• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2ajdhf8.jpg

Courtez McMillian was busted in the beating, and other arrests may be coming soon.​
[...]
32-year-old Marine was beaten by a group of men outside of a Mississippi restaurant after he was warned it wasn't safe for white people in the wake of the Michael Brown killing in Missouri,
[...]
Ralph Weems, an Iraq war veteran, was in fair condition at North Mississippi Medical Center
[...]
a hospital spokeswoman said Monday. But his brother-in-law said that Weems had undergone brain surgery. The hospital would not respond to
[...]
regarding that claim.

A 22-year-old man was busted in the beating and other arrests likely are coming soon
[...]
David Knighten, a friend of Weems, told
[....]
that pair was followed early Saturday morning from a Waffle House in West Point, Miss., following an argument with black customers. A man outside the Waffle House told Weems that it wasn't safe for white people in the wake of the fatal shooting of Brown by a Ferguson, Mo., cop earlier this month
[...]
The pair was then followed by at least 20 African-Americans as they stopped at a Huddle House on their way to Weems' home,
[...]
When Knighten emerged from the restroom, he said Weems was surrounded.

When a security guard asked everyone to leave, Knighten said he was separated from Weems and couldn't reach him. Weems was on the ground being kicked by a group of people
[....]
Knighten suffered broken facial bones and other injuries
[...]
"All my injuries were minor fractures and lacerations," Knighten wrote on Facebook,
[...]
"I just wish I could have reached him sooner. Please keep your thoughts and prayers on Ralph."

Courtez McMillian, 22, was busted for aggravated assault, the West Point Police Department said. Cops are looking at video surveillance footage from the scene of the crime and have put together a list of other possible suspects.

"This does not appear to be a hate crime," West Point Police Chief Tim Brinkley said in a press release,
[...]
"It's very early in this investigation but thus far the evidence and statements suggest that a verbal altercation turned physical and somebody got hurt."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-wake-michael-brown-killing-article-1.1917685
21ot43p.jpg

Ralph Weems was assaulted by a group of men early Saturday morning after he was warned it wasn't safe because of the Michael Brown killing in Missouri.
30hwuo7.jpg

Weems, an Iraq war veteran, underwent brain surgery, according to his brother.​

32-year-old Marine was beaten by a group of men outside of a Mississippi restaurant after he was warned it wasn't safe for white people in the wake of the Michael Brown killing in Missouri,

This does not appear to be a hate crime," West Point Police Chief Tim Brinkley said in a press release,
but I guarantee if this were a african american beat by whites it would be a hate crime and riots and looting

Wtf? Twenty dudes were wailing on this man who was prone on the ground. All the attackers were black, and the victim white...

And yet....

This does not appear to be a hate crime," West Point Police Chief Tim Brinkley said

o_O

yea being near chicago i worry about my family sometimes...if this shit doesnt go away chicago will be next to riot...then its over

no this is most definitely a hate crime....things are going downhill fast....about to head across the lake to Canada

no this is most definitely a hate crime....things are going downhill fast....about to head across the lake to Canada

Oh please, you make it sound like some kind of race war is imminent. Just move out of the hood. Or wait it out till all the violence is black on black as usual.

People are fuckn ignorant and stupid. It's not a race issue it's a fuckn police brutality issue. The cops are over stepping their boundaries and abusing the citizens. Police are suppose to be here for help not harm. People that are making this into a race issue are just separating everyone even more which works in the cops favor.

Since the cops doing the abusing are white, it can't help but become a race issue even though it is a police brutality issue. People always fall for it, and it always makes things worse for many reasons. I don't know how you get people to think instead of just emotionally reacting.

It's not a race issue it's a fuckn police brutality issue. The cops are over stepping their boundaries and abusing the citizens.
Weems isn't a police officer, and neither are his attackers. This case has nothing to do with police brutality.

This is a hate crime, pure and simple. Weems was attacked because he was white. The perpetrators themselves admitted as much. But I believe that the police chief is a simpering, craven coward, afraid that justly prosecuting a hate crime against a white person would result in more violence, i.e. more hate crimes and more riots, and that's why he won't.

I hate when people are so quick to play the hate crime card. We don't know all the facts of this. All this "it was a hate crime, plain and simple" mumbo jumbo is such a load of uninformed horseshit. You folks read about crimes where blacks target whites and your minds immediately go right for that apparently oh so common injustice of whites not being protected by hate crime laws. Hogwash. The article says there was an argument inside the waffle house prior to the assault. Perhaps he was beaten not cuz he was white, but because he said something that offended these creatures.

Weems isn't a police officer, and neither are his attackers. This case has nothing to do with police brutality.

This is a hate crime, pure and simple. Weems was attacked because he was white. The perpetrators themselves admitted as much. But I believe that the police chief is a simpering, craven coward, afraid that justly prosecuting a hate crime against a white person would result in more violence, i.e. more hate crimes and more riots, and that's why he won't.

How do we know the perpetrators themselves admitted they attacked him cuz he was white? I fail to see anything in regards to that in this article. If you have a more detailed article on the event you should post it. All the article says is that some person told him it wasn't safe for white people. We don't know if that person was one of the attackers, and that warning alone doesn't establish race as a motive in the attack.

THE POINT IS....... If it were a gang of white guys beating up 1 black guy it would ABSOLUTELY, POSIFUCKINTIVELY be a HATE CRIME.

I hate when people are so quick to play the hate crime card. We don't know all the facts of this. All this "it was a hate crime, plain and simple" mumbo jumbo is such a load of uninformed horseshit. You folks read about crimes where blacks target whites and your minds immediately go right for that apparently oh so common injustice of whites not being protected by hate crime laws. Hogwash. The article says there was an argument inside the waffle house prior to the assault. Perhaps he was beaten not cuz he was white, but because he said something that offended these creatures.
pair was followed early Saturday morning from a Waffle House in West Point, Miss., following an argument with black customers. A man outside the Waffle House told Weems that it wasn't safe for white people in the wake of the fatal shooting of Brown by a Ferguson, Mo., cop earlier this month
[...]
The pair was then followed by at least 20 African-Americans as they stopped at a Huddle House on their way to Weems' home
seems pretty clear to me

People are fuckn ignorant and stupid. It's not a race issue it's a fuckn police brutality issue. The cops are over stepping their boundaries and abusing the citizens. Police are suppose to be here for help not harm. People that are making this into a race issue are just separating everyone even more which works in the cops favor.
Ok, I have to bite on this one. This is a police brutality issue?! R u fucking joking? (Please tell me u r).
The cops weren't even involved in this. How the hell do u relate an officer related shooting to 20 suspects following a white man after he left "said bar where whites weren't welcome".

PLEASE tell me where u see a cop involved in this confrontation (and I dont mean the Huddle House security) and I will shut the fuck up.

But to relate a racial beating to police brutality? Give me a fucking break.

Last edited:
Witness: Beaten Man Was Told Restaurant ‘Not Safe for Whites’

[...]
Police Chief Tim] Brinkley said other arrests are also pending, and that most, if not all of the assailants appear to come from Monroe County. Detectives are reviewing video footage of the incident.
[...]
Knighten told reporters he was trying to diffuse the situation. When a security guard told everyone to leave, Knighten said he was blocked from getting to Weems, who was on the ground being kicked by a group of people. Knighten said others then attacked him.
[....]
“It’s up to the Grand Jury to make this determination. All we do is process the evidence and turn the case over to the District Attorney who in turn presents it to the Grand Jury. It’s within their discretion to add the hate crime enhancement,” Brinkley said.
http://www.amren.com/news/2014/08/witness-beaten-man-was-told-restaurant-not-safe-for-whites/

Its kinda hard to claim police brutality when not one of the people involved were cops.
FFS, read the whole article before posting please.

seems pretty clear to me

There's nothing that links the one person warning the victim with the individuals who attacked him. The mere opinion of a single resident of the area that it wasn't a safe place for whites doesn't clearly showcase that this was a hate crime.

But I believe that the police chief is a simpering, craven coward, afraid that justly prosecuting a hate crime against a white person would result in more violence, i.e. more hate crimes and more riots, and that's why he won't.

“It’s up to the Grand Jury to make this determination. All we do is process the evidence and turn the case over to the District Attorney who in turn presents it to the Grand Jury. It’s within their discretion to add the hate crime enhancement,” Brinkley said.

He wants to keep from pissing people off, anymore than they already are.

But you guys....
I got nothing. It's Mississppi they really haven't progressed pass Jim Crow so I guess this shouldn't be all that shocking maybe that's why it isn't a hate crime.

Here we go
Brain dead, troll or attention whore
Bye,bye

Back