free herself.

She said she changed her clothes and went out to the bedroom. She said her husband was "very apologetic" and the two went out shopping for food and a movie. She said she stayed in the car to hide her bruised face.

When the couple returned home, Rowena Broedel said, they got into another argument and she fled the home and flagged a ride to the home of her mother, who took her to JFK Medical Center in Atlantis. Authorities there contacted police.

At first, the report said, Mark Broedel told officers his wife had grabbed a knife and threatened to kill herself while filling the tub and had then slipped. He later broke down and confessed, the report said.

It said Rowena Broedel had filed an abuse complaint on June 20, then dropped it, saying she'd fabricated the confrontation.

Palm Beach County Jail records show no previous arrests for Mark Broedel.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/fl-greenacres-murder-attempt-20100809,0,4420951.story

If he did this which it seems he did and she doesn't pursue it she will eventually end up dead. If she doesn't get some self-confidence and self-respect.. eventually she will end up in another abusive situation. It seems to be a pattern of victims placing themselves in situations which end up similar.

She said she changed her clothes and went out to the bedroom. She said her husband was "very apologetic" and the two went out shopping for food and a movie. She said she stayed in the car to hide her bruised face.

I'm sorry...... but WHAT??? Yea, that's the reaction I would've had too.

Dumbass...

I'm sorry...... but WHAT???

Yea, that's the reaction I would've had too.

Dumbass...

I have to say that to the outside world, her behavior promts the "dumbass" reaction. It shouldn't. She was frightened and exhausted from these confrontations. I am sure that during the days leading up to this there was probably alot of verbal abuse by him that culminated in the physical attack(s). Being a recovering victim of DV, the last thing a victim wants is to have the world know thier shame, especially family and friends (whats left of them anyway). I am sure he was in complete control of her throughout thier relationship. In order for her to be able to pursue this and cooperate with the DA, she needs kindness and support. It is a living nightmare to be on the recieving end of DV. A person feels hopeless and out of control, a prisoner in thier own life, not really knowing where to turn.. its an alternate reality. An abuser insn't in "abuser mode" always, there are stretches of calm, where the abuser reassures thier victim that they are sorry and it will never happen again, giving the victim a false sense of security, and as we all know, when you truely love someone you can forgive them almost anything.

I hope for this victim she is given the guidance and support she needs from not only the legal system but from her family and friends.

I also hope that the POS accused, is prosecuted.

The VAWA immigration loop-hole:There are a number of factors that these psychopathic immigrants use to carry out their diabolic plan, The truth will set you free! I did nothing to thia girl! And have the proof. Even familythat seen her in action...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er9ghAeLJUg I aslo have text messages that say do my paper work or i will kill your dog, you will pay for my family back home and force me to pay for her son. And another text saying i cant wait till december , if you dont do my paper work now i will pick up the other case and use it to convit you to get what i want...You guy got the story twisted and if you cant see the truth god help you ...

I would go after your passive aggressive ass, too. Instead of grabbing a camera in the middle of it all, why the hell didn't you check into a hotel?

I'm sure "fruitcake" was the mildest of your pet names for the woman YOU married and chose to stay with... Even after all the so called mistreatment you endured, big man. You are a sick motherfucker if you think your videos offer any proof of anything other than your own stupidity.

And the videos offer NO excuse for what you are accused of.

ETA: After fully watching this video, I would have done a HELL of a lot more to your shithead ass. You are lucky to not be married to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD_lFZ8-I9I

And I downloaded it to preserve it in case he grows a brain and removes it.

The VAWA immigration loop-hole:There are a number of factors that these psychopathic immigrants use to carry out their diabolic plan, The truth will set you free! I did nothing to
thia girl! And have the proof. Even familythat seen her in action...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWSGDaD86Tw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD_lFZ8-I9I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er9ghAeLJUg I aslo have text messages that say do my paper work or i will kill your dog, you will pay for my family back home and force me to pay for her son. And another text saying i cant wait till december , if you dont do my paper work now i will pick up the other case and use it to convit you to get what i want...You guy got the story twisted and if you cant see the truth god help you ...

I believe I can fly.... I believe I can touch the sky.

I believe you're a fucking douchebag.

Last edited:
Someone *kill* this bastard now. We certainly don't need him 'procreating'.

You jackass, you're a selfish, self-serving, egotistical piece of shit. Sadly, I wish she had been successful in stabbing you. Maybe she'd have gotten the death penalty but I suspect to her it would've been far better than living with the likes of you. You make me sick, and in my opinion, you don't deserve the freedoms the rest of us enjoy. EVERYTHING you said to her, you said to illicit a reaction. Any one with half a brain cell watching these videos can see that. You aren't an 'innocent' in any of this. YOU chose to marry her. And now you abuse her, mentally, by saying the shit you spew at her. No wonder she snapped. You are a fucking idiot!

no love,
~shadow

The VAWA immigration loop-hole:There are a number of factors that these psychopathic immigrants use to carry out their diabolic plan, The truth will set you free! I did nothing to thia girl! And have the proof. Even familythat seen her in action...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWSGDaD86Tw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD_lFZ8-I9I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er9ghAeLJUg I aslo have text messages that say do my paper work or i will kill your dog, you will pay for my family back home and force me to pay for her son. And another text saying i cant wait till december , if you dont do my paper work now i will pick up the other case and use it to convit you to get what i want...You guy got the story twisted and if you cant see the truth god help you ...
Mark
She is not psychotic, you are extremely cruel.
You just sat there and drove her crazy. I've never seen someone be that cruel to a woman for extended periods of time. You don't deserve her or any other woman. Somewhere someone did you wrong and you are a bitter little twisted fuck. If I was there and saw you do that, I would kick your ass on the spot man. You really need it bad. Someone is gonna teach you a lesson real soon. I hope she puts a knife through your heart when you are asleep, cuts your dick off and shoves it your mouth and then posts it all over the internet.

I agree with you [MENTION=1178]malq[/MENTION]. This dickcheese deserves a severe ass beating, and then some. Fucking idiot.

~shadow

Listen here you fat, small-dicked little fuck. You're lucky you haven't come across someone like me who would hit your ass back and who doesn't put up with little pricks like you talking to me that way. That knife would be wedged in your belly-fat so deep you wouldn't be able to pull it out. I would have slammed that iron across your face to teach you a lesson. You are a piece of shit motherfucker who preys on the weak. If you think coming in here saying she married you for immigration reasons and then posting videos of you verbally mind-fucking her is going to get you some sympathy, you are DEAD WRONG. Why don't you try using that video in your defense hearing, buddy? I'm reallllly sure it will help your cause.:thefinger:

You're a bully. Thank you for necroing this thread and proving what a horrible human being you are.

Is anyone who saw the video surprised that it's been removed (along with all others) and the YouTube Account closed??? I hope the authorities that it was reported to saw it. If not, I have a copy of what was publicly available.

What a self-centered delusional asshat. Talk about "proof" doing a major backfire. :pound:

I think megamix is one of my ex husbands. Not sure which one though, the last one apologized, so it's not him, but I've twisted more than one tail! megamix is just your run of the mill misogynist control freak who can only feel like a man when he's dominating and controlling a woman. You can destroy someone with words a lot easier than with physical violence. Just try to get the cops to come out and arrest your husband for calling you names.

First off your a fucking retard, check to see what your reporting is true.... The video and others have been there for 2 yrs and are set to private. And the account is still there and has never been deleted, ever...Also just to let you know the police are now looking into your claim of coping with out my consent. Nothing backfired on me , there was a group study to show you would say the things just as you did. The group was family , friends, and a police officer who know and seen the real facts . The facts that this is all a very big scam, and extortion. The point of all of this was to show poeple that this kind of shit realy happens. And yes she is a fruit cake.. The state has the tapes along with the police and she was found to be mentally ill.. And yes if you brake things and act like a freek and i say your a fuit cake.. I have the right to do so.. This pile off shit runs very deep and im not going to explain it all to you guys. One fact is there was never a stopper in the tub so you cant fiil it, and you cant go back to empty it later on...and the fact that all her statements and reports, even on the stand are all lies and dont match what so ever.. and that she wrote a statement in witch she doesnt speek english and needs an interpreter . The vidoe you say was my first day in canada, so no time to piss her off that was how she was 50% of the time. Wen had bs her way to get what she wanted a free ride of me. Seems that you goys are smart so dont you think you should seek the facts before you convict someone. What if this was your hell....

Who was coping?

What kind of study, and why would you study us?

Learn how to spell

What is this sentence supposed to mean?

robynne is right, most of what you said doesn't make much sense even when you allow for the misspelled words and horrible grammar. if you could rewrite it and spell most of the words correctly and keep to the point instead of calling names, maybe we can figure out what you are trying to express.

deleted this
So you have the cojones to come on here again spewing bullshit, but then again, think twice and delete it. One thing I've always said is if you have the balls to say something, have the balls to back it up. If you are wrong, admit it and apologize. In your case, it's obvious you only feel regret because no one on here buys your bogus claims. One would believe that if you are conducting a study, you would be able to actually write coherently and spell properly. Put down the al-al-al-alcohol and move on. Don't you have bigger things to worry about than what the people on the most awesome website in the universe have to say about you?

He was ashamed or something.......naw that couldn't be it, he's not wrong, didn't he tell us with his very own typing that he was being persecuted for something he didn't do and we have the utmost audacity not to believe him? Just why would he lie?

I don't believe a word of it, not even the three words that were spelled right.

Geeze Louise!! What a maroon!

Last edited:
wait, so this assclown came back and deleted ALL of his comments, including the posted video one? ROFL what an 'intelligent' thing to do.. NOT. There is record of it. Once it's on the internet, it stays on the internet and nothing you can do, will change that, you sorry excuse for a human being. Man.. I hated my ex for most of the shit he did, but I gotta say.. You topped the cake with your brand of bullying. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on, range rider. You won't garner sympathy from anyone here, so don't try.

~shadow

LOL he was so pissed off he could barely manage to write one coherent sentence! That last deleted post looks like it was written by a 7 year old having a temper tantrum!

Nothing backfired on me , there was a group study to show you would say the things just as you did. The group was family , friends, and a police officer who know and seen the real facts .

A group of lobotomized Rhesus monkeys could have told you we would say the things just as we did! Because that is the ONLY logical response to the shit you posted, you indubitable dipshit. But hey, since you're backed up by such an unbiased group as your own friends and family... and one random cop(and we have to take your already questionable word on said cop's existence) we should totally all hang our heads in shame.

Hang on, I'm going to go do a group study.

Yep, all my friends and family agree that you're an idiot! See! I can do that too! AND I can spell "you're" correctly! Bonus points for me!

Quote Originally Posted by megamix View Post
First off your a fucking retard, check to see what your reporting is true.... The video and others have been there for 2 yrs and are set to private. And the account is still there and has never been deleted, ever...Also just to let you know the police are now looking into your claim of coping with out my consent. Nothing backfired on me , there was a group study to show you would say the things just as you did. The group was family , friends, and a police officer who know and seen the real facts . The facts that this is all a very big scam, and extortion. The point of all of this was to show poeple that this kind of shit realy happens. And yes she is a fruit cake.. The state has the tapes along with the police and she was found to be mentally ill.. And yes if you brake things and act like a freek and i say your a fuit cake.. I have the right to do so.. This pile off shit runs very deep and im not going to explain it all to you guys. One fact is there was never a stopper in the tub so you cant fiil it, and you cant go back to empty it later on...and the fact that all her statements and reports, even on the stand are all lies and dont match what so ever.. and that she wrote a statement in witch she doesnt speek english and needs an interpreter . The vidoe you say was my first day in canada, so no time to piss her off that was how she was 50% of the time. Wen had bs her way to get what she wanted a free ride of me. Seems that you goys are smart so dont you think you should seek the facts before you convict someone. What if this was your hell....

You Dumb turd. copied your tape as well. I told them that the next morning when I called the palm beach sherriffs office and told then what you were up to. They took the info and transferred me to Greencacres who knew you well. I have them the URL of both places. You tube and here. I could have went farther and called your P.O.

You are truly an idiot for coming in here flapping your cocksucker. i hope you go to prison.

Damn, I overslept and missed another one. I see megamix running away with his tail tucked, looking back and yelping, "yipe, yipe, yipe"! all the way home. Thanks malq, for being one of the good guys...you know, the ones who actually LIKE women!

Thanks [MENTION=4295]Robynne[/MENTION] for quoting that asshat... or should I say "coping" it? :pound:

Why do you bother posting crap if you are going to delete it? If the video and your comments are so full of TRUTH, why delete them?

I am not worried about the police knocking on my door to see if I "coped" the video that YOU publicly posted.

You know... the video where you repeatedly called her a fruitcake in addition to saying things like "immature little fucking bitch", "acting like a retard", "notice the head how it's oblong shaped, brains falling out", "dumb bitch", "see how tarded she is", "freakazoid", "fucking fruit loop" and taunted her like a 12 year old about having "mental issues" in a just over TWO MINUTE video.

And you have the audacity to say SHE is the one with a problem? Your comments and actions on the video and in this forum expose who the one with the problem is. It's obvious to all that you have far worse problems than she supposedly does.

Back